Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #16  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Oh the wench in me is screaming "Well, if you'd gotten off your @$$ 20 years ago, your metabolism would've been better. Oh you tried it then and failed too? Hmm...then I guess you simply failed."

Then again, I'm snarky like that.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #17  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

I agree with what a lot of the other posters have said-jealousy!
I've also had a lot of people tell me that they wish they could lose weight like me and I've gotten the "it must be nice." One day I got really frustrated with my friend who was eating a big mac and fries and made a comment that she wishes she could easily get into shape and eat "rabbit food" like me.
1. Oatmeal (the plain old fashioned kind-so nommy!) with nuts and fruits mixed in is not rabbit food-Its quite a hearty lunch IMO.
2. If you really cared like you say you do and wanted to change, you wouldnt be eating how you're eating.
3. If you wanna "get in shape" like me then do it! Talking about it isnt getting you anywhere.
So I agree, this journey has been a long, hard one. The commitment and willpower this takes is not something a lot of people are willing to (or capable) or doing and that bothers some people. Many people have commended me for this but most kind of belittle my work with the "I wish I had it that easy" comments. It wasnt easy..for the past 10 months I've eaten nothing but a balanced healthy whole food diet and I've literally worked my butt off in the gym.
Be proud girl! Congrats on your progress!
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Peanutt don't give other people free rent in your head.

It matters not what others think or say only what you think.

Larry,
--------------
Those Who Judge
Don't Matter
& Those Who Matter
Don't Judge
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

I've gotten comments at work when I said I didn't want to do another round of biggest loser because I didn't have much left to lose. Another woman said that must be nice but I said well I busted my butt to get here! She eats horrible so I know it comes from jealousy. If they diminish the importance of your success than it makes them feel better that they haven't done so well.
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #20  
Effort = Success

S/C/G: 212/126/120

Height: 5'5"

Just think of it this way. They probably got old being fat. They say that because at your age they probably didn't have the willpower to get the weight off. So they are using that excuse as to why they still aren't able to control there weight even after all this time. I would feel crappy too if I got to my 50's and was still battling my weight.

Initiative is offline   Reply With Quote