Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 11:17 PM   #16  
ebe
noob

hi ceejay errrrrrr welcome! i'm new too so i feel weird saying that but well...humm there we are

i ate too much dinner!
two servings ugh =/
at least it was only stir fried chicken and broccoli and spinach.
could have been worse....
think i am still under 1400 calories though.

good workout today. upper body and 40 minutes on the treadmill...
i hate weekdays at the gym because it is so crowded. soooo many huge guys. i feel like such a tool. last week i finally got up the nerve to sneak around the free weights area and do some exercises with the little bitty dumbbells.
well everyone has to start somewhere right
tomorrow! - cardio day! i already have a goal in mind....well 1 actually getting to the gym and 2 running at least 2 miles. i was going to say 1 mile but why not think big 2 miles lol

man i've already posted three times today. i'm a message board addict
Old 12-11-2002, 12:17 AM   #17  

WELCOME CEEJAY! Glad to have you join our group. Your stats are close to mine. I was 177 when I started. I'm now 139. My final goal is 130. We will make it happen! Your goals for today are great!

Ebe, great workout!! I know what you mean about coed gyms... a little too much testosterone for me. I belong to an all women's gym. There's not much competition there, especially around this time of year. I practically have the whole gym to myself. lol

Kemp, tell us about your gym. As exec director, you should know the answer to this one. Which machine burns the most cals in the shortest time?

Okay, guys, till tomorrow.

Luv, D
Old 12-11-2002, 10:09 AM   #18  

Dena do you mean cardio? If so, I think the elliptical is great. Your knees never straighten so the are constantly working.

Ebe you are right we all have to start now. I started with 8 pounders now I am way past that. You just have to keep working at it.

I started the fitday site yesterday. I hope it works. I am not very good at sticking with things. Now that I have a comptuer at home it may make it easier.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:30 AM   #19  

Hey guys!

It's a brand new morning! I already did 30 min of cardio, ate a nice healthy breakfast and gotta go shower. Can't stay long on the computer this morning as it is connected to the phone. Rats! Expecting a few calls. Anyhoo, new day, new goals:

Journal
Drink more than 8 glasses of water
Eliptical at the gym, plus treadmill and weights
Pamper
Think Positive (With God's help, all things are possible!)

Okay, girls, who's up for bat?

Kemp, tell us about your gym and your job. Is it all women, lots of machines? And congrats to you about trying fitday. You know, I'm just trying that myself. I'm trying to see how many days in December I can do it. So far I've managed 11. lol I used to do portion control or read books about cal counting. Whatever works for you. Tell us how you lost weight.

AB, how's your day going? How do you count cals?

Jeris, how was weigh in at weight watchers?

Wendy, what day are you at now? How's the little one?

Okay, gotta hop in the shower.

Ta Ta for now.

Luv, D
Old 12-11-2002, 12:28 PM   #20  

I think that our gym is not very intimidating. It is a shame that all of you can't see it. OUr average age is 35-53. We don't allow college students. They tend to tear everything up. I love the fact that all of our members are here to get healthy. We have a good deal of overweight memebers thatlove it here. We treat them like no one else in a gym ever has. The actually like comming here. They don't see it as a chore. I am always asking how everyone is doing. Checking up on them our members is important. Without them I have no job. I make them as happy as I possibly can. I have been to gyms where the eployees could care less if you are doing the machines wrong. They would much rather talk to their freinds. I don't want to push this but we do have a web site. We are working on haveing it reado to make it a little more interesting but I like it.

www.northcypress.com

Let me know what you think.

How I lost weight was not a healthy way. I can look back now and see that. At the time I couldn't see it. I worked from 1:30-9 so I would get up at 8 go straight to the gym (on an empty stomach), do 30 min. of weights and 1 hour of cardio. When I got home I would eat 4 eggs or a dry turkey sandwich. Then I would get dressed and head to work. I wouldn't eat at work until I got off. When I got off I would make my self a cranberry fruit smoothie and have a Luna bar. That is all I would eat during the week. I would relax on the weekend and eat what I felt like. No wonder I lost weight, I wasn't eating enough.

I am having problems with FitDay. Is anyone else? I want to see how I did yesterday.
Old 12-11-2002, 01:46 PM   #21  

I'm having problems getting on, too.

Kemp, you sound like you have a really great gym. No one pays any attention to us at the gym. You come in. You're lucky if they say hello. Then you're on your own. People usually don't talk to each other, and the music is low. People complain if it's too loud. I love loud music. It helps me forget what I'm doing, and I can tread on the treadmill for a longer time. If you ask one of the trainers to show you something. They are annoyed, look at you like you're stupid and tell you some two bit thing of what to do. Then good luck. I don't ask anymore. I don't need the grief.

Are you done Christmas shopping?
Old 12-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #22  

I am trying not to think about how much I have to buy. Is everyone else finished? I am so bad about putting things off until the last minute. It usually bits me in the a**.
Old 12-11-2002, 04:19 PM   #23  
ebe
noob

wow kempy your gym sounds niiiiiiiiice
at my place recently there have been big herds of high school kids roaming around.
think the school racquet ball club or something.
but it totally sucks because they take up tons of space are loud and sit around not doing anything on the things.
so irritating. it makes me so mad that i have to pay to be around kids.
bah i guess they're mostly well behaved.
but an age limit would be nice.
everyone is pretty friendly though, i haven't had any questions however. i should test them out.

i haven't done any xmas shopping or baking or thinking.
kind of starting to stress about it. lol
Old 12-11-2002, 04:26 PM   #24  

No, I'm still not done yet. The good thing is that I hear there will be plenty of sales in the next few weeks. Sales are down at the malls. I just tried on a Christmas dress at Nordstrom's this morning. It was on sale. I hope it goes on sale again. lol

Kemp, is fitday up yet? How'd you do last nite?

Ebe & Cee Jay, where are you? I really looked forward to hearing how you are doing. And Ebe, I love it that you like to post. Your messages are always so interesting.

Okay, I'm off to the gym.

Luv, D
Old 12-11-2002, 04:28 PM   #25  

Ebe, we were posting at the same time. lol You're here! Love it!
Old 12-11-2002, 04:39 PM   #26  

I did good yesterday with logging. I had around 1775 cals. It took me until after lunch to get on it. I guess they were having problems.

Ebe our age limit is 15 due to insurance. We only have a few that age but they are not allow in the gym without their parent. Plus, we ask them to take a junior fitness instruction. That way we can teach them how to use the equipment properly and also show them gym etiquite. Most college kis can't afford us ($50/ month) so they use the gym on campus(Southestern Louisiana University). Which by the way is brand new and awesome.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:30 PM   #27  

Checking in~~

1149 cals (I was trying to make up for Mon's french fries), exercised an hour, pampered by using new, fragrant hair conditioner (that counts lol) and smiled (even when I really wanted to clobber a few people).

Here's what happened at my gym today. I walked in and noticed Christmas lites around the counter. I said, "I love your decorations." The trainer said, "what?" I said, "Nice Christmas lites." Response: Ugh.

Okay, so today I decided I need to do more upper body stuff. I wasn't even going to ask the trainer, so I turned to a lady who was buffed and asked if she could recommend something. She told me to ask the trainer. Told ya that they don't talk much at my gym.

Kemp, I should have asked you. What do you suggest for getting more definition in my arms? I really haven't done much for a while.

Bye for now.

D
Old 12-11-2002, 11:05 PM   #28  
ebe
noob

heheh dena well good i'm glad to post a lot then i'll try to stay interesting....lol.
i don't feel interesting at the moment, i'm so full of food.

i get home around 6 change clothes and have a little snack and go to the gym...by the time i get home its like 9 and then i eat dinner by 9:30.
the only problem is that i think i eat way too much for such a late hour...
and i don't like to work out after eating more than just a bite of something....like i might eat a small container of low fat cottage cheese or something like that.
and then i want to eat when i get home...not that i eat a lot but its so late.

workout was great. cardio day. i ran 2 miles yay
plus walked a mile, then did elliptical for 15 minutes and bicycle for 20 and abs. woot

sigh. now i have to spruce up my resume

kempy i bet your gym is nice..there were a few ten year olds in mine tonight lol. they were nice though. no high schoolers..

dena hmm doesn't sound like a friendly place at all lol
there is this one lady i see everyday that is so buff. her arms are amazing. i always just spy and see what shes doing.

yawn resume time
Old 12-12-2002, 10:01 AM   #29  

Happy Thursday! One one more day til Friday!!

Hey guys! How is everyone this morning?

I'm sitting here with my hot cup of coffee, enjoying every bit of it. Mmmm. And am enjoying my blueberry bran muffin, too.

Ebe, great workout!! Wow, I'm impressed. I know what you mean about deciding when and how to eat before and after a workout. It's funny, when I worked, I was so stressed out, that even after my workout I would come home and overeat--thus screwing up all of my efforts. Now that I quit my job I feel so much better, so when I come home I "usually" eat a normal meal. I know if I eat too late and go to bed, I feel like a slug when I wake up. So I try to eat early now. And my hubby and I try to walk after dinner. We both feel a lot better when we do.

Kempy, have you put up your tree and decorations? Oh, what's the best way to tone my arms?

Okay, time to put in a video and do 30 min. of cardio.

Have a great day, girls!

D
Old 12-12-2002, 10:01 AM   #30  

I am heading home in al ittle bit, I am sick. I will get on and answer you from there Dena.
Closed Thread