Coffee?! your opinion?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, so Ive looked it up and seen pros and cons for coffee. I know some people dont like the taste, but its a personal favorite for me.

Ive read all about how it can help prevent a handful of diseases, and increase others. And i've heard it can help weight loss and cause weight gain.

So my question for everyone here is, in your own experience has it helped you?

I drink it plain with just a splash of milk, no sugar, no sweetener. I honestly dont even need the milk, but I am slightly lactose intolerant and need some calcium where I can get it.

So ladies, opinions? and thank you for any help in advance.
  • Coffee helps me in that it makes my life worth living. I have my 2 cups in the morning that I look forward to like a child on Christmas. A little 1/2 & 1/2, a little sugar and I am reborn.
  • I drink coffee everyday. I've cut down on the number of cups, and use less splenda than I used to, but I lost weight while drinking it every day!
  • Thats how i feel, when my alarm clock goes off its like my motivation to get out of bed. Not even because I feel like I need the caffeine. I just look forward to the smell, and of coarse the taste. lol
  • I love it. Have a big mug every morning (or whenever I wake up, since I'm a shift worker).
  • Heather, your 5C's of healthy living are amazing!
  • I drink one a day, rarely two. I think that's a moderate amount (?) I don't feel like it has had a negative effect on my weight loss. I also drink it with fat free milk no sugar or sweeteners.

I don't think it has helped me I just like the taste
  • I love coffee. Drink 4 cups of black coffee a day except on weekends and usually retain more water if I don't drink it. I always make it a point to stop drinking coffee at or before 2pm though and drink a ton of water the rest of the day. I think I do exercise better when I've drunkin coffee an hour before exercise but worse if I drink it 30 minutes or less before exercise since it makes me dehydrated. Coffee helps you burn more calories for sure and many body builders and athletes swear by it though you probably already know that since you did the research. I say if you like it to definitely keep it around!
  • Thanks ladies I felt the same way.. but I guess i felt like I needed some reassurance from everyone else with the same goal in mind

BTW niafabo, I see you are extreamly close to getting out of the 200's good luck! and most of all, congratulations!
  • Glad to help and thank you that just made my day.
  • I admit, I'm a coffee lover. I drink a lot of coffee every single day. At least a full pot by myself... I drink just plain old Folgers dark roast, and I drink it black with no additives. It is the nectar of the Gods...lol I can drink it morning, noon and night without ill effects. I have lost a lot of weight drinking it, but to be fair, I drank it when I was on my way up to 300 pounds as well. I rarely drink plain water, but mix it with a coffee bean and I can get my daily supply in x2.
  • This one thing I gave up. Caffeine makes me hungry. So, I dropped all caffeine from the diet - no diet coke (I still have a caffeine free diet coke because I like how it tastes... probably the only chemically thing I ingest daily) - no coffee and no tea with caffeine and I feel better without it. But, if you like it and it does't do that to you, then drink it, by all means.
  • You can have my coffee when you pry it out of my cold dead hands. I normally drink an entire pot by myself. But I will admit sense I added three glasses of water a day to my list. I have been drinking less coffee. But I still can't make it through with out it. I love it black, with nothing in it.
  • I drink a couple cups a day (used to do 4 or 5) with a couple ounces of plain soy milk or non fat milk. I used to drink a lot of mocha breves which were a HUGE contributer to my weight gain. Now a cup of coffee is just enough to hold me over till my next meal and it makes my belly happy.

However, for the last few years, I've done water-only August, a month of drinking just water. No milk, coffee, alcohol, juice, energy drinks or soda allowed. It's been a great way to wean myself off of coffee...and other unnecessary drinks.
  • Thanks ladies I guess ill keep it for now, as long as i am seeing a lower number on my scale and im using smaller holes on my belt each week there isnt a reason to worry.

Thanks!!