3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Looking for someone who needs to lose 40 lbs. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/230459-looking-someone-who-needs-lose-40-lbs.html)

lasttime 04-12-2011 06:04 PM

Looking for someone who needs to lose 40 lbs.

Hello eveyone I am determined to get down to 130. I need to lose about 40 lbs. to get there. However I am having a really tough time:carrot: getting started and I need support and encouragment along the way. If there is anyone out there with a similar situation or if you can give advice or encouragement I hope to hear from you.

sacha 04-12-2011 06:12 PM

Hi, I don't have 40lbs to lose, but I started at that point :) I have maintained that loss for 7 years except during pregnancy (and back to pre-pregnancy in about 6 months). The key was to stick to the proper calories, no matter what, for over a year, and it came off. It was not easy, but it worked. And to stay with that level of dedication for life. When I went out with friends (I was 20 when I started), it was plain chicken burgers and vodka with diet coke. At home, it was chicken, rice, broccoli (with lots of seasoning and spices). I did hard cardio 4x a week and eventually got into weight lifting.

Good luck, you can do this. It's a formidable number "40", but it's not impossible. What are you struggling with? I know it's getting started, is it a struggle with finding the right plan?

lasttime 04-12-2011 06:31 PM

I am not on any particular plan because of my tight budget. I am just cutting back and trying to exercise. But its really hard for me. I start out great then I am tempted to eat junk food, mainly sweets. I kind of do a mini binge. So once a day I have a huge meal of junk food and then I am fine for the rest of the day. I think I need help having a daily check in and being accountable to someone. Hopefully someone out there is willing to help. I am unable to post my email because it says I need to have a count of 25 or more posts to be able to do that. But its my name at yahoo.com

sacha 04-12-2011 06:36 PM

There is a daily accountability thread here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...11-4-17-a.html

Do you eat too little/deprive yourself and then binge? Or is this totally mental? If you have mental reasons for binging (ie compulsive eating) then perhaps speaking with a professional can help :) One thing is for sure, that binging on junk food/sweets will not result in losing 40lbs. Find your reason for binging and then move on from there...

Tonyia 04-12-2011 06:54 PM

I need to lose 30lbs! I put them back on after losing them last yr. The best way I lost them was through calorie counting, eating "good for you" foods and exercising every day.

I hope you find something that really works for you!

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress!!! :)

Txalupa 04-12-2011 08:13 PM

I lost just over 40lbs! I am here for encouragement, as is everyone in this forum! Read through some of the old threads, poke around. Welcome!

DrivenByAmbition 04-12-2011 08:36 PM

I'm aiming towards 48 lbs... Then deciding from there.

lucysam77 04-13-2011 07:55 AM

I need to lose 35 pounds!!! but i think patience is the key.... eating right, exercise and wait!!! :-) good luck

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar083...0/135/170/.png

glavinwife 04-13-2011 10:22 AM

I am looking to lose about 35 lbs - 40 would be wonderful, too though. You are not alone!!!

berryblondeboys 04-13-2011 10:34 AM

And me - I ditto though the Daily accountability thread. It's a great thread, but fast moving.

However, I'm needing to lose 45 lbs yet if you want to keep accountable with me. I've already lost 34.

lasttime 04-13-2011 12:45 PM

Today is my first day starting my weight loss journey and I want to lose 40 lbs. I started great today an apple with a cup of milk. Hot tea and splenda in it. For lunch I will have a sandwich,fat free cream cheese on light bread and a plum. For dinner I will have a slice of pizza with a huge salad with ceaser dressing. Diet coke and water in between. I will do a 30 min.walk on my treadmill when I get home today. Hopefully it will be a osing day today. By the way how do you all weigh yourself? Is it daily? Weekly?

sacha 04-13-2011 01:20 PM

Congrats on your plan :) Have you considered counting calories to make sure you are choosing enough (or not too much) food? It may be worthwhile as sometimes we gain weight without realizing it because food is much higher in calories than we think it is (along with measuring). You may also find that undereating early in the day (an apple and cup of milk is max 200 calories) may lead to overeating/binging at night (which can be easy when it comes to pizza and caesar salad dressing, both high in fat and calories).

As for your question, I no longer weigh myself, but I used to once per week, in the morning, naked after the first morning pee! Weight fluctuates daily by several pounds so you may find that to be misleading. Others don't. Good luck :)