Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Anybody else shooting for a higher goal weight?

I see a lot of people on here with goal weights at the mid to lower range of a healthy BMI. That's great, I don't have a problem with that but I was at a healthy weight for many years in high school and college and I was really happy being at the higher end of my BMI so it's hard for me to think of going below that. Plus we're going to try and have another baby once I get to my goal weight and since I'd rather start sooner rather than later we're going to start trying once I reach 155lbs (or exactly the highest healthy BMI for my height). Although my final goal weight is probably closer to 140lb...

I'm just curious if anyone else is doing that and what there reasons are for that. I get that some people want to be slim after being overweight for so long and that's fine but it'd be fun to look forward to reaching my goal with others with a similar goal in mind.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I am striving to reach 140, and at 5'2" that will have me in the middle of the overweight range. At this point, I will be thrilled to be there!
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I am right there with you in having a higher goal weight.

The one I have listed is probably higher than I'll wind up going, but for my height, 135 or so is the upper boundary between "normal" and "overweight"--and that was what I weighed throughout much of high school and college. I liked weighing 135-140ish, found it a much happier place to be than the 170ish I weighed in junior high and easier to maintain than the 125ish I weighed for a few years in my 20s.

I'm aiming for "looks great in clothes and pretty good naked" weight, personally. I suspect that, now that I'm older, that'll probably be a little higher than my lowest weight; I like my newly re-defined jawline after losing 30 pounds, but I don't want to lose much more weight in my face. I think my body looks great with some amount of junk in the trunk, so I don't want to work my butt off too literally. It's important to me to feel healthy and active, but I like being voluptuous; I realized long ago that my body type isn't meant to be slender or athletic, so I'm best off aiming for a fleshier shape.

I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing a goal weight that isn't at the low end of the spectrum--not from an emotional perspective, not from a health perspective, not from an aesthetic perspective. In fact, I think it's rather awesome to decide on your body's appearance for yourself and not based on a chart that is significantly flawed.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

For now, I am aiming to be 166 so I can get out of the obese category and I have no idea what my final goal weight will be because I've always been over 160 throughout high school especially now that I'm an adult, ya know? I'd say 140-145 would probably be it even though it's considered overweight. I'm right there with you, Nola- fleshy shape rather than slender or athletic!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #5  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

This is me. According to my doctor I should be 115-120. I know it's not gonna happen and, honestly, I don't even know if it's possible for me to even be that small! My goal weight is 139. Weird number, I know, but it gets me out of the 140's. Just a mental thing. So yeah, that's my goal. A very realistic one. I figure anything less than that is just a bonus! :-)
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10''

I am tall and my initial goal is 180 (173 is the highest healthy BMI for my height). That was the weight I was before I got pregnant. My final goal is 160-165 minimum. I have never been less than that as an adult even though I ate healthy and was active. I do have a bigger frame so I think I look great at those weights even though they aren't considered thin.

I have similar reasons that you do though! We want to have another baby (TTC at the end of this year) so as long as I am at a healthy weight, I am not too concerned with the specific number.
AngelxxRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #7  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i've been saying ever since i got below 200, if this is it, i am happy. just losing the first 15 going from 230 to 215 (my maintaining weight for years) i felt so much better. being close to 200 again meant so much to me. emotionally, physically, i just felt so much better! bouncing around in the 180's now for months. i still feel good. i want to lose maybe 10 more? what's most important for me is how i FEEL. the chart is a fleeting thought. i'm a muscular person, so i want to be able to see that muscle, actually feel comfortable in shorts in summer. so yea, compared to most on here, my goal is high. i'm a mom, i want a weight i can maintain without pulling my hair out and restricting everything too. and AMEN to keeping the curves in all the right places!
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

I'm heading for a slightly higher end weight, too.

I have a wide frame anyway, but I'm planning on being in the police, so I need a bit to me so I can't just be pushed over.
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm darn happy sitting at 145, the entrance into normal. Ten more pounds is plenty fine for me. If I go lower, I won't complain, but honestly, I'm happy. I just went shopping today and purchased medium dresses, a pair of size 6 jeans and a pair of size 4 cargos. I am happy.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm aiming for 170 which is in the overweight range. I have a large bone structure and put on muscle easily. All of my sisters started looking to skinny to most people when they got into the 160-175 range so I don't wanna dip down too low. Already a size 12 and I still have over 20 pounds to lose would be very happy being a size 8/10 which is considered medium in most clothing sizes. My goal may change when I get there though. We'll just have to wait and see.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #11  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'm doing that too. I have a very large frame (wrists are 7.25). Doctors say I should weigh between 155 and 165 (guess work mainly). My goal is 175. I don't care what BMI that is, because BMI's aren't meant to be used for individuals, but for populations. They're bogus because what's ideal for one is too much or too little for another.

After I get to 175, I'll see how I feel. So what if I have 10 extra pounds on me. THAT is not going to put me at much risk for ANYTHING. Unlike the 275 I got up to several years ago. Every pound less I weigh, the better it is for my body. My current weight, is ever so much better than my starting weight and it's making it easier on every part of my body.

I need my goal to be attainable and maintainable. I'll figure it all out as I get closer to it, but if I'm not completely there, but close to there, I'll be happy and my doctor should be happy. Perfection is impossible, so I'm not even going to try. I'll eat right and exercise for the rest of my life and that's it.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #12  
Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 280/162/160

Height: 5'8

Another tall gal here. I'm aiming for 170 because it was a very comfortable adult weight for me. I'd maintained at 140 (as an adult) when I was more of a runner. At 170 I was fitting into clothing I adored and I felt wonderful. That's my aim, hanging out on the cusp of the overweight range.
586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/135.5/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm 5'2", but I have a thicker build (can barely touch finger/thumb around wrist, wide hips, larger bust, thick ribs.) My healthy weight range is 101-136. When I weighed 115 pounds, I could see my rib and hip bones. Now I'm not knocking those that like it, but I personally don't want to see that in the mirror. So I won't set my goal weight lower than 120 pounds - and I'm not even sure I want to get that low.
maydaymayday911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Me! My goal is set at 155 (just eeking into the normal category), but I'm not sure I'll go that low. I remember being very happy at 165-170, I still had breasts and hips and I remember my measurements at 164 being 39-28-38... I liked that. It probably won't shape up that way again, since I've had 2 kids in the interim, but I'm going to play it by ear and see how things look.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

I would honestly just be happy with getting under 200. It would reduce all my health problems by so much! If I lose more then that it would be awesome but my goal is to be healthy, looking better is just a plus
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote