Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #1  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Unhappy i do not understand why im stuck between two numbers?

okay, im on south beach..following it to a t for the past 3 weeks...ive lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks.. which i think personally sucks cause i lost 14 pounds in two weeks the last time i tried south beach..im working out at least an hour a day and im stuck between 284 and 283..i cant get down any lower than that.. and i should be able to because i have at least a good 90 pounds to get down..so i dont understand why this is happening to me...im so discouraged..i mean.. i do everything right and nothings happening to me
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

How long have you been stuck? Really, you've had a fairly big drop in a short period of time. Often the body just needs to readjust a bit after a drop like that. The scale fluctuates for a lot of reasons...it's not going to consistently go down, day after day.

Keep on keeping on, and I'm sure it'll get moving again soon.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i'm not sure what else to say. i think your weightloss is fine! we can't compare to the 'last time' or to other people. maybe you were eating better this time, so there was less water weight. that would be a great thing! it's not just about the numbers. i think if, your weight loss is slow, then it could be stress. it sounds like in all your posts you are so stressed and worried.

also, there's tons of ways to add flavor to yogurt. like berries. southbeachers can have berries. or many of the ideas for cottage cheese could also work in yogurt.

it just sounds like your whole mentality is negative, why me? i wish i could be more helpful. i really don't think it's as bad as it is in your head. but i empathize. i do the same thing in my head, think about something over and over, really it wasn't a big deal. and when i was disapointed about not having a treadmill and lots of other workout equipment if felt like i couldn't workout too. but it's completely untrue. and even the workout dvds that i still want to buy, but cost too much. i can do those workouts, just by taking notes watching clips of the dvds. put on some music, i'm doing the same w/o for free.

you just need to find a way to work it out in your mind. how is this plan going to work for you? and thinking positively has to be part of your plan.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #4  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

9 lbs isn't bad- I only lost 6 my first two weeks.

Just keep plugging along- I responded to your other thread
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

3 pounds a week is a lot. You should be very happy with the progress you have been making so far. You probably just need to give yourself a rest day. Your body retains a lot of water and you can injure yourself if you don't rest at least once a week. You may also need to adjust your calories you should be eating at least 1600 at your weight and activity level. Take a day off and drink plenty of water and see if that doesn't help before you do anything though. I almost always drop after taking a day of rest.
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #6  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

My goodness, that's 3 lbs a week! 3 lbs! Your body is probably just taking a break to catch up, this will happen.

I see these posts a lot and I'm not sure if it's the influence of the media or what, but it's really unrealistic to expect substantial losses every week.

It's about consistency and as long as you stick to it you will reach your goal in time, maybe not in the time you'd like, but who cares you'll still reach your goal.

I know it's hard in the beginning looking down the road at all that weight you have to lose, but soon it will all be a faded memory. Keep it up and good luck!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #7  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

You've lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks....and you're not happy. Really??? You're not stalled. You're not plateaued. Your body is just catching up. Sure you've lost 14 lbs in two weeks before. I also used to be 125 lbs. That was then. This is now. You're looking for something sustainable instead of instantaneous if you want this to be the last time you're reducing.

You're really doing a great job. Hang in there. It will come off.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6''

I WISH I could lose 9 lbs in three weeks. I've got more time in on this than you and have only lost 5...last night I pushed myself HARD at the gym and guess what the scale said this morning...225. Back to my starting point. Dieting REQUIRES patience. I know that after a day of rest and lots of water, it's going to go back to where I was yesterday, and hopefully a bit less. It's frustrating to not see the scale move very fast or at all...but you are seeing it move fast. Just stick with it! Your weight loss is going to slow down as your body gets used to the changes. I'd say to keep a journal. That's what I've started doing, so I can see the trends in my weight loss. For me, after a hard workout the scale seems to always go up 3-5 lbs the next morning. That's just me.
lucyford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I think you need to relax. In a number of your posts you've talked about how desperate you are to lose weight. Sadly, all of the desperation in the world won't make the weight fly off.

You have a plan. Stick to the plan. Eat. Exercise. Weigh. And keep doing it. Despite what the scale says. You will start to feel your clothing loosen, and it will continue.

But it takes longer than a few weeks. It takes a long commitment to the process. And I fear that you're less likely to remain committed if you let the scale rule your emotions. Yes, it is very frustrating to get on and see no loss or a gain. But that is actually a very normal part of weight loss.

Good luck!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #10  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I think you need to adjust your expectations, that is extremely FAST loss! Not only that, but weightloss and maintenance is a lifetime endeavor. In the scheme of things, what is three weeks? If you were stalled for three months or three YEARS I might be more concerned, but as it stands right now, I think you should just stick with it and let your body adjust

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 02-18-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #11  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I sometimes wonder if folks who worry about losing "only" three pounds a week read any of the other posts here at 3FC. There are so many threads about slow loss from people who lose three pounds in a month or live with plateaus lasting for half a year that it seems impossible not to learn from reading these other threads and internalize the lessons.

Three pounds a week is not only good weight loss, it's excellent weight loss. Given your current height and weight, losing at a faster clip than you already are would probably be unhealthy. If you're sweating over a three-pound-a-week loss, I hope you'll prepare yourself mentally for the considerably slower losses you'll face as you get closer to goal. Plenty of featherweights are delighted if they lose half a pound a week.

This is stuff that has been said in countless other threads too, though. My advice is to read them and apply what you find there to your own situation. 3FC is an invaluable resource, but it helps to use it as a library, not just a sounding board to solicit answers to specific questions. It's great for that too, but a lot of previous posts contain general wisdom that applies to specific situations as well.

Edited to add: Here's a thread about the slowest loser on 3FC. Take a look at the successes each of these posters have had and not at the length of time they took to achieve it; what ultimately counts isn't how quickly it comes off, but how tenacious the "loser" is.

Last edited by Nola Celeste; 02-18-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 PM   #12  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

Give your body a chance to catch up. Your weight loss is totally fine. Just because we go to the gym in the morning doesn't mean we're going to drop 3lbs by the evening. You'll see the results I promise, just give your body a chance to show you what it's capable of.

You didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to fall off overnight
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

This and your other post in general chatter makes me think that you are making your journey far harder on yourself then it should be. You are upset with a substantial quick loss, you are upset with your fiance to the point of doing something that will damage your relationship, and in the end, you're just going to end up with disappointment because your expectations are very rushed and unrealistic.

Losing weight takes time. Losing weight and keeping it off takes lifelong skills that take time to develop. This journey should not involve hurting yourself or your family, or constant disappointment.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

Though it has already been said many times by other posters, I'd like to reiterate:

9 pounds lost is better than one pound gained! Even if it took you four weeks, results are results nonetheless. The important thing is that you are getting results, and believe me, ten pounds is not small peanuts!

Best of luck to you!

-L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #15  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I guess my thing is.. i am desperate..I live in my house.. i dont leave my house. Ever since i gained all this weight, i dont leave my house..I dont like going out in public and i hate how i look.. I rather wear blankets over me and sleep in bed all day then go outside..Its my 25th birthday coming up and i am..doing what? Living in my house for another day..This is beyond depression..This weight problem has caused a lifetime of problems, i cant even sustain a job because im so self-conscious of how i look in public..I wear nothing less than baggy oversized pregnancy clothes so that no one can see me when i have to go to the grocery store..I am desperate..because i feel like i cant live this way anymore..but i dont want to go out..i dont want people to see me..Its beyond worry..it is desperation.. i hate myself..in how i look so much, that it affects my relationship with my fiancee.. I wont even commit to getting married to him until i can lose 90 pounds so i can fit into a dress. I dont want new clothes until i lose alot of weight...I dont even go to the stupid gym because i hate being in public..i have to take stupid anti-depressents because my doctor thinks im clinically depressed intstead of it just being a physical thing..I mean..has anyone felt this way? I keep on saying " I love who i am on the inside and so does everyone else..but i hate who i look like on the outside" My fat outside doesnt match my inside..all i feel right now is misery and sadness and depression and hopelessness.. i feel like im giving it my all..and maybe i am impatient..but im just so desperate to get out of this fat suit ive been stuck in for so many years..i want real friends..not friends that i get to know and then push away cause im afraid they cant stand how i look..im the furthest down i can go..i just want to get out quick..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote