I love weight loss!

• Honestly, I do. I admit, I slipped up last year at 169 and gained 10 pounds (see ticker) But I'm back on track..

Anyways. I love weight loss! I love choosing different exercises to do, I love posting on forums about it, I love planning my meals and keeping a food diary. I love grocery shopping for healthy food! I love seeing a new low on the scale I love forcing myself to go to the gym on days where my bed seems wayyyy more comfy than usual. I love sweating it all out.

I think I really like doing self improvement projects on myself or something lol, I feel like a beautiful house that needs a few renovations
  • LOL! It's good you have the enthusiasm for it! Now that I'm on this end of things, I love weight loss too. But it sure wasn't all candies and roses at my high weight! LOL! I wanted it off with a snap of the fingers. But now, yeah I love everything about my new life.

I have fallen in love with Gym.
  • Happily, I know how you feel! After numerous stops and starts over the years, this is the first time I am TRULY dedicated to getting this weight off. On weekends, I still struggle getting out of bed to go to the gym but once I am there, I struggle to leave! LOL During the week after work it's a lot easier to get there. And I have made the decision NOT to date until I get to my goal. I want my nights free to work out during the week. And when I'm not working out (2 days off a week), I like relaxing at home. The weekend nights I spend with friends. I made this decision based on past mistakes. I was close to my goal once and when I met a guy, my exercise went right out the window. I gained all my weight back and then some.

I have never been in this place mentally and... I LOVE IT!
  • Quote: Happily, I know how you feel! After numerous stops and starts over the years, this is the first time I am TRULY dedicated to getting this weight off. On weekends, I still struggle getting out of bed to go to the gym but once I am there, I struggle to leave! LOL During the week after work it's a lot easier to get there. And I have made the decision NOT to date until I get to my goal. I want my nights free to work out during the week. And when I'm not working out (2 days off a week), I like relaxing at home. The weekend nights I spend with friends. I made this decision based on past mistakes. I was close to my goal once and when I met a guy, my exercise went right out the window. I gained all my weight back and then some.

I have never been in this place mentally and... I LOVE IT!
    Not to try to get you to date or anything, but...

Can you find a balance? Once you're at goal, you have to keep it up anyway. Otherwise you'll be a yo-yo for the rest of your life.
  • Quote: Not to try to get you to date or anything, but...

Can you find a balance? Once you're at goal, you have to keep it up anyway. Otherwise you'll be a yo-yo for the rest of your life.
    LOL. One day soon I am sure I'll be able to find that balance but I am afraid I am going to meet someone who is going to throw a wrench into things by making me feel "guilty" for going to the gym. And I'll either cave and not go -- and be resentful about it or I will still go to the gym but be resentful that he's making me choose. Because my self esteem was so low, I'd lose my identity in almost every relationship I was in. Although my self esteem is improving I'm still afraid that I'm going to backslide. I love men. I love being in a relationship. But right now, I love me more.

(sorry for the tread jack! :-))
  • Try to meet someone at the gym!
  • Quote:
    I feel like a beautiful house that needs a few renovations
    I love this!! So true! And yes, I totally agree. I feel like this time, something has really clicked, and I'm really enjoying the PROCESS, rather than just focussing on the results, which before have always seemed so far away...!

X