3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Anyone else here giving up/adding something for lent? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/227571-anyone-else-here-giving-up-adding-something-lent.html)

Serbrider 03-08-2011 12:41 PM

Anyone else here giving up/adding something for lent?

Just curious, I'm giving up all processed foods (my own "version"... sorta), and eating less dairy than I am now. Considering making a commitment to work out at a medium to high intensity at least three days.

Anyone else?

(oh, I'm not Christian, catholic, or anything like that, but saying "I'm doing this for lent" seems to be far easier for people to understand than otherwise)

MonicaM 03-08-2011 12:59 PM

Lent is supposed to be a time of sacrifice when you give up something you truly enjoy. I always give up wine and cheese....

Serbrider 03-08-2011 01:02 PM

I truly enjoy my sugary foods, my breads, my really yummy processed foods. :p

However... just because that's the original intention of lent... doesn't mean that you HAVE to treat it that way. The original intent of multiple holidays/whatever were to do one thing... other people treat it as something else. ;) :)

tamara72 03-08-2011 01:31 PM

I am giving up alcohol and hopefully this will also help me in my weight loss.

marianne78 03-08-2011 02:10 PM

Before I started trying to lose weight, I always gave up my chocolates and junk food during lent. I already gave up my junk food, so I guess it's just chocolates this time.

joyc21 03-08-2011 02:13 PM

I'm giving up negativity for lent.

mandagrl1 03-08-2011 02:56 PM

I am giving up chocolate and fast foods.

stacygee 03-08-2011 03:18 PM

I've already given up processed foods, sugar, bread, alcohol, chocolate...

NO- I've given enough up... not willing to give anything else up. YES- my husband does refer to me a "a little heathen"- OH WELL!

pnkrckpixikat 03-08-2011 05:48 PM

Resteraunt food, no eating out at all, my cheat meal of the week is usually going out to dinner and i use subway on days i dont want to deal with cooking

osaunt 03-08-2011 06:15 PM

I feel as though I've already made significant adjustments in my eating habits in my quest for improved health. So I'm not going to go the food route this year. I have frequent insomnia, which is aggravated by poor sleep hygiene. So for lent this year, I'm eliminating electronics (TV/computer/smartphone)after 10 pm. Also I'll be adding daily intentional exercise, I'm not as consistent with this as I'd like to be.

bellastarr 03-08-2011 09:16 PM

i gave up diet soda a few weeks ago, so far i don't miss it too much, i used to only drink 1 can a day but now i figured might as well do it for Lent.

Txalupa 04-04-2011 12:27 PM

How is Lent going Ladies?? I gave up Qdoba, Vitamin Water Zero, Zevia soda and Atkins bars (all my low-sugar crutch foods) and I haven't cheated but I'm struggling. All I wanted during a hangover on Saturday was a Vitamin water.

How is everyone's sacrifice?

LLBoldAsLove87 04-04-2011 01:06 PM

I gave up alcohol... it has been surprisingly easy! I still go out and have fun with the girls, the only bad part is ... there is usually a 30 minute window at the end of the night where I'm tired, but I feel obligated to stick it out until my friends want to go home so I can drive them safely. But that is a small part of the night! I don't think I'll drink nearly as much as I used to after Lent is over ... I think I'll start having one alcoholic drink, then one non-alcoholic, repeat.

Andrbeck 04-04-2011 01:18 PM

I gave up Mcdonalds. and pretty much all fast food. it's VERY difficult but I feel WAY better.

Txalupa 04-04-2011 02:20 PM

Lacey-- awesome idea! I should have given up booze... Then I probably wouldn't have craved vitamin water or Andrbeck's McDonalds!!!!