Crying like a child

• So, Here I am sitting at work, next to me are some mcdonald's french fries. There not mine but left for me to finish off if I want. I''ve been trying to do a detox, I stopped the supplement shakes because I couldn't handle it. I had a good meal for lunch sitting in front of me, full salad loaded with veggies and oil dressing, squash and onions, steamed asparugus. What did I do? Give in and ask for honey mustard sauce to pour over my salad because I just felt not as full and needed more. Now I'm picking off french fries, not much only five..but still I haven't had 'fast food' in 2 years...2 years! why now?

I think tomorrow I'm going to rework this detox diet and talk with my husband about it. I just feel so horrible since we paid 200$ to do this detox with the supplements and It's only been 5 days and already I cheated. This also happens to be the day that another co-worker said I looked really skinny. Frustrating. I just want to go home and cry.
  • It's OK. Throw the french fries out in a garbage can far away from your desk, drink a glass of water, spend a few minutes by yourself taking deep breaths and getting some perspective and try to forget about it. You can recover from this super minor bump in the road. All is not lost.
  • Get the french fries out of sight immediately. Throw them in the garbage.
  • Like the others said. THROW them out! You are better then those stupid french fries! Drink a HUGE cup of water and shake it off. its okay to mess up. You have to learn from your mistakes!
  • I did throw them away after making the post thinking that would be best..I still feel really horrible. I think my biggest problem is I'm not getting enough natural sugar...and I get that this particular diet calls for more veggies less fruit but I get it through my husband that it's NATURAL sugar and it's okay to eat it without the stupid supplement shakes. They're just so gritty and nasty, but I just feel over-sensitive because he worked really hard to try different things to make it edible. I feel like a failure since he said I don't have to drink them. I think I might try some green tea with it and eat the fruit without being in a shake. I never liked fruit smoothies/shakes anyway.

Just so frustrated with myself today.
  • Mr. French Fries meet Mr. Trashcan.

Seriously, I always stop and remind myself it's so much easier to just not eat the first one than to stop after 2-3. I will pitch tempation foods if I have to!
  • If this detox diet was a mistake, it'd be an even WORSE mistake to stay on it just because you paid for it.

I mean, if you pay $100 to go to a concert and you get there and it's the most god-awful screaming painful noise you ever heard, do you stay and suffer just because you paid for a ticket? No, that would be crazy. This is the same thing.

I am not a fan of "detoxing" in general. Find a sustainable way of eating that you enjoy and start there. There doesn't need to be a ritual at the front end.
  • French fries are only worth it if they are piping hot. I don't know anything about detox diets, but french fries are probably never part of the plan. It sounds like you are not happy with the detox diet you are on, and I understand not wanting to waste the $200, but I think this may have to be chalked up to an expensive lesson learned.
  • If you beat yourself up over a few french fries in two years you are going to drive yourself insane. The shakes were a bad choice, lesson learned. Did you get them from a doctor's office? Can you return any of it?