Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Fat Still Awesome View Post
Thanks guys. I was just disappointed because I'm on a strict diet, and then not losing any weight for a week, that is somewhat sad. But I'm still at it, so I just have to work harder I guess.

I really wish it would stop raining so I can head back to the track. O_o
I don't think we're saying you need to work harder.

On the one hand, people are saying that some weeks you lose and some weeks you don't -- even when you do the same thing. You can't control the scale.

Second, and maybe more important, we're saying that 20 pounds a month is unrealistic. At least consistently. To be healthy. Period. So yes, you can try to push yourself to lose unrealistic amounts of weight, but I don't hear a lot of people who do that unsupervised who actually keep the weight off.

Why are you in such a rush to lose?
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #17  
The True Ice Queen

S/C/G: 270/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I'm in a rush because it has to do with my career. I'm about to graduate and I'll be working in television. Like a ******, I was lazy about my physical self until just now.

I know it's dumb, but it's just me.

Even if I tell myself 3 lbs a month is good enough weight loss - I still find the pressures on me in a hurry and go back to the self-loathing, feeling like a failure. I think I've connected weight loss to a lot of aspects of my life - and just generally feel like a non-winner when I can't lose.

I will not give up though, no matter how **** I've been feeling the past few days.
30 Fat Still Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Fat Still Awesome View Post
I'm in a rush because it has to do with my career. I'm about to graduate and I'll be working in television. Like a ******, I was lazy about my physical self until just now.

I know it's dumb, but it's just me.

Even if I tell myself 3 lbs a month is good enough weight loss - I still find the pressures on me in a hurry and go back to the self-loathing, feeling like a failure. I think I've connected weight loss to a lot of aspects of my life - and just generally feel like a non-winner when I can't lose.

I will not give up though, no matter how **** I've been feeling the past few days.
Oh, I hear you. Unfortunately, that kind of all or nothing thinking can be destructive. If you expect 20 pounds a month and then "only" lose 8, you might give up, thinking you're a failure. When the fact is that would be a raving success!

And what if, so frustrated, you gave up on weight loss entirely, threw in the towel and gained it all back, and then some.

That's what has happened to a lot of us.

Instead, use the motivation to commit you to a plan. Lose what you can, get fit, and then when it's time for interviews, you'll have to do your best to be as confident as you can. If you're weight is down, you'll really have something to celebrate.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote