Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm still not sure. All I can do is keep trying. It's better than not doing it, right?

Congrats to all of you that are sure of themselves. WTG!

BTW, I'm very envious of your shopping story. That will never be me! I look forward to shopping for smaller sizes, but I know (from when I was smaller) that I'll never have that assurance that I just AM a certain size. Also, the last time I was your weight, I was a size 14. Not fair! Makes me wonder...I think I'll start a new thread...
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #17  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I don't have a choice. My husband and I are newlyweds, and we want a long life together. I need to stay healthy for us. :-)
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I take it day by day, too. I don't want to say I'm afraid of a regain...but I am. Every day that I end the day having made the same healthy choices and staying within my calorie range, I breathe a small sigh of relief. I am hoping slowly but surely I will gain more confidence. But the fact is I spent pretty much the last 17 years eating a ton of unhealthy foods, and way too much of them at that. I am always vigilant...I am just entering into the realm of maintenance and I am just taking things day by day.

Last edited by sept15lija; 04-04-2011 at 03:29 PM.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #19  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
When did you know you were going to make it this time?!?
I knew I was going to lose the weight the second I made the commitment to myself that I was going to do it. Not "try", not "wish", not graph and chart how long it was going to take and then never do it...

One day I woke up and said, "today is the day I take my life back." And I did.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #20  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
I knew I was going to lose the weight the second I made the commitment to myself that I was going to do it. Not "try", not "wish", not graph and chart how long it was going to take and then never do it...

One day I woke up and said, "today is the day I take my life back." And I did.
Pretty much this. I'm not perfect and regain is possible, but I cannot possibly go back to the state of unhealthiness and ignorance of food I had before. Counting, logging, being accountable... It's ingrained now.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 266/248/150

Height: 5"9

I've never really attempted to diet in the past. One day I woke up, decided I wanted to be healthy, researched and researched for a couple of weeks. Finally after a few weeks of researching different diets, understanding calories and weight loss, I was ready to commit. It's only been 4 weeks but I'm so proud of what I've already accomplished. When I'm out with friends I can say no to a drink or choose the healthy meal on the menu. I'm stronger than I thought I was and that's an amazing feeling.
fancypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 209/197/180

Height: 5'10

When I realized that the career I have wanted so bad requires a physical fitness test and training that requires: 20% or less body fat, a timed mile, ao many situps, etc.

If I can't do this, I will regret it for the rest of my life.
Live4Summer13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

I knew I was gonna stay on track when I actually said "No, thank you" to some of those delicious warm, freshly baked David's Cookies ... I would have NEVER... EVER ... EVERRRRR said NO to them. They're just too perfect! I was trying to prove that to myself & now that I have;; I feel like I am building enough discipline to eat a serving & not binge..
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I think I decided I would "make it" when I stuck to my diet through a 24 day vigil at my dads bedside and then he passed away. If I could stick to a diet through that... I decided I should be able to stick to it through anything. He was so proud of what I started and I owe it to him to finish. ..

...now I have to stop crying...
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

There have been a couple of these moments along the way.

The first moment I knew for sure that I could lose the weight was when I hit 158, which until then had been my previous lowest adult (or teenage) weight. When I reached that number in 2003, I remember feeling horrible and deprived and tired of "dieting." When I reached that number this time, I realized I could live this way forever.

The moment I knew I could KEEP the weight off was different. I was responding to a post on 3FC and someone asked a similar question: How can we stay on plan for the rest of our lives? I thought about my response and put into words what I knew and felt - I don't know about the rest of my life, but I know about today. And that's how I'm going to do this.

Seeing a similar response above from the ever-wise saef makes think I'm on the right track with that one!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote