Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 3"

Default Slacking, No period, Not pregnent, 1 pound weight gain :(

I am 5 months postpartum and I breastfeed my son. I have been having a very busy week at work and have been slacking on my calorie counting... but I am sure I would not have eaten 3500 extra calories in the past week... but you never know..

Also, I have missed my period (8 days overdue). I took the test and am not pregnant. My tummy and face looks bloated and I have gained 1 pound

Do you think I have gained 1 pound of fat or could it be water weight?
willgethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Very likely to be water weight. One pound is seriously nothing to worry about fluctuation wise. My weight flucates 1-3 pounds through out the week.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

I'm with niafabo, my weight fluctuates 1-4lbs through a DAY.

Last edited by OhMyDogs; 04-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #4  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

The ammount you breastfeed will affect your periods and it's completely normal to have irregular cycles (or no period at all.)
If you are really concerned definitely visit your doctor though.

Also, the others above are probably right, but if you have put on a Ib then really don't beat yourself up about it because it will come off again. Stay positive and don't punish yourself, you'll be much more effective that way.

Last edited by belmagick; 04-06-2011 at 06:36 PM.
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm surprised your period has started up again already since you're breastfeeding. I definitely wouldn't sweat a missed period. And as far as a 1 lb gain? Pffft, it's most likely nothing. Stay on track (or pretty close) and you'll balance out.

BTW, for some women, nursing is the best thing ever for their weight loss. Others, it just makes their body want to hang onto some reserves.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #6  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
Very likely to be water weight. One pound is seriously nothing to worry about fluctuation wise. My weight flucates 1-3 pounds through out the week.
this
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #7  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Yep, I'm definitely in the don't worry about this camp! I'm surprised your period has started up again too. Mine started up at 9 months postpartum (we nursed 2 years total) and DD really didn't eat solids until 12 months old so I thought that was pretty early.

Also, nursing can do some crazy things to your body at time so don't stress it. I'm not someone who loses much of any weight with nursing and had to struggle with every single pound. It was still definitely worth it to me but I'm just saying.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote