Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 04:48 PM   #91  
Happy Member

Hang in there, everyone, we are almost through the "eatin' season." The New Year will soon be upon us, and will we be able to look 2003 in the eye? I hope so.

We had our last big Christmas party last night. It was a Lion's Club sit down Christmas dinner featuring prime rib. Prime rib is mighty good eating, but not exactly on a list of healthy choice foods. But it is over now, and we are taking this whole thing "a day at a time" -- remember?

Dena, you asked if I live on a farm. No, we live in a regular suburb next to a "big city" of around 60,000 poople. Wyoming is really sparsely settled. There are very few of us humans, but lots of big game mountains. There are more antelope than people here.

It is pretty, really cold this time of year, I think it is in the upper 20's right now at 2:30 PM. And the wind blows and blows and blows. But we love it, we are firmly retired here - this is home.

Our Christmas plans are to eat Christmas dinner at our son's home with the grandchildren and possibly others. I will be taking a mince pie and some other goodies. Most of our Christmas festivities center around church so there will be Christmas Eve Service, Christmas Day Service, childrens' SS programs and that sort of thing. We enjoy Christmas.

What big plans does everyone else have for Christmas? It truly is a special time of year.
Old 12-21-2002, 04:36 PM   #92  

Thumbs down One day at a time Plan

I'm really new at this, I thought the message I posted was going on this thread but it did not so here I go again!.

I've tried all the fad diets but I'm tired of eating all veggies or no fat or no taste foods so now I try to take 1 day at a time. Last year I joined a gym and actually have been going but now its getting a little old and I'm starting to feel as if I will never lose this weight once and for all!
Old 12-21-2002, 09:39 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Keltic and ReeRee welcome to One day at a time.

Dena--Sometimes I wonder if I have an eating disorder. I'm going to try your method the next time I crave chocolate Hopefully I can talk myself out of it

Kempy--You have done good this year to have maintained. I'm going to do better in 2003.

I'm ready for this Christmas season to be over with. I am through with all of my shopping and have everything mailed.

Too all the rest Let's keep up the good work and meet our goals.

My goals for tomorrow is to drink 100 oz of water--exercise 45 minutes and eat within my 40 fat gram limit.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:56 PM   #94  
ebe
noob

hi reeree welcome
1 day at a time is where its at!..there is absolutely no reason that a person should have to torture themselves to lose weight....
life is too short to not enjoy things. its moderation that is good!

i had a good workout today. upper body + lots of cardio
20 minutes walking - warm up for strength work
35 minutes jogging
20 minutes stairmaster
20 minutes bicycle
some abs i was dying by that point though

also i weighed myself urgh but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, i came to a very enlightened acceptance by the end of my workout after thinking it over
so as of today December 21 i weigh 149
and i think i'll weigh myself again in one month

thinking of some new years goals now =)
darn by april i would really like to lose 20 pounds but more than that being fit and strong would be all i can ask for.
everything will fall into place when you're on the correct path....

which reminds me of an interesting thing i read in Runners World today...yeah i'm not quite a "runner" yet but one day!
anyway it was an article about a military guy that runs and stuff competively, an inset in the article was a quote from his coach that said something to the effect of
"Never pursue the goddess of money or the goddess of success, if you're on the right path, the goddess will find you"

it really struck me. and its so applicable to every facet of life.

take care
Old 12-21-2002, 10:09 PM   #95  
Merry Christmas!

Well you guys......I just want to say that it really sucks having all that christmas baking in the house!! I have been very unsuccessful today in my plans to not eat any of it!!!!
Darn!! Tomorrow is another day tho.....and am really going to try harder! And drink lots of water! I'm missing my water!
I haven't weighed myself ...... but I don't think I've gained. I don't feel like it anyway! But am going to be a lot more conscientious in my healthy eating!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:00 AM   #96  
Happy Member

Hang in there, everyone. Especially those who are doing major baking for Christmas. That makes things very difficult, and if you can avoid all the temptations, my hat is off to you !!

I personally gave up the Christmas baking many years ago when I siimplified my life. I will bake a pie for Christmas dinner, but will eat none of it. The cookies didn't get baked at all at our house, and Christmas will come anyway. No candy got made. And everyone will survive.

What I did do instead was take slips from my favorite house plants, potted them, and will give them to my dear friends along with a poinsettia (homemade with plastic canvas) plant pick. They look quite attractive. My friends don't need the sweets any more than I do.

I think we will all survive Christmas, especially if we just take it one day at a time. This has been a good thread for me. I like the idea of doiing things one day at a time.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:18 AM   #97  
Going All The Weigh

Good Morning ladies. How is everyone? Me, well I'm just waiting for this season to be over with! All the cookies and cakes and sweets are driving me nuts! I'm going to be working on Christmas, so my family is doing the Holiday thing Tuesday night. I dont have that much longer to go right? Hah!

Anyway. I talked to a friend of mine who said everyone at my WW meetings really missed me. It felt good to know there were people out there that still care. So I have decided Jan 2 to start going back to meetings. I have stuck pretty well by the plan, but I need the soical interaction. The board here is great, but I do need real life support. Please ladies dont be offended by that. I'm so thankful I found all of you.

Well I've ran my mouth enough. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:59 PM   #98  

Well, I did my Christmas baking today, so now the plan is not to eat them! I didn't get a chance to work out today, but I will be at the gym tomorrow. I can't wait for the holiday's to be over so I can get back on an exercise and eating plan!

Have a great holiday everyone!
Old 12-22-2002, 08:09 PM   #99  
ebe
noob

jojo that is a great idea with the plants. i think i'll use that one

keltic gypsy - good for you going back to weight watchers. if it helps then more power to you we won't get jealous! lol

kamari only a little while longer until christmas is over. and then there will be plenty of time to ignore sweets and baking.
yum i could really go for some home-made treats right about now too

reeree mail me some cookies ok?

so i have had a great day today....well eating wise its been ok....my trouble time is night, i could not eat a thing all day and then at night....pfft all goes to pot

BUT my workout today was so awesome.
15 minutes walk 1 mile warmup
30 minutes jog 3 miles..actually ended up being a little over 3 miles!
20 minutes elliptical
20 minutes bicycle
what i do on the bike is not very hard really, i just like to sit and look through magazines while trying to keep my heartrate up. i'd like to work harder on that soon though maybe...

my plan is to run 3 miles everyday this week and if its still going well i'm going to move up to 3.5- 4 miles. exciting!
i'm so psyched i ran..ok jogged...a whole mile after my first 2..in 8.9 minutes. personal record! wooooo
and then i wasn't even tired or really gasping for breath when the treadmill kicked into cooldown mode.
i don't get it....why are some days so strong and other days soooooooo not?
i guess sleep, nutrition...etc?
Old 12-22-2002, 10:34 PM   #100  
Going All The Weigh

Ok ladies we are in the home stretch now. Not that many more days left till the whole holiday thing is over! Whew! I'm going back to my WW meetings not the Thursday after Xmas, but the next. I think Jan 2. I cant wait. I have missed everyone there so much.

How is everyone hanging in? Got any tips to stay OP during all the dinners? Oh, and has anyone tried T-Tapp?
Old 12-23-2002, 08:37 AM   #101  
ebe
noob

i wish i knew how to stay on program during dinners.
this week its going to be hard as i'm flying to florida to see my parents today.
yay for warm weather
they are going to stuff me with food i know.....ugh
but its only one week so it cant be that bad.
and my mom told me my uncle has gotten me a week pass to his gym so hopefully i can maintain workouts.
Old 12-23-2002, 12:41 PM   #102  

Hey all!

Here it is closing in on Christmas. Let's hang in there and make this a great holiday season.

EBE, have fun on your trip to Florida. That's cool about you getting a week's pass at your uncle's gym. You're doing an excellent job on your workouts! I love the idea that you jog. And I'm sure you'll be in a competition soon. You inspire me! Thank you for the quote from Runner's World.

KELTIC, I think it's great you have pals at Weight Watchers. I know you'll do well in 2003! The best tip that I can give regarding eating at holidays is to plan ahead of time. Just figure out what might be there and figure how much of it you can have without eating too much of it. Hang with us until you start your meetings.

REEREE, welcome to our group. Great to have you with us. You're right... the best way to lose weight is to take it One Day At A Time. Plan your meals, drink water and exercise and you will get there.

JO JO, thank you for your explanation about where you live in Wyoming. Sounds beautiful, but c-c-c-old. I'm freezing at 50 degrees. lol What a wonderful idea of giving plants as gifts. No one needs those added cals from sweets. Your Christmas plans sound so beautiful... right out of Norman Rockwell.

KAMARI, Yes, all this Christmas baking and sugary treats are really too much. I'll be glad when they're gone, too. In any, event, let's keep drinking that water and do the best we can as far as meal planning goes.

CEEJAY, I'm with you about wanting this season to be over with because of all the sweets. And no, you don't have an eating disorder, what you have is temptation... like we all do. When we don't see the food, we do just fine. Let's keep hanging in there.

KEMPY, how are you doing today?

I know we keep saying we can't wait for the holiday season to be over, but just like JO JO said, we have to look at the bigger picture. A cute little baby born named Jesus was born on Chirstmas Day for us. It's easy to forget that. Somehow sweets got mixed up in this celebration. I don't even think they had sweets back then. lol

Have a great week everyone!

Luv,
D

Old 12-23-2002, 02:47 PM   #103  

Good afternoon ladies!

When i read your posts I see myself in all of them. It makes me feel better that I am not the only one stuggling. Not only are all of the temptations of the holiday there but to make it worse I am about to start. So, everything looks good and I feel that I have to eat it all. Hubby and I have deceided that we need to hit the weights again after Chritsmas. We both complain about gaining weight (as we are stuffing our faces) but we have been to busy to workout. I know, I work in a gym so I should be working out all of the time. It actually makes it worse. I don't want to get up early plus that just makes it even longer that I have to be here. After work I don't want to stay b/c I have already been here for 8 hours. All I want to do is go home and hang out with my man. I don't get to see him very much b/c he is out of town alot.

Dena I saw Twins yesterday and I looked for you. Did you say you were in the jacket or the vest?
Old 12-23-2002, 03:20 PM   #104  

jacket.
Old 12-24-2002, 10:05 AM   #105  

My hubby and I are leaving for our trip this morning. Just wanted to wish everyone a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Luv, D
Closed Thread