Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #16  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I usually exercise halfway between breakfast and lunch. I don't feel weighed down by food then but I'm not overly hungry either. It's a good balance for me.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #17  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 207/**ticker**/129

Height: 5' 4.5"

It all depends on the day. Some days if I'm working out early in the a.m. then I will head right for the gym and make breakfast when I get home. If I'm working out late morning or early afternoon then I will most certainly have a full breakfast.

I've been doing this throughout my journey so I don't feel that eating or not eating breakfast before I work out is hurting me any. I just listen to how my body feels.
Hopeful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #18  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerab View Post
Yes but studies show one thing that almost all overweight people have in common is they don't eat breakfast.
Actually studies show a strong correlation between not eating breakfast and being overweight which is quite a bit different than what you said. There are TONS of overweight people that eat breakfast.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #19  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
There are TONS of overweight people that eat breakfast.
LOL, I am one of them!! I loves me some breakfast! I am a rabid bat until I eat something in the morning.

Last edited by Emme; 02-04-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #20  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I guess it is all very personal and figuring out what works best for you. I have problems with blood sugars and one of the big no-nos is going too long between meals.

Now, I don't like to eat a lot in the mornings, never have, but a protein shake (low carb) is what works for me. But then, I've learned how my metabolism works for me. I'm a morning person. I'm hungry the first half of the day, not so much the second half of the day, so the bulk of my calories come before 3 pm. typically, I don't need a snack after dinner. But in the morning, I drink a shake, get the kids to school, eat a big breakfast, two hours later eat a snack, 2 hours later (or less) dinner, and then nothing from 7 pm to 7 am. My husband, on the other hand, eats breakfast, but then nothing till lunch (and a small lunch), then a snack in teh afternoon, a big meal, and a snack after dinner and if he's up late, another snack. He's a night owl (and not overweight). So, we just tend to get hungry at different times.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #21  

thank you everyone! I read every post and I think what I'm going to do is try eating a yogurt in the morning. I usually get up at 6am. I get 3 y/o ready for preschool and my 8 month old fed, dressed and ready (for the child care at the gym.) I also have my coffee (and water!).
I drop my 3 y/o at preschool at 8am and don't get to the gym and start my workout until almost 8:30am...I guess I just can not go 2 1/2 hours in the morning without eating. So I'll start with some thing small and see if that helps.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

try having a banana before a work out

M
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #23  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I guess it is all very personal and figuring out what works best for you.
Absolutely! I love to eat. LOVE IT. Skipping breakfast means I can eat bigger meals and still keep my calories in check for the day.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM   #24  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I wake up at 7am-ish, drink coffee (with skim milk), exercise mid-morning...about 9:30-10:30am, and don't have my first meal until after noon, often not until 1.

I do not like eating in the morning. I know it's supposedly better for you and fuels you and all that, but I feel ick when I eat in the morning. I have no appetite, and if I do force myself to eat something, I feel heavy and sluggish. Not to mention I wish I still had the calories for when I'm hungry later in the day.

Sometimes I work out later in the day, in which case, eating before or after the workout is a question. I almost always choose to eat afterwards. If I eat before, I feel full and like I just want to sit and digest. If I work after, I look forward to my meal during my work out and feel like I need to "earn it," ergo, a more motivated work out. And then I get to come home, get refreshed, and sit down and relax with a yummy meal.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:26 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

My workouts usually take place within an hour or two after I wake up, and if I don't eat breakfast, I will be light-headed and dizzy and even have moments of my vision going black.. not good. I really do believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and especially when losing weight, because I wake up ravenous when restricting calories.

I do always wait about a half hour after eating to do some any sort of exercise, though, or else I feel nauseous during the activity.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I always workout after breakfast. Just seems to work well.
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #27  

We are all doing things a little differently and we are all getting results. There is no magic combination of events. Just find what works for you! For me, I workout first and then eat and sometimes that means only two meals a day, but that works for me right now. I have to admit, I do this because I feel like a slug if I eat, but I have also read about burning the fat stores instead of the food energy, so I figure it is a win, win for me.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #28  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I feel weak during morning workouts if I also had a small dinner, but if I had a medium or hearty evening meal I feel fine and ready to go on an empty stomach after waking up. Maybe try having a higher calorie dinner and an extra coffee in the morning?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #29  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

I work out first thing every morning at 6:30 and don't eat breakfast until like 9:am.I've been doing this for over a year.I'm not hungry when i first wake up so i don't eat.I also follows that quote by Jillian And I'm with you BacOs..the later i eat breakfast, the less i eat during the day But each individuals body work differently so..
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:39 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

It all depends on what works. Some of us can't start the day without breakfast while some can. Me, I need breakfast, especially on workout days. If I don't eat breakfast, I'd feel dizzy and cranky and can't focus or concentrate on anything.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote