Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
If you can't handle the fluctuations, which are a normal part of weight loss, don't get on the scale more than once a week. And for weight loss you need to exercise at least 60 minutes a day, 30 minutes keeps you healthy.
Once a week is worse imho for someone who can't handle fluctations. They could actually be losing weight through out the week and end up weighing in on a high day and weighing once a week does not teach someone to indentify fluctuations.

also 60 minutes a day is a good suggestion but you can still lose weight quite easily exercising less and working your way up. it's what you are doing not neccesarily how long you are doing it that matters. an hour of walking for example doesn't burn nearly as many calories as 30 minutes of circuit training for example. :/
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #17  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by niafabo View Post
Once a week is worse imho for someone who can't handle fluctations. They could actually be losing weight through out the week and end up weighing in on a high day and weighing once a week does not teach someone to indentify fluctuations.

also 60 minutes a day is a good suggestion but you can still lose weight quite easily exercising less and working your way up. it's what you are doing not neccesarily how long you are doing it that matters. an hour of walking for example doesn't burn nearly as many calories as 30 minutes of circuit training for example. :/
I think any exercise is better than none. Even a little burns a ton more calories than watching tv and every little bit helps. Besides, you gotta start somewhere.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
If you can't handle the fluctuations, which are a normal part of weight loss, don't get on the scale more than once a week. And for weight loss you need to exercise at least 60 minutes a day, 30 minutes keeps you healthy.
I hope none of this is taking badly but I have to say I disagree. Yes, I realize fluctuations are a part of this process. I am not freaking out, just had some concerns and was curious what other people do when this happens. I've actually read that people who weigh daily lose twice what the people who weigh weekly or monthly do. Helps a person stay accountable. I think as far as the exercise, it is based on the person. Some people seem to lose weight by just cutting calories with little exercise.

I may do an hour some days. Still just experimenting on what works.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 225/175/140

Height: 5'6

You could weigh in every OTHER day.
luciddepths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #20  

Honestly, I don't think I could wait that long. Haha. Back up to 203 this morning, but it's officially TOM.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #21  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been like this for the past 2 weeks. I think my body is still adjusting. I've been hopping between 214 and 211 for a while now. Hopefully I'll manage to get past that 211 mark soon.

Just keep at it, and you'll get past it soon enough.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #22  

Hope you see some results soon, Laneyy. I got back down to 201.2 this morning.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #23  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I'd do nothing. Patience is key here, you just have to stay the course. You're cals are low enough, and your exercise is ok, more may be better, but you said that wasn't helping you lose...so that's a toss up. There are SO many things that can cause fluctuations, too much sodium, TOM, not enough water, stress, I could go on and on. So just hang in there.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #24  

Thank you, ncuneo. I've gone back down to 201.2 this morning. It is the TOM, but I'm hoping I'll at least stick to the 201s.