I feel som guilty

• I ate a little square piece of chocolate and i feel so guilty. That propbably 200 cals i just ate tasted soooo good but its like half the calories of a meal lol. OOPS!!!!

It was so worth it. Sometimes you just have to have a treat
  • To me, a treat doesn't feel like a treat if you feel guilty over it! I do best with "treats" that I've worked into my plan and that are really WORTH the calories. If the chocolate was worth it to you, and you account for the 200 calories, why feel guilty? It just hampers the enjoyment of that chocolate...and if you're spending 200 calories on it, don't you want to enjoy it?
  • I agree! You wouldn't budget $200 for a pair of shoes you didn't absolutely LOVE. Making room in your food budget is the same! Also, the good thing about a food budget is that it resets itself every day, so if you have buyers remorse, just don't eat chocolate tomorrow!
  • Quote: I agree! You wouldn't budget $200 for a pair of shoes you didn't absolutely LOVE. Making room in your food budget is the same! Also, the good thing about a food budget is that it resets itself every day, so if you have buyers remorse, just don't eat chocolate tomorrow!
    Love this analogy
  • Quote: To me, a treat doesn't feel like a treat if you feel guilty over it! I do best with "treats" that I've worked into my plan and that are really WORTH the calories. If the chocolate was worth it to you, and you account for the 200 calories, why feel guilty? It just hampers the enjoyment of that chocolate...and if you're spending 200 calories on it, don't you want to enjoy it?
    i do this, exactly. i know if i'm craving a specific sweet treat that i can budget it into my calories and satisfy the craving without worrying about a possible binge on the healthy stuff later. if my body says "give me chocolate" and ignore that for too long, i end up eating everything in my refrigerator as a substitute... and that ends up being more calories than the piece of chocolate would have been!

and if i feel a little guilty about my slip, i'll add some time into my workout to make up for the calories
  • If I could never eat chocolate again, I'd rather be fat and happy. You can absolutely have chocolate and still lose weight, just not all the time. Lose the guilt, plan for it, and you'll do great
  • Very true. I guess it really wasnt worth it. I wouldve rather eaten a piece of pizza for 200 cals. It would have lasted a lot longer too lol. Lesson learned!
  • Oh and i was wrong it was only 55 cals I feel better now except now im craving pizza lol
  • Quote: I ate a little square piece of chocolate and i feel so guilty. That propbably 200 cals i just ate tasted soooo good but its like half the calories of a meal lol. OOPS!!!!

It was so worth it. Sometimes you just have to have a treat
    You need to find out exactly how many calories are in that "little square piece of chocolate" before you start feeling so guilty. I just looked up the calorie count on my favorite Lindt chocolate and 200 calories = 4 squares!
  • bah 200 calories and 50 calories definitely isn't something to worry about. weight loss is about a lifestyle change and you can't live your life thinking that certained treasured foods are off limit to you that's just setting yourself up for failure. keep the things you love just make healthier choices when it comes to choosing which one you enjoy and eat them in moderation.

i for one would opt for dark chocolate over milk chocolate any day. mmmmm dark chocolate.
  • lol i dont like dark chocolate. But thats how i feel about pizza and bread
  • Yeah, I eat chocolate once in awhile-and I've lost quite a bit for only having started a little over amonth ago. I work it into my calories so there isn't any guilt. I simply ate what I planned. And I savor every. single. bit.
  • Quote: Oh and i was wrong it was only 55 cals I feel better now except now im craving pizza lol
    I was gonna say... Had to be a big piece of chocolate to be 200 calories!

I budget in mini peppermint patties or Hershey's kisses so I know I can satiate that chocolate craving.