Where can I find weight loss support online?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I need to lose weight to be healthier and I was wondering if there's any free online support for people trying to lose weight healthily.
  • Here! You've found one of the most awesome places to read, ask questions, and get information on the web.

• i found help here!
  • This is the best place i've found!!
  • This is a great site for "support" from people. If you're looking for tools (calorie-counting, portion sizes, etc), apps for your smartphone, and other things like that, people on 3FC have found the following useful:

• FitDay
    • LoseIt (I use this)
    • Daily Plate at LiveStrong.com
    • About.com calorie count

And a bunch of others. They're all basically the same thing. Like diet plans, mostly they'll all work if you just pick one
  • I totally agree with everyone above. This is the best site for weight loss support!
  • look no further!
  • Here? Look around the forums to find the niche that suits you best!
    It's broken up by age group, weight-loss plans (WW, Calorie Counters..etc), and a whole lot of mini-groups! The biggest general group is the "weight loss support" forum where you just posted this thread
  • I have been to a dozen weight loss support message boards and this is the only one I found a real home in.
  • Hi there! I'm new here as well. Hopefully this will work out for both of us. Everyone here seems to be using healthy plans to lose weight and there is plenty to read. Just stopping by to say "hi."
  • You can't find a better place than this. Look around at the different forums and find one tht appeals to you. You don't have to be limited to just one, I have several that I post in regularly.
  • Like others already mentioned, there are lots of great sites out there. But I have found none better or busier then this one. And this one has it all for all different sort of plans. Love it here.
  • I am new here too.
    Just getting a look around.

So far I've seen a lot of support and ideas going on here.
    It's less intimidating then some of the bigger sites.

I've kind of just started dabbling my toes in the water, but I hope to get more deep here!
  • thanx friends.....
  • I only just joined here but it's the best forum I've found and it seems to keep me on track as everyday I visit it reminds why I shouldn't eat cake