Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #16  

Talking new chick on a changer for life!

Hello i am new to this web site i see so many who have reached their goal or ones who are well on their way Man i want to be there i have tried a lot of diff way to lose these twenty lbs i gained when i got married (been married about a year an 1/2 any suggestion/thoughts --currently i am trying to make a life change which means ill see results a lil slower eating more vegies and whole wheat and ect
supa sultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #17  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

My biggest problem is where I live. I can't control the food in the house, only what I bring in it. But my healthy little basket in the pantry/shelves in the freezer are like a pond compared to the ocean of junk that's in this house. It's hard. People used to make fun of what I ate too, but I think they realized how difficult they were making my weight loss with the constant comments on TOP of all the junk food in the house, and they stopped.

But really, you wouldn't have an alcoholic living in a liquor store while trying to get off the booze haha. That's what my life is like. One day I'm going to take pictures of the pantry's and the freezers and post them on here so people can see my horror every time I open one. It's sooo hard not to get rerailed, especially when I'm hungry.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:14 PM   #18  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodlesofnoodles View Post
My biggest problem is where I live. I can't control the food in the house, only what I bring in it. But my healthy little basket in the pantry/shelves in the freezer are like a pond compared to the ocean of junk that's in this house. It's hard. People used to make fun of what I ate too, but I think they realized how difficult they were making my weight loss with the constant comments on TOP of all the junk food in the house, and they stopped.

But really, you wouldn't have an alcoholic living in a liquor store while trying to get off the booze haha. That's what my life is like. One day I'm going to take pictures of the pantry's and the freezers and post them on here so people can see my horror every time I open one. It's sooo hard not to get rerailed, especially when I'm hungry.
I know how this feels!!!

My husband is in the Army and can eat junk food all day and just burn it off with all the physical training they do. We had sooo much junk food around, and he'd ask me to bring him a candy bar or throw some corn dogs in the oven for him or whatever else. Ugh, it killed me! On top of that, he'd often encourage me to just "eat normal" and have some goodies. If he wasn't doing that, he'd taunt me with them. I asked if he could at least keep it in a separate cupboard so I wouldn't have to look at it all day but that was suuuch an inconvenience for him. We finally had a come-to-Jesus argument and I laid it out for him that I have a legitimate eating disorder. I binge eat, and if I'm in a bingeing cycle, I restrict. He had no idea that there were days when I'd eat half of that junk food in the pantry and go to the store and buy more so he wouldn't know. What goes in my mouth IS my responsibility, yes, but support is invaluable. Like you said, it's like an alcoholic in a liquor store. He finally "got it." He should have been loving and supportive of my eating habits to begin with, but in all fairness, he truly didn't understand how difficult this is for me. We got rid of the junk in the apartment...if he wants it badly enough, he can go to the store and buy just enough or keep it in his truck.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote