Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/156/125

Height: 5'2

Default fat/muscle/water percentage

I have these great Salter scales that tell me my weight, and also percentage of water, muscle and fat.

I unfortunately gained 1lb this week but I went and hit the gym for two hours, with a light lunch of tofu salad afterwards.

interestingly, since I got up this morning, I have lost 2% of water weight and gained 1% in muscle mass (now at 32% muscle!) but weight stayed the same!
Marchmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I would not trust those scales at all...
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #3  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Women typically only gain about 1 pound of muscle per month. It's not for a lack of trying, we simply lack the hormones necessary for muscle growth unless we are getting them from an external source. As stated, these scales are usually not accurate and you'll see that as you continue to use them. They are fun to look at occasionally though.
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I have to say those scales are pretty worthless. Mine tells my that my BF is anywhere from 27-32%! The last time I had it professionally checked about 4 weeks ago it was actually 21.5%, so way off. I really wouldn't pay attention to anything on those scales other than the lbs.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have a scale like that too and they are pretty worthless for daily checking. They can give you a trend, but not more than that. Mine fluctuates daily A LOT.

Also, they only can measure the fat in the lower half of the body, so for women especially, they tend to measure more fat% than she really is.

Just keep chugging along and start taking body measurements and you'll see progress.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote