My New Diet Plan, Opinions Welcome!

• Hi Everyone,

I have been skimming this forum for over a year (I’ve been researching health and nutrition for like 5 years off and on) and there’s been a ton of great information on here and support from all of you for others so I finally decided to register a few days ago.

I am starting a new diet today so I thought I would post it here and a few other places for support, motivation, and for your opinions.

I am a 27 year old male, 5 foot 10 inches tall, 234 lbs, and 32.7% bodyfat (I used the Navy bodyfat formula)

For my diet I’m going to be eating low carb, keeping my carb intake under 50g per day. If I stop losing weight then I may put calorie restrictions on it too but not right away.

For my workout I’m going to do P90X, from Beachbody. Most of you have probably seen the commercials. I live nowhere near a gym and would rather workout at home anyways. I can’t do a pull-up so I’m going to use heavy bands instead lol. Hopefully by the end I’ll be able to do a few.

For my nutrition I am going to drink **********, also by Beachbody. It’s basically a meal replacement shake and a multivitamin in one. I figure with my low carb diet I won’t get the nutrition I need by myself so this should be a good supplement.

Wish me luck! I actually already did Day 1 of P90X today. It’s been a good wakeup so far for my body between finally being active, drinking more water than I have in months, and getting some vitamins in me lol.
  • Ive never done a low carb diet but it sounds good. Keep us posted!
  • Two tips:

1) Eat your veggies. Lots of them.
    2) Eat your veggies. Lots of them.

• Welcome, and good luck on your journey!
  • my 2 tips:

1) Diet rite pop..it will save you on the days you crave a Coke
    2) Eat Chia.. It helps fill you up..even added to the water bottle, can keep you full.
  • Thanks for the tips! I've only had Chia cappuccino or something like that and didn't really like it. Do you use tea or just like a supplement? I'll definately consider it if I start having hunger issues!
  • That sounds like a good plan good luck! This forum is great for support!
  • Hi Adam!

Just wanted to say hi from someone who lives just up the road! I'm just outside of Watertown!

At any rate, I wish you luck on the low carb journey. For me, I focus on portion control rather then eliminating one aspect of a diet, but I know a lot of people who cut carbs and have had success.
  • I am not familiar with ********** but P90X is awesome. You will hate it but you will love it at the same time. Good luck and make sure to keep up posted about your progress.
  • it is not difficult to get complete nutrition with a low carb diet, which are you doing? Lots of veggies, and healthy fats. (if you don't have enough fat to replace the carbs, you can't stick it out)
  • Be aware that doing low carb can make serious working out a real challenge. It has to do with the way the body utilizes glycogen and how it functions when carbs are not a readily available fuel source. Might be worth looking into, perhaps on a fitness forum, before you jump into the P90X too heavily.

Good luck.
  • Thanks Robin I did look into that and it looks like if I am in ketosis then the ketones will replaces the carbs fully after a week or so. If not then I will have to reconsider.

Wow Cherrypie that's really random that you live near Watertown! Small world lol.
  • Good luck, Adam, and please keep us posted on your progress.
  • Good luck! I have loads more energy on low carb than calorie counting so you will be fine working out. The first 3 days are tough but once you get in ketosis, you will feel great.

Jennifer