3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What's your go to food? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/225635-whats-your-go-food.html)

Katydid77 02-14-2011 01:06 PM

What's your go to food?

So, when you have a craving that looks like it cause a real problem, I'm curious as to what everyone's go-to food is??

I know mine is a chocolate flavored protein shake. I'm not even a big chocolate person, but when I am craving something substantial, its the mix of the 30 grams of protein, the sweet taste of the shake, and the chocolate itself that seems to satisfy me on all levels.

It's 270 calories, but if I'll drink it, it pretty much takes care of my hunger no matter what, at least for a few hours. And it always keeps me from binging or eating something much worse.

What is everyone else's??

berryblondeboys 02-14-2011 01:14 PM

Mine is the same. Just discovered it. It's 150 calories, I double the amount of water that it says to mix it with to make it more palatable to me, but yes, 150 calories, chock full of nutrients and I think 26 grams of protein. Takes care of the sweet tooth every time and anything else I would eat would be way over that calorie limit, for sure!

aimeebell 02-14-2011 01:24 PM

Usually, I will find a way to work into my diet whatever it is that I am craving.

berryblondeboys 02-14-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeebell (Post 3711227)
Usually, I will find a way to work into my diet whatever it is that I am craving.

Most of the time I don't know what I'm craving - just something sweet! Once in awhile an orange will do the trick. Sometimes it spoon of Jif peanut butter, but that shake takes care of chocolate and sweet and I acutally like it!

MissSMcC 02-14-2011 01:31 PM

i love junk food so theres no way i can just completely avoid it, if im craving chocolate i have a weight watchers belgian chocolate slice (90cals), if its crisps i have the baked kind (between 89-99cals), if its sweets i have sugar free jelly (double portion is only 18 cals!!)

DixC Chix 02-14-2011 01:39 PM

I had my answer before I finished reading the title - dark chocolate covered raisins. And kettle chips. :devil:

But then I read the rest of it and A-HA!!! You want the healthy 'go to' food.

I have one South Beach high fiber Chocolate Mocha bar in stead of the DCC raisins and one serving of Special K cracker chips as a sub for the kettle chips.

They are good enough to satisfy. I can never have just one serving of the others. :o

I need the chew factor.

Eliana 02-14-2011 01:42 PM

Popcorn. :corn: Because nine times out of ten I'm not actually hungry, I'm feeling munchy. Nothing takes care of my munchies like a bowl of popcorn.

If I'm truly hungry, yogurt does the trick or any other protein. It's got to be protein for me.

berryblondeboys 02-14-2011 01:44 PM

Oh, for the salty chip fix, I found Trader Joe's Baked Lentil chips work for me. 22 chips is 130 calories, but I usually can't eat more than 10 because they are black pepper spicy. LOVE them. unfortunately, so does my husband and teenage boy, so keeping them in the house is difficult!

nelie 02-14-2011 01:46 PM

Fruit usually.

I like frozen strawberries because it takes a while to eat them. I also like apples and pears. I may also add some nuts or nut butter with them for a more complete snack.

CosmicGal 02-14-2011 01:57 PM

Most of the time for me it is something salty. So I like to grab a handful of goldfish. If it is sweet, I keep chocolate yogart in my house, well when the kids don't go after it and that takes care of that. I have been eyeing the skinny cow ice cream bars at work, I might have to pick those up to just try.

MariaMaria 02-14-2011 02:14 PM

Protein (yogurt or tuna) if I'm actually hungry. Baked potato (no butter) or oatmeal if it's mental.

Aubrey87 02-14-2011 02:16 PM

Oatmeal :)

Jasmine31 02-14-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliana (Post 3711263)
Popcorn. :corn: Because nine times out of ten I'm not actually hungry, I'm feeling munchy. Nothing takes care of my munchies like a bowl of popcorn.

If I'm truly hungry, yogurt does the trick or any other protein. It's got to be protein for me.

I am the same way i LOVE popcorn! I used to eat a whole bag(microwave). I am now counting the cals and eating only half a bag. lol

Leec37 02-14-2011 02:20 PM

When I encounter the "I'm hungry because I'm bored feeling" I reach for Mint Chocolate Chip gum by Extra. This is currently my favorite little rescue item to curb any cravings.

LLBoldAsLove87 02-14-2011 02:31 PM

When I really shouldn't eat something - Vanilla Chai Tea

When I need a snack - 2 TB Peanut Butter, Protein Shake, or a Vitatop!