Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 241/239/130

Height: 5'0"

Hi, I love that dress! As others have said, I definitely recommend looking into a minimizer bra of some kind. If this won't work, there might be some other things you can try. They make so many different types of camis now in so many colors, you may find something that complements the dress. If that's not in the cards, how about taking your dress to an experienced tailor? They may be able to make a slight alteration to keep the bust area from opening up too much, or even sew in a small, matching swatch that keeps the V-neck from appearing too low (I had to do that with my wedding dress).

Anyway, much luck to you! I hope you find a way to rock that dress because it is gorgeous! Keep up the good work and don't let this discourage you.
laueliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

What size did you get?
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 252\168

Height: 5'6

yer i think that would be good,if you got the sides taken in a bit? x
alkiepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #19  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I´d second (or third) making sure your bra size is correct. I´m probably at a similiar BMI as you (since I´m shorter) and I should be in something like a 36H. However, most plus size clothes I can fit into just fine (and are actually pretty big on me. A D is a pretty small cup size in the plus size world so it could very well be that your bra just doesn´t fit well.

I know everyone is saying buy a minimizer but I´ve got to tell you that might not look very nice in a dress like that because of the weird shape. Rather, get a fitting at a specialty shop and bring the dress with. I know you don´t want to spend a ton but a good fitting bra can last a LOONNNG time, give you more confidence, and make you a world of difference with your clothes (since I have such a large cup size I look about 10-20 lbs heavier in a poorly fitting bra!).
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote