Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Default totally random goals...

After I showered today I realized that one of my oversized towels actually wrapped around my body with room to spare. Yay! I used to have to use those like 6 foot long extra large beach towels in order to wrap the towel around my entire body. My ultimate goal is to be able to wrap a normal sized towel around my body.

I know that is a totally random goal but I really will be SO happy when I can use normal sized towels etc. Right now, when I go on trips to hotels with family or friends, I always bring my clothes into the bathroom with me so that I can dry off and change immediately after my shower since I can't cover my body with the towel and go get my clothes and get ready at my leisure.

I'd like to know all of your totally random goals...the ones you may not even think anyone else shares. I would also like to know if any of you shares my random goal
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/ 129 /120

Height: 5'7"

I love the idea of this post. We all find different things attractive and/or amusing & this is a way of appreciating our individual baby-steps.

I currently can't think of any random goals I have(maybe cause it's after midnight LOL) but this has inspired me to make some up!

thanks for the boost.
hippy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #3  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Mine was fitting into my sister's pants. I'm the older sister, got my growth spurt very young and then as adults have always been at least 100 lbs. more than her and (we thought) larger hip bones. In fact when I asked her for an old pair of pants last spring she asked me if I really wanted to set myself up for disappointment as neither one of us could imagine I would ever have her skinny butt even though at the point I asked her I had already lost 80 lbs.

When I was able to wear those pants last week, it was an over-the-moon feeling.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

That's awesome and so so exciting! But about the hotel towels... I don't think anyone but a small child could be totally wrapped in those things. I have larger dish towels than some of the ones hotels provide.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #5  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean about the towels! When I go to my parents house, they seem to have the tiniest towels ever in their guest bath. They don't come close to going all the way around me, so I will definitely be happy if we go visit in the summer and I can leave my clothes in the bedroom because I'm fully covered by the towel!!! Congrats to you!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #6  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

My weight loss started on a bit of a random hapenstance. My work partner is a scrawny little guy (30Lbs less then me) and the two of us would banter back and forth. He would make fat jokes and I would make skinny jokes, all in good fun. Towards the end of the contract I said- okay I'm going to loose 15 Lbs you gain 15 Lbs and then we can be BFF when we come back for the start of the next contract! So we shook on it (I know he thought he was joking)
SO, sense then I've lost 10 more lbs and hope to loose the rest by the time we get back next year. That way I can scold him for not keeping up his end of the bargain and I still get to make skinny jokes and he gets nothing HAHAHAHAHA.
So that is my random goal

You show those towels who's boss ladies!
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #7  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

I love to travel...so my random goal is to fit comfortably in an airline seat. I always want to scream at average sized people who complain about how small they are~~
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #8  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Ooooh, and I also want to be able to wear sexy heels without looking like I'm about to topple over
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I TOTALLY share the towel one!! I check for how big the gappage is all the time, hoping to see shrinkage.

Random goals...hmm, well definitely one is to weigh less than my DH, I'm 12 pounds away from that as of this morning....another is to fit into these beautiful silk pajamas my DH bought for me like 8 years ago, but have never fit.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #10  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

the towel thing is great. I've experienced that with hotel robes. I'm not really a towel wrapper.

the airline seat thing, well, I'm not sure if anyone who is over 12 years old feels comfortable in those(!!)

I am really wanting to experience buying clothes in a store or in the dept of a store that isn't specialized for the larger sized woman. I want to chuck out any catalog that only has 16 and up sized clothing, knowing anything in it would be too big for me. that transition is a ways away for me, but yes, I'd really enjoy that!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #11  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

Right now, my odd goal is just to be smaller than my husband. He's 6'3, so on the heavy side by anyway, but he's recently lost about 80 lbs. He's mid 260s now, so I'm only 10-12 lbs behind him. He's almost to his goal weight (right now that's 240, which sounds like a lot still, but he's pretty muscular, and very tall. I really have no idea what is CONSIDERED his goal weight.. LOL).

Wow.. I think I got off on a tangent.
JackieHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I want to steal clothes from my partner and my roommate without a second glance. Right now, I can steal their fat clothes...but I want to steal the good stuff!!
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Crossing my legs was a random, unknown goal I didn't think about till it happened. When I realized I could comfortably, it was such an odd great thing.

Being smaller than most boys is something I'm looking forward too.

Last one isn't so random (fitting into a t-shirt) but momentous. In 2005, my friend, her boy at the time and I got to interview a band and then talk to them a whole lot later in the day. One of the band members told us to hold on and came back with t-shirts for us. He brought back 1 large, which went to my friend's 6'+ boyfriend. And for my tiny friend and I, he brought back 2 smalls (bless him). I can't wait to fit into it finally. It's been at the bottom of my t-shirt drawer for 5 years.
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:40 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Oh, I love this.

My totally random goal has to do with one of the machines I workout on. On the Seated Hip Abduction I use, I had to squish my right calf into the leg holder when I first started, and its still pretty snug. So my private goal is to be able to put my leg into the machine with no problem. My left leg is basically there, but my right needs a little more work.
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/175/125

I was so excited when i realized I didn't have to move back and forth to get out the car. Like.. built up momentum, and then fling myself out. It's really sad when I think about how heavy I was.
therex is offline   Reply With Quote