Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #1  
the aly bagel

Height: 5'8"

Lightbulb Should I buy a new scale? & Weight loss Chart!

Hello everyone!

Not off to a good week at all. I did 20 minutes of Plyometrics P90X (which consists of all squats and jumping) and did some heavy damage to my thigh muscles. I've spent the last 4 days barely being able to walk or sit down.

Anyway. I am still having my problem with the scale. Depending on how I stand on it, my weight fluctuates upwards of 20lbs. Last week I was 188, now I am 211. My measurements also went down that week but now they are up on my stomach by .5.

Now, I tested the scale with a 5lb weight and it was dead on. Does this mean I am doing something wrong? I make sure I have the scale on the same spot everytime and it's on the tile floor in the bathroom.
In my opinion, if all your weight is on the scale, shouldn't it be the same regardless how you stand? Or am I dellusional.

Also, I wanted to start charting my weight loss to get a weekly average. Does anyone have a chart they could email me or point me towards that isn't online and that I can save onto my desktop?

Oh, one more... might as well condense it all. Is being a size 14-15-16 pant seem normal for my height and weight? I checked out mybodygallery and it seems it is. I just thought I would be a smaller pant size by now. I am almost dissapointed.

Thank you for any responses

Last edited by schubunny; 02-17-2011 at 01:00 PM.
schubunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:02 PM   #2  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Well... Are you weighing yourself naked? Clothes can really alter results. Also, check to make sure that nothing slipped under the scale. I would most certainly weight yourself standing the same way with the same posture. It does make a difference! If you are doing all of this I say it might be time for a new scale.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 PM   #3  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadameZombie View Post
Well... Are you weighing yourself naked? Clothes can really alter results. Also, check to make sure that nothing slipped under the scale. I would most certainly weight yourself standing the same way with the same posture. It does make a difference! If you are doing all of this I say it might be time for a new scale.
Unfortuntely I am doing all that. I really hate the thought of a new scale, as this one is pink and is for breast cancer. Aww Maybe I should get a new one and keep this one as well, and see just how off it is compared.

I just find 20lbs to be a bit much.

One thing also -one day I weighed myself with clothes on. Let's say it was 190. Then I weighed myself naked -IT WAS STILL 190!!! And I had pants, underwear, bra and shirt. How does that make sense?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #4  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

Who made the scale? You can try recalibrating. I just got annoyed at my new top-rated EatSmart scale, left a scathing review on Amazon detailing its ridiculous fluctuations (I consider 2 lbs in 5 minutes ridiculous, but yours are MUCH worse), and was called by a/the VP of EatSmart in three minutes. It was actually kind of freaky, TBH.

For me, recalibration involved taking out the battery for 10 seconds and putting it back in, tapping on it so it turned on (instead of step-on), and then weighing myself. It became consistent within 0.2 lbs after that.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #5  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackadaisy View Post
Who made the scale? You can try recalibrating. I just got annoyed at my new top-rated EatSmart scale, left a scathing review on Amazon detailing its ridiculous fluctuations (I consider 2 lbs in 5 minutes ridiculous, but yours are MUCH worse), and was called by a/the VP of EatSmart in three minutes. It was actually kind of freaky, TBH.

For me, recalibration involved taking out the battery for 10 seconds and putting it back in, tapping on it so it turned on (instead of step-on), and then weighing myself. It became consistent within 0.2 lbs after that.
Thank you, I'll see if I'm able to remove the battery.

If I look on mybodygallery, 188 seems much more accurate to my pant size/height than 210. :/

EDIT: Just tried it and it's the same, aw, time for a new one I guess

Last edited by schubunny; 02-17-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:41 PM   #6  
shwerk

S/C/G: 274/158/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubunny View Post
Unfortuntely I am doing all that. I really hate the thought of a new scale, as this one is pink and is for breast cancer. Aww Maybe I should get a new one and keep this one as well, and see just how off it is compared.

I just find 20lbs to be a bit much.

One thing also -one day I weighed myself with clothes on. Let's say it was 190. Then I weighed myself naked -IT WAS STILL 190!!! And I had pants, underwear, bra and shirt. How does that make sense?
ROFL that is BIZARRE!
gagalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #7  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

If it changes that much depending on how you stand, I'd get a new one. Mine will fluctuate up to a pound, but to make it do that I have to prctically make a 90-degree turn.

And I think your size sounds about right. At 190-200 (and I'm 3 inches shorter) I'm a 16. BUT I have absolutely NO butt. If I did I'm guessing 18.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #8  
the aly bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseFalls View Post
If it changes that much depending on how you stand, I'd get a new one. Mine will fluctuate up to a pound, but to make it do that I have to prctically make a 90-degree turn.

And I think your size sounds about right. At 190-200 (and I'm 3 inches shorter) I'm a 16. BUT I have absolutely NO butt. If I did I'm guessing 18.
I have a flat butt myself. Right now my size is completely all over the place and I'm a shirt size L now when I was an XL.

I know I've been doing everything right, so I don't see how I'm still 210 which is where I hit in October.

This is stressing me out haha!

My measurements definitely tell a different store than my scale.

Bust -38
Waist - 33
Hips - 43
Thigh - 23
Arm- 12

And when I first started I was

Bust - 46
Waist - 45.5
Hips - 49.5
Thigh - 28.5
Arm - 14.5

I didn't lose much on my hips which is why I haven't gone down much for sizes.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

My scale doesn't fluctuate that much, regardless of how I stand on it. I think it's time for a new one.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schubunny View Post
Unfortuntely I am doing all that. I really hate the thought of a new scale, as this one is pink and is for breast cancer.
Seriously? I don't care if the scale is pure solid gold, if it tells me I weigh 20 pounds more than I really do, it is getting chucked LOL The breast cancer association already got a portion of the profit as a donation, get rid of it.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #11  
the aly bagel

I haven't seen anyone mention a weight loss chart... does this mean no one has one?