3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   would eating 1 lean cuisine a day be healthy? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/227939-would-eating-1-lean-cuisine-day-healthy.html)

bellastarr 03-13-2011 03:06 PM

would eating 1 lean cuisine a day be healthy?

i love the lean cuisine pizzas, would eating one a day for lunch be bad because of the sodium?? i feel like people that do nutrisystem eat all their meals loaded with sodium and are able to lose. thoughts? right now i try to eat like 2 or 3 a week but they are sooo good and easy for lunch.

niafabo 03-13-2011 03:09 PM

as long as that's not all your eating i think you'll be okay just drink extra water to compensate and expect the weight to appear a little more stubborn "coming off".

Asherdoodles87 03-13-2011 03:13 PM

I eat lean cuisines very often, and when I am actually on plan and exercising the weight still comes off fine.

msmarigold 03-13-2011 03:24 PM

I eat a lean cuisine / frozen entree meal most days for lunch and it hasn't had a negative effect on me.

bargoo 03-13-2011 04:06 PM

I don't think one lean cuisine a day will be a problem.

IheartZumba 03-13-2011 04:08 PM

I LOVE the Lean Cuisine pizzas! That's usually what I eat for lunch and I haven't had any problems with the weight coming off.

Shmead 03-13-2011 04:11 PM

The only problem with Lean Cuisine is that they are really small, and if you think of that as a "meal", you'll likely be hungry long before dinner. I'd pair the pizza with a bag of sliced veggies, or a salad, or something filling and low cal.

Sodium seems to affect different people very differently. I never worry about it and it never seemed to affect anything. It's worth experimenting to see.

Eliana 03-13-2011 04:29 PM

Sodium is kind of funny. My best friend has lost over 100 pounds without removing sodium from her diet, but I bet she carries a good five pounds of water around with her all the time. The scale just keeps moving down, always reflecting the water weight, so it doesn't bother her. She also doesn't have the same kinds of fluctuations I do because she never drops the water. I almost think her journey has been LESS frustrating. I'm not sure.

I started out with Lean Cuisines and did just fine.

girlinwaterglobe 03-13-2011 04:45 PM

Lean Cuisines get a bad rep for having too much sodium, but unless you are older, at risk of a heart attack, or have been told by a doctor to lower your sodium intake, you are fine. Honestly, the increased level of sodium can't be as harmful to your health as being overweight and you are better off having a 340 calorie pizza than a salad loaded with dressing topping in at 500-1000 calories.

I eat lean cuisines 2 or 3 times a week and there was a time where I ate them a lot more frequently. I think they are delicious, I especially like the "spa cuisine" honey chicken and thai chicken in peanut sauce.

bellastarr 03-13-2011 05:40 PM

Yes i agree they are all delicious! I like them better than any other frozen brand of "diet entrees" i've tried! i LOVE the meatloaf ones too!

joyfulloser 03-13-2011 05:54 PM

I guess I must have just gotten a "bad" lean cuisine. I recently tried the "4 cheese lasagna" and was really disappointed...as in it was almost inedible.:(

Anyhoot...in answer to the OP's question....No...I really don't think one LC meal will hurt anything.:)

pnkrckpixikat 03-13-2011 07:18 PM

as eliana said, her friend eats them and has lost but has likely been carrying around some extra water weight the whole journey, if your body doesnt already have that built into the loss you may see that small gain due to water weight but then you should have no problem with the weight going back down, you may just be carrying a little extra water with you

shannonmb 03-13-2011 08:02 PM

The Lean Cuisines I have looked at have an average of sodium in the 600-700mg range, and the American Heart Association recommends 1500mg as optimum (which is far lower than most Americans eat).

I have been watching my sodium, mostly because I used to salt the heck out of everything I ate, and my BP was affected negatively. Now I still have a couple Lean Cuisines a week, and I still do just fine with my target. I just try to make my "side dishes" (as one does NOT do the trick for me) low or no sodium, and keep an eye on the other meals in my day. One restaurant meal has probably 5 times the amount of sodium as a Lean Cuisine, so I just try to watch it. I don't think it's a big deal. ;)

EDIT: BTW, I lost a good 70 lbs of the weight I have lost while still eating FAR more sodium than the recommended (like maybe 2-3 times as much).

caryesings 03-13-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 3756591)
Sodium is kind of funny. My best friend has lost over 100 pounds without removing sodium from her diet, but I bet she carries a good five pounds of water around with her all the time. The scale just keeps moving down, always reflecting the water weight, so it doesn't bother her. She also doesn't have the same kinds of fluctuations I do because she never drops the water. I almost think her journey has been LESS frustrating. I'm not sure.

I started out with Lean Cuisines and did just fine.

Thanks Eliana for that theory. I've almost felt guilty because I have no weight fluctuations, unlike so many folks on these boards. At first I thought because I only weigh once a month but now it occurs to me that it may be because my sodium intake level has not changed throughout my weight loss and now (involuntary) 5 month maintenance.

LandonsBaby 03-13-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3756688)
I guess I must have just gotten a "bad" lean cuisine. I recently tried the "4 cheese lasagna" and was really disappointed...as in it was almost inedible.:(

I think they taste like hairspray. :dizzy: