Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

I think you've posted a few threads about being frustrated with a stall, and I may have responded with similar comments on them, so I apologize if this is repetitive. As an earlier poster said are you COUNTING LITERALLY EVERYTHING you put in your mouth? If you are, down the the gram, ounce, and tablespoon, then I'm not sure what to tell you- perhaps others can give more helpful advice. But if you are estimating or eating intuitively, I'd suggest seriously calorie counting and measuring and weighing everything. I'm one of those people who eats WAY over what I should be eating when I eat intuitively and, even though it's all healthy, I end up gaining weight. I *have* to calorie count and am always shocked at how much I underestimated. Anyway just a thought, again please dismiss if this doesn't apply to you. Good luck!

Last edited by indiblue; 04-05-2011 at 09:06 AM.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #17  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
Oh I almost forgot to tell you my sister didn't reach the weight requirements for the army but they did a body fat test and she passed that so she still got in. If you keep losing body fat and the scale doesn't budge there is still a chance you could get in. Talk to your advisor about it and don't stress.
My doctor told me they have to write letters for athletes all the time b/c they don't came anywhere near healthy on the BMI scale. She said "sure they are heavy but they are by no means fat!" Even people who monitor health and weight as part of their career don't take the number on the scale as proof of fitness.

One thing is for sure, no matter what that number does today or tomorrow, you still need to keep on keepin' on. Don't let slow progress cost you your victory! You are still in the game and succeeding is going to be a matter of staying in the game. If you want to be in the military, I know you have the heart to stay in the game. Even when things get hard, you'll keep fighting.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #18  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I think your expectations need adjusting. 18 pounds since December 30 is about 6 pounds a month. That's a very good, very healthy rate of loss. In fact it's a bit more than I have lost in the same amount of time. Except for my very first month on plan, I have never lost more than 5 pounds in a month. I hope that gives you some perspective on what you have accomplished.

You're doing fine. What's your rush? Stop insisting that you're a failure and look at what you have actually accomplished. The weight is coming off. Trust your plan, take a longer term view. "I haven't lost any weight this week!" is missing the point, because fluid fluctuations can readily mask a week or two or three of legitimate fat loss. Be patient. You're doing fine.

Last edited by carter; 04-05-2011 at 12:21 PM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #19  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'd make sure you are dutifully tracking your eating- do you have a scale? Weighing food made a HUGE difference for me. I was underestimating things like protein and overestimating things like peanut butter and veggies (weighing veggies is much better than using measuring cups btw).

Mind posting what you eat? Maybe you are eating too many carbs?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote