Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #31  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Horo, headaches! Add that to my list. I suspect it's both diet change and an increase in water intake that are responsible for mine disappearing. I had them very nearly every day.

Caryesings, what an awful thing to live with. Did you ever talk to a doctor about it? That's a huge motivator to get the weight off and keep it off, huh?
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

plantar faciatus TOTALLY gone.

allergies mush better.

Upper back pain from TOO big boobs gone.

Self Esteem and Self respect - present!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #33  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Nelie, you just reminded me, there is one ailment I have ACQUIRED with weight loss. Night sweats! You'd think they'd DISappear, not suddenly appear. I'm only 36 so I don't think it's menopause. I do not like waking up soaked!
It could be, do you know your family history? Both my mom, and my grandmother went through menopause early. My mom started when she was either 36 or 37. Finished when she was 42? I expect to go through menopause early as well.

Doesn't phase me really though. I'm 98% sure I do not want any more kids anyway.

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #34  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightRaven View Post
It could be, do you know your family history? Both my mom, and my grandmother went through menopause early. My mom started when she was either 36 or 37. Finished when she was 42? I expect to go through menopause early as well.

Doesn't phase me really though. I'm 98% sure I do not want any more kids anyway.

LR
Me too! I'm at the stage where if I meet a guy and he wants more I'd have to give it a lot of thinking, but I am certainly not seeking to have more children. It's hard to say in my family because the women have all had hysterectomies, a trend I plan to stop!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 189/178/140

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Migraines I was just recently diagnosed and instead of taking the meds they wanted me to I started exercising and eating better. Now they are gone. I had them every single day and they are complex migraines so they lasted hours upon hours instead of 10 min to an hour. I have not had a full blown one in over 2 weeks *knock on wood*
Sonjae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:40 AM   #36  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

i can actually make it up several flights of stairs quickly without losing my breath! last year i could barely make it up one without wanting to die.
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #37  
We'll go with that!

Quote:
Me too! I'm at the stage where if I meet a guy and he wants more I'd have to give it a lot of thinking, but I am certainly not seeking to have more children. It's hard to say in my family because the women have all had hysterectomies, a trend I plan to stop!

Yea see that's the thing.. I'm only 31 and divorced. It's not necessarily a no way, no how am I having another child.. If I met a man, and he wanted kids, I'l really have to think about it.... hence my 98% positive...I had a miserable pregnancy, a painful delivery (or lack there of, ended up having an emergency c) and then my daughter had so many digestive and GERD issues- she was a miserable baby for the first 6th months (and a royal pain the butt )...

She's 4 now and the light of my life, She's attached to me at the hip (she'd crawl back inside if she could!) and I don't really have a desire to have any more children because I'm completely fulfilled with my princess.

LR
Old 04-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #38  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Quote:
Caryesings, what an awful thing to live with. Did you ever talk to a doctor about it? That's a huge motivator to get the weight off and keep it off, huh?
Oddly enough, no, I never thought to bring it up to a doctor. My sister also has a "sensitive" GI tract and whenever my Mum brought it up to doctors at our childhood medical visits, it was recommended she restrict the fiber in our diet. I can remember after one event, I was not allowed to eat ANY fruits or vegetables for a month which I thought was pretty cool as a kid cause didn't really like either that much.

When I developed Binge Eating Disorder in my late teens, I got into over-exercising and found diarrhea during running is a not unusual condition for some runners so just thought it was something I had to live with. I would just make a point of not eating anything 12-18 hours before a planned physical event like going kayaking with friends.

The first hint that we got that our issues could be related to diet was when I joined WW in the 90s and they ENCOURAGED fiber foods. Told my sister (who is skinny) and she started eating more fiber and this helped both of us on normal days. I still had the exercise-induced issue, but had given me hope that I might not have to just "live with it".

So when I decided I must exercise every day as part of my plan to lose weight, I figured out how to work around the problem. It's been an absolute bonus that the problem is virtually gone now. Again, I don't know if my body finally adapted or the now habit of eating small amounts of food every 2 hours is what did the trick, but I'm not giving up either habit!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #39  
We'll go with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryesings View Post
Oddly enough, no, I never thought to bring it up to a doctor. My sister also has a "sensitive" GI tract and whenever my Mum brought it up to doctors at our childhood medical visits, it was recommended she restrict the fiber in our diet. I can remember after one event, I was not allowed to eat ANY fruits or vegetables for a month which I thought was pretty cool as a kid cause didn't really like either that much.
You know, I'm really intrigued by this "condition" that you experience... I meant to say something about it before, but forgot.

I was under the impression that having a bowl movement after exercise was normal. I mean, everytime I exercise, shortly after I'm done, I'm running up the stairs. Now, it's not explosive. But normally, my bowels are very loose (I go several times a day) and not easily held.

I asked my mom, and she though it was normal, that exercise makes everything in there to start moving. But I've never heard something so .... severe?... as yours.

So you've fixed it by eating every two hours? I don't consider myself to have a sensitive stomach (unless it's soup. I usually comes back up on me, don't know why, my stomach hates it and evacuates!)... but I thought this was very interesting. I'm glad you are doing better with it

LR
Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #40  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

This is a very motivational thread, LightRaven. Thanks for starting it.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote