3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! Week of 4/4 - 4/10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/229718-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome-week-4-4-4-10-a.html)

TooManyDimples 04-04-2011 10:14 AM

Morning everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend.

Bikerchick ~ Congrats on the 2.2 lose!

Mamakat ~ I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get to see your doctor soon.

LLBold ~ That was a lot of miles. Good for you. =)

Shells ~ Yay for the shorts! I'll probably cry the day I can fit into a 14/12. I haven't been that small since I was a preteen!

Sum ~ 8 miles a day is amazing. I couldn't do that. =) Hope it helps get you to the 140's!

Pint ~ I hope your plan works well for you.

Diana, Berry, Stacy & anyone I may have missed ~ I hope you all have a great on plan day.

jendiet 04-04-2011 10:29 AM

ok, everyone quick personals.

Mamakat! You seriously need to talk to your husband about you having to find a job. what spurred it? do you need to look at your income/budget? I don't think you are stable enough from what you say to handle NOT only the stress of looking for a job, but the stress of keeping one. I'm sorry you are having such issues. It sounds like you have social phobia. I have a little social anxiety myself, so i understand, but yours sounds very complicated. You definitely need to see a dr. before you spiral down anymore too.

Llbold, wow you are active. your activity sounds fun. wish i could just take off and go for a hike. good job on getting down to 122. When will you hit maintenance you think?

pint, i'm terrible with my drinking water. I sure needed it yesterday though. i would have clawed someones eyes out for water. I need to figure out a consistent/ convenient system to get my bottled water though. i've been using store bought, but i hate the amt of water bottles i throw away.

Lacey, going to italy? wow that seriously sounds fun. i wouldn't know what to do with myself. I love travelling. I don't like the process of travelling though--i get severe motion sickness--unless i'm driving. i love getting there though!

Stacy, God bless you for being such a light in your friend's life. I'm praying for her. GBM are very agressive, though RARE, and terrible. It scares me because I remember when cell phones were so new, and I saw this no-name dr. talking about SAR and the fact he expected to see an epidemic of GBMs in 20 years because of the usage.

berry, i don't know if you remember or posted it somewhere and i overlooked it but i asked if Walk it out had a good replay value? i'm usually not into a game with no replay value.

Diana, way to go on bookeeping. I thought the fiscal year ended in July. yeah i'm curious what your business is too.

afm: feet majorly hurt this morning. blood sugar was good though- 94. despite the tea and ginger snaps i had late last night. i couldn't help it, i had the worse taste in my mouth, and HORRIBLE heartburn.

after prevacid, a zantac, and maalox, i finally got some relief--note to self DON'T SKIP PREVACID PILL.

RN COMP is looming over me. I keep trying to figure out the logistics in my head. I take the ATI and score a level 3 with an 81.6. which is considered 99 percentile. But, we're to take this comp and score a 94 or better? it must be a repeated test, or the questions from the practice test MUST be on this thing.

Here's my schedule: RN COMP tomorrow. Clinicals Wednesday. Leaterdership ATI test on Thursday, and 265 Test 4 on Thursday. Is that enough tests? apparently not!

I got to take another 150 question practice test today--the last one took me 4 hours, cause i took my time to learn the rationales.

so, i'm stuck indoors today.

Vixsin 04-04-2011 10:33 AM

Hi Everyone!!!! :grouphug:

Well the scale is at it again...I'm back up to 201.8. I'm not stressed out though. I had an AMAZING weekend. Went to a hockey game and then hung out with a friend. Had a great time. I noticed that it's difficult for me to eat on the weekend because I am too busy "doing". LOL That just feels silly to say! LOL Anywho, I made the best choices I could and accounted for everything I ate. Even with my estimations, I was within my calories. I feel good about every decision because I thought long and hard about them all. :lol: I know it's mostly water because I didn't eat clean by any stretch of the imagination. So I've got some good, quality calories packed to eat today and I am certain that my body will be thanking me for it within the next couple of days.

Back to the gym today after work. I am so excited. I am going for an elliptical workout today. My hip is still sore so I am going for a resistance workout today and definitely not speed.

I've got a lot of reading to do from the weekend, so you'll all forgive me if I pick up my personals today. :)

BBL!!!

Andejean 04-04-2011 11:02 AM

Hi folks, I haven't disappeared...

well, I think I'm down on lbs, probably because when we went out this weekend, I drank diet soda instead of a few cocktails... The doctor put me on antibiotics for an infection under my eye, probably connected to a sinus infection, so no drinks for me. I had a good weekend, though busy. A little bummed I couldn't drink because we were toasting our friend at a memorial, and they were selling jager bombs to benefit the family (his fav drink). I'd have like to have one for him, but I can always have one for him next week...

Went out for a greasy fish fry on Friday because TTOM is coming, and #%&@%#^ I WANTED ONE!!! <--- Yeah, REALLY bad... LOL. Ate the leftovers for breakfast Saturday morning, because I do stuff like that, then went out to eat at a chinese buffet with classmates during our 7 hour class... dinner was 3 pieces of frozen supreme pizza. Yesterday was horrible eating, 3 servings of pretzel crackers for breakfast, an apple and a banana for lunch, a little leftover spinach pasta casserole, then dinner was chicken breast with tomato sauce and pepper jack cheese, plus a huge pile of green beans... then we watched tv and ate a bag and a half each of microwave popcorn... still about 300 cals under my limit, so not as bad as it could have been...

Off to hit my to-do list, soooooo much to do... I am really looking forward to summer...

zoodoo613 04-04-2011 11:21 AM

I'm down 2 lbs this week, from 215.2 to 213.2, so that's good news. I'm starting out very slowly on this journey, so I'm really pretty pleased with the loss.

The only exercise I got all week was a short bike ride yesterday. I have standing plans to walk at lunch time with someone from work, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. I'm ready for spring!

PhoenixPlames 04-04-2011 11:33 AM

Hey everyone, mind if I join? I'm new around here, but I really need to do something about my weight. I've really let myself go and it needs to stop! :(

I weigh in on Wednesday's, and last Wednesday I hit the big '300' mark. I'm so disappointed in myself and am definitely committed to getting this weight off!!!

I just wrote out a list of short term goals for myself. Hopefully that helps!

LLBoldAsLove87 04-04-2011 11:45 AM

Jendiet... sorry I think you asked about maintenance before and I forgot to answer. 118lbs is my arbitrarily set number goal... but if my current way of eating doesn't get me there, I don't think I will eat less to get there. Even if I get to 118, I'm really trying to get into endurance-running, and I assume that I'll gain muscle mass and be back in the low 120s (but a more toned 120s!) after a while.

LisaP916 04-04-2011 11:48 AM

I'm new to this thread as well. I joined Weight Watchers on March 26th, and I had my first weigh in on April 2nd. I lost 6.2# during that first week, and I was thrilled!!! I don't count calories but I do track my points, and I'm finding this new Points Plus program to be much easier to follow than I anticipated. I know the weight loss numbers won't be that high every week, but it's nice to see that kind of return on my first week's investment!

There's nothing major or stressful coming up this week, and I'm generally a stress / emotional / boredom eater. Hopefully that means I won't have any motivation for the mindless eating.

I look forward to "meeting" all of you!

surfergirl2 04-04-2011 11:53 AM

Hi everyone! Sounds like the weekend went well for most of you.

My calories were 1990 on Friday, 2080 on Saturday, and 1900 on Sunday. On Saturday night i all of a sudden realized i had forgotten to log some nuts that my friend gave me, so i had gone over my daily limit :( I rectified it by cutting my calories by 100 the next day. So everything is still going according to plan. :)

Vixsin 04-04-2011 01:00 PM

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. This thread is so encouraging!!!

Andejean 04-04-2011 02:00 PM

well things with the mooch have finally come to a head... He came in the kitchen and asked me if he had done something specific to make me look at him with disdain for the last week, or if it was the fact that he was there in the first place... (first of all, the disdain has been there a LOT longer than a week...) I told him it was the fact that he has lived here for 6 months without so much as an attempt to find something else, and that I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore. So he said "actually I am looking, and I'll find out this afternoon", so as he walked away, I muttered "about D@mn time!" Then he got his jacket and left. Here is to hoping he's out quickly... UGH I am so angry right now! All I want is dark chocolate!

LindseyLou 04-04-2011 02:09 PM

Roadbiker – Woo hoo on the 2.2!! :D

Mamakat – :hug: I’m sure you can find some kind of job that would be low-person interaction. I’m kind of that way too…people can stress me out! I’m the kind of person that would prefer a job in a cubicle…you tell me what to do and I’ll do it. I would about die if I had to speak in front of a crowd, even a small conference. :eek:

LLBold – 122.8! WOW! :yay:

Shells – I did some shopping this weekend too…it’s actually fun now! :lol: Where are you and DH going for your anniversary??

Stacy – I know you’ll see 179 soooooon! ;)

Sum – You got some great exercise in! I know you’ll be seeing the 140s real soon! :D

Pint – I’m right there with ya, the last few days I’ve barely drank water and ate really salty stuff and drank (hello water retention! :o) I’ve been trying to eat more protein, I think it helps fill me up a bit more, and smaller meals, but 5-6 per day. I think your plan of attack sounds good! You can do it! :cheer:

Vixsin – “I noticed that it's difficult for me to eat on the weekend because I am too busy "doing".” LOVE this!! You’ll be under 200 again soon, dagone scale! It’s being mean to me too. :rollpin:

Ande – I had some drinks this weekend too…a few too many. Hope you’re feeling better! I’m still struggling with my sinus infection! :(

ZooDoo & LisaP - :welcome3:

Sum38 04-04-2011 02:11 PM

Welcome Zoo, Phoenix and Lisa

Ande; I started drinking club soda with lime when I go out. It does not go down fast like pop and it looks like I am having a drink. I started tipping the waitress as if I had vodka in it :lol: Not her fault that I am on diet. haha!

Vix I LOVE hockey. Well I was born in Finland, it is sort of our national sport along with crazy ski jumping :) -- I am glad you had a great weekend!

Jen When are you done with school?

Shells Yay for the 12's!! I am not surprised; you are so beautifully tall!

Stacy Sending good wishes and positive thoughts to your friend Deb!

Pint You go girl! BTW; I HATE drinking water as well. I do manage to get 84 oz in each and every day, but I have to be very anal about it. I will 12 oz glass and gulp it down at one sitting. I give myself a tick mark for each glass. -- I basically have an appointment with fridge each 90 minutes :(

Diana Thanks for this new weekly thread! Don't work too hard, as Melissa asked I am curious as well what is it that you do? If you don't mind sharing.

Road 2.2 lbs. That is HUGE! You will be in 130's this month!

Melissa I made nachos the same day you made tacos. I basically had all the same incredients in it...I think I am still retaining water from it. I added Hidden Valley Ranch (powder) to it as well...I am sure that has sodium over load :(

Mamakat -- I echo what others have said. Take care of yourself! Bipolar is a hard illness. My father suffered from it (before meds). What do you take? Zoloft and Abilify?

Lacey Congrats on your new low! Have fab time planning your cruise!

Sum38 04-04-2011 02:12 PM

LidseyLou As I was typing personals, I was wondering where you were :)

LindseyLou 04-04-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum38 (Post 3790863)
LidseyLou As I was typing personals, I was wondering where you were :)

I'm here! ;) I had typed them all out earlier but lost them...