3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   I'm In A Little Bit Of A Panic (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/226370-im-little-bit-panic.html)

Bombe 02-23-2011 12:27 AM

I'm In A Little Bit Of A Panic

The good news: I've been surprised with a Caribbean cruise in April!

The bad news: For the past 3 MONTHS I've totally slacked on my commitment to lose weight and gained nearly 10 lbs. putting me back up to 199 (weighed myself this morning) :(

If I look at this on the bright side it might be a little kick in the butt, a little motivation to get me going again on my exercise regime and eating healthy, so far this week I've done well.

If I look at it negatively all I can think of is how I would rather die than be in a bathing suit! But I want to go snorkeling and swimming and sun myself, oh why can't I just feel good about it?!

I think with super-dedication I can lose 20 lbs. in 8 weeks. Given my starting point, when I'm really on the money I can usually lose 2-3 lbs. per week. I REALLY hope I can meet that goal and then just use it as a starting point and after the cruise continue to go down! I have about 40-50 lbs. to lose overall.

I realize that when I actually go on this cruise it's going to be hard not to see all the food as just a free-for-all but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I just plan on having a good time on my first cruise :carrot:

Anybody have any words of wisdom?

P.S. - will I look horrible if I buy board shorts to go with a bikini top? I carry 70% of my weight in my legs, I feel like it's almost freakish but I suppose I'm just overreacting. But those little skirt things just don't cover enough....

luckymommy 02-23-2011 12:53 AM

Wow! Congrats on the cruise in April! Wooohooo!!!

Ok, first, I should say that I hope you do just use this as a good kick in the behind to get you back on track. You can DEFINITELY do it! :) Just hang tough and do what you know it takes....you will get there.

Second, have you ever been on a cruise? I have and it wasn't a bunch of skinny minnis. ;) Yes, there were skinny people there but there were also people there that were a lot bigger than you. And you know what? Everyone has the right to love life and have fun! If you worry about what others think of your body, you give them way too much power over something that is so superficial. ENJOY yourself on your cruise. Does that mean a food free for all? No, but you won't do that. You'll be feeling SO good, that you won't want to do that to yourself. You will have a plan....and as you said, you'll cross that bridge when you get to it.

Board shorts are a great idea! Take a look online. You can find something great. I also carry a lot of my weight in my lower body and I think I might just do the same thing.....well....actually, maybe not....I ain't goin' anywhere! ;)

Have a wonderful time! Enjoy it and savor every minute. Also, enjoy the journey that you're on now....you're empowering yourself with every single workout and every time you stay on track with your eating. :)

ShanIAm 02-23-2011 08:08 AM

Before my last cruise I did the same thing they do on that MTV show, "I Used To Be Fat" by putting a day countdown on my fridge. Every day I was reminded how many days I had left to my cruise and every day I was reminded that I needed to eat well. I think 20 pounds in 8 weeks IS doable! And don't forget to pack sneakers as most cruises have great gyms! Going there in the morning helped me feel less guilty about all that food I ate and laying around I did. :-)

I carry most of my weight in my hips and thighs so I wore board shorts as well. I didn't care. I figured I looked better in those than I would have in just a bathing suit. And I was more comfortable.

Have an awesome time and let the countdown begin! Good luck!

beerab 02-23-2011 09:47 AM

That's a great idea ShanIAm- I think I'm going to make myself one of those for a trip I have coming up March 31st :)

SouthLake 02-23-2011 10:27 AM

How exciting!

I have almost always worn board shorts with my bathins suits- at high and low weights. I'm always concerned those little bottom are going to get twisted, and, then I'm not weirded out by sitting on things in my bathing usit bottoms.

Bombe 02-25-2011 12:33 AM

Thank you all, you make me feel better!

Well the good news is I got the cruise booked: 8 days hitting Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Maarten and St. Kitts! But it's an earlier one (gulp!) and I have 6 weeks and a couple of days before going. So, I decided to make my goal 15 lbs. and I've started shopping for a bathing suit (eek!) since I don't even own one. Found a cool pair of white and green board shorts online but there is no matching top so I'm thinking I'll just buy a plain white top to go with it and it'll be fine.

Wish me the will power to stay strong and drop some of these pounds before I go!