3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I'm Sooo Hungry!!!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/226480-im-sooo-hungry.html)

LandonsBaby 02-25-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berryblondeboys (Post 3729737)
Have to disagree about getting rid of egg yolks. Egg yolks have lots of trace elements and good fats. The evils of eggs are over - they are a super food. If you HAVE to lower it just because, use two whites to one yolk, but don't get rid of all the yolk.

I agree

Porthardygurl 02-25-2011 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=twinmommaplusone;3729206]Too much foods, too many carbs. Trying going

1 egg
1 slice of wheat toast

snack- smoothie

lunch- salad/greens/tblsp of dressing

snack- fruit *apple banana*
Dinner- lean protein, veggie/complex carb

I totally disagree with this idea..1 egg is okay and slice of whole wheat toast is fine..mixing protein and carb is good if you want to keep carbs in your diet.. You need something to balance out the carb..so protein is great in terms of keeping your blood sugar stable..

If you really need to have a smoothie, i would reccomend that you cut out the banana and replace it with more berries..they are low on the glycemic index and lower in calories ..you could get away with 1 1/2 cups plus yogurt and milk(skim or 1%)

Lunch: you need a protein with your salad..you will starve if you just have a plain salad..spice it up with seeds(Sunflower or pine nuts) or chicken or cheese or a bit of egg

Dinner: totally agree..

It needs to be balanced..but i reccomed you highly cut that banana out cause its full of sugar and something eaten thats high in sugar can cause you to feel hungry faster cause your blood sugar rises and falls..fast..but protein stabalizes it.

ThatMillerGirl 02-25-2011 04:21 PM

I find myself in the same situation, I'm so hungry all the time. What I have been doing is keeping very low calorie foods on had, that way even if i'm close to my calorie allowance I can still snack on them. Some of the foods I snack on are pickles, olives, cucumber, sugar free jello and frozen berries. I made a cabbage soup that has 25 calories per cup. The other night I was desperate to eat something before bed, and I had some canned green beans, only 20 calories.

NicoleInCt 02-25-2011 04:37 PM

Try making sure you eat 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. That makes it look like you have a lot more food, and often the fiber will fill you up.

Tamsin78 02-25-2011 04:57 PM

Oh, those Carbs...Some of us need to limit them...

I can agree about the whole foods: my 28 yr old daughter is finally just 19 LBS from her goal weight after working on her final 75 LBS for over a year (maintaining in between). What finally helped her was a website called "The Captain's Lady". The diet aks you to ear whole and unprocessed foods mostly. Recently she moved from the "sensitive" diet on that site to a hypoglycemic one-almost the same but allows for more a little protein and fewer carbs. She said today "how am I still losing 2 LBS a week when I had 3 'bad days'" (ate some food not on her list) and "didn't do ALL of my exercise?I told her that she finally fixed her metabolism-she's SO close to goal!
AND, RE the carbs: Just this week my sister had the carb discussion with her leader at WW. She looked over my Sis's journal and said to cut back on the carbs and fats (even tho she stuck to her points) and two days later, she dropped another POUND! The Veggies like broccoli, etc make your body work harder to burn calories because those carbs need to be broken down. Although marketing pushes those 100 calorie pacs and bars at us we may eat way too many carbs unknowingly. Sis's were a about 230 a day when they should have been about 160.

I put my initial loss down to th efact that I cut MOST of the refined carbs out; I easily cut out over 100g a day...!:carrot:

beerab 02-25-2011 05:55 PM

I agree eggs aren't bad for you- in fact I ate eggs everyday (at least 1-2) and my cholesterol went from 230 to 187. :)

I wouldn't lower your calories to 1600, that's just too little to live on for your weight. I think changing up the carbs like you said will show a big improvement :)

otachick10 02-26-2011 04:01 PM

Fiber might help. Because I know that nighttime is my worst time for overeating, I take Fiber Choice Weight Management tabs with a full glass of water before I even leave work, and that seems to help somewhat. I have a friend who has lost 40 pounds by eating an apple before lunch and supper. Fiber is filling. You just have to be careful to increase fiber intake GRADUALLY, or you will end up bloated and miserable. I learned that the hard way!