It's the little things :)

• So last night my boyfriend went out for a little celebration. Eating was fine but I did let myself have 3 drinks guilt free. (I let myself have a cheat meal each week so this was it...) Fast forward to this morning.
    It's cold, rainy, windy and I'm hungover. I had to drive to best buy to pick an order up and along the way I passed every fast food joint imaginable...plus best buy is attached to a mall with two food courts. Hung over me was debating...Taco bell? Sushi? Maybe even In & Out. And before I could decide I heard my little voice in my head asking me what I was thinking. Why would I work so hard to blow it all on a slippery slope?? I came home and steamed some broccoli and ate some albacore with a little bit of ff cottage cheese and a giant glass of water.

After eating...I am completely satisfied and the BEST part is feeling guilt free!! I'm about to jump in the shower so I can head to the gym. I'm 99% sure just a month ago I would've gone for the junk food and then sat on the couch watching movies for the rest of the night.

I'm sorry this is a little long just to say I made a healthy decison, but I just feel so good that my healthy ways are becoming habit!! I'm really doing this! And I feel great. Has anyone else had a "moment" where they knew that this wasn't just a diet anymore--but a lifestyle??
  • good job! it comes and goes, some days you find its easy to kick yourself in the butt and make the healthy choice and some days you lose the fight and give in, but as long as the good days outweigh the bad you're on the right track
  • Good for you! It is hard to change these habits. I have done the same thing. I also feel like when I do fight those urges I need a whole bunch of positive affirmation from someone... but, some people just don't understand that it is constantly fighting those urges... you should feel very proud. I totally get it and think you did a great job.
  • Awesome! I've done that myself, been in that situation and also made the right decision and I always said to myself later, "See, you didn't need to eat the fast food after all!"

It's true... I didn't need that fast food at all. I just had to wait the 15 minutes to get home and eat a healthy meal that made me feel good and satisfied and kept me on plan.
  • Good job! I love being able to say NO to food that I used to surrender to all the time.
  • Hooray! Great job!
  • congrats & hooray! i think hangover munchies may be worse than PMS lol!

-fm