3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Is it just me, or... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/226816-just-me.html)

doopdoop 02-28-2011 11:24 AM

Is it just me, or...

Does the last pound or so of each 10 pounds seem to hang on for dear life? I'm very close to leaving the 170's, but this last pound will not melt off. I find it strange, because prior to this one I was losing consistently 1-1.5 a week, and then all of the sudden it's like my weight loss sees its shadow and gets scared off. :?: The same exact thingppened leaving the 180's, and it took weeks for that 1 pound to go, and then they started to melt away again. Sigh

Nola Celeste 02-28-2011 11:37 AM

The last pound is like that boor who is always the last to leave the party you threw--the one who doesn't notice when you stretch and yawn and look at your watch, the one who doesn't budge when you start cleaning up the wine glasses, the one who bores you to tears with the same stupid anecdote you didn't think was funny the last two times he told it.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to speed him on his way aside from continuing to clock-watch and clean in hopes that he'll take a hint. Eventually he'll shuffle off and you'll slam the door and think, "WHEW! I won't see that ****** again until the next party I throw!"

I hope your unwanted guest leaves sooner rather than later. :D

doopdoop 02-28-2011 11:41 AM

Well geez! You'd think he'd have left sooner since there hasn't been any good food or alcohol in my apartment in months. Oh well, thank you for cheering me up :P

Eliana 02-28-2011 11:53 AM

Yes! LOL! See all those mini goals in my signature? I stick at each and every one of them! The worst was hitting 199. I was 201 for three flippin' weeks!!

I honestly think we unconsciously put stress on ourselves around mini goals, like every ten pounds. We may not know we're stressing, but our bodies know.

lackadaisy 02-28-2011 11:56 AM

Definitely. Oh those cortisone levels... I say you just recalibrate your scale. You'll have "achieved" your goal and then the weight will just fly off, right? ;)

Eliana 02-28-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackadaisy (Post 3734507)
Definitely. Oh those cortisone levels... I say you just recalibrate your scale. You'll have "achieved" your goal and then the weight will just fly off, right? ;)

Pft! Why didn't you tell me that 90 pounds ago? :D

ShanIAm 02-28-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doopdoop (Post 3734482)
Well geez! You'd think he'd have left sooner since there hasn't been any good food or alcohol in my apartment in months.

That's hilarious! LOL I just recently had a run in with this bad guest. I could NOT get away from 160 for the life of me. And then when I did get to 159 (159.8!), I didn't believe it. It was only when I saw 158.6 on the scale this morning did I know I was in the clear.

I think when we get to the boarderline of a new number like that, we get overly anxious and excited and then the waiting games begin. Makes me go bat s**t! :dizzy: