3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   My Current Frustration (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/224023-my-current-frustration.html)

niafabo 01-28-2011 06:35 PM

My Current Frustration

1 Attachment(s)
I have lost a lot of weight but I'm really honestly having trouble seeing a difference. Will I ever start to see results? How much more weight do I have to loose before there is a noticeable difference? I'm trying to stay optimistic but it's times like these I feel like all my efforts have been for nothing. :(

PinkHoodie 01-28-2011 07:02 PM

Your face looks a lot thinner to me!! But I really think from now on every 5-10 pounds you lose, it will look alot different. I got down to 196 around thanksgiving, sadly I am back up, but the difference between even there and here was pretty significant. Just keep going! You are doing SO great, I am sure you FEEL different, so focus on that! :) You will get there. :)

stacygee 01-28-2011 07:04 PM

WOW! You look great! Have you bought new clothes! Before I got rid of my "big" clothes I couldn't tell as much as when I bought some clothes that fit properly... of course naked I feel like I haven't lost a pound.

carter 01-28-2011 07:12 PM

I am a hair shorter than you and I started heavier - but, my first 50 pounds didn't show all that much. Actually I am a little surprised by your 6 pants sizes - my first 50 were only good for 1 pants size plus a little extra - there is not a ton of granularity in those fat-lady sizes I have to wear.

It's unfortunate but true that the bigger you are, the less it shows when you lose a fixed amount of pounds shows. Weight goes with volume, and volume goes with diameter cubed. A big change in volume -> a small change in diameter.

So - go for some cues other than how you look in pictures (who looks good in pictures anyhow?). Since you have lost 6 pants sizes, why not step into those old pants 6 sizes ago, and then you'll get a very tangible measure of how much you've changed. Or go hoist a couple of 25-pound sacks of cat litter and think about hauling all of that weight around all day.

I'm very sorry that the pictures are disappointing you but believe me, it's not all for nothing - try some of those other ideas and find some other way to experience the loss other than how you look in pictures.

PS: I don't think you look exactly the same - but I don't think I'm going to convince you of that. ;) Most people can't see anything positive in pictures of themselves.

Tea Granny 01-28-2011 07:14 PM

It shows!!!! It really does!!! Well done!!!:)

lauralyn 01-28-2011 07:20 PM

I can see the change in your face, neck and shoulder areas and also in you arms and belly. Keep up the great job, you will really start to see it yourself too soon.

ncuneo 01-28-2011 07:25 PM

My first 50 I didn't see much difference either. The next 20 made a bit of a difference, but the HUGE difference for me was from 200 to 140, and I mean HUGE. So hang in there, it just takes time for the brain and sometimes the body to catch up.

Katydid77 01-28-2011 08:03 PM

My dad would say "Thou art on the precipice"

He say's it every time I am doing something for an extended period and don't seem to be seeing/getting the results I want.

I don't know how, but those words tend to work like magic and soon after I start seeing what results I've been hoping for.

You know it's the truth. The laws of nature are not true for everyone but you, they hold true for all of us.

There is a point that our eyes can start seeing the results that our bodies feel all along

Thou art on the precipice . . . .:D

MzHopeful 01-28-2011 08:14 PM

I can tell a difference from your pictures! I think it takes time for our eyes to adjust to the weight loss. You may not start to see it for a while. But the rest of us can see it now. 50lbs is amazing! You should be proud. Keep up the great work. :)

Smiling_Sara 01-28-2011 08:22 PM

Zero chance going down 6 sizes and seeing no change.

You look great BTW. Keep up the fantastic work.

niafabo 01-28-2011 08:27 PM

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I guess I just needed some reassurance. Hopefully the final 30 makes a huge difference like a lot of you are saying.

P.S. (by six sizes I mean I went from a 22/20 to a solid 14 there is a size number difference in there XD)

sept15lija 01-28-2011 08:29 PM

I see a really big difference!! It can be hard to see it in ourselves. But there's no question, I see a change between the pics.

j0lamo01 01-28-2011 11:03 PM

You look amazing girl! 50 lbs thats so great!!! I can see a difference!

sperrin1 01-28-2011 11:10 PM

You really do look great! You should be very proud of yourself!

LightRaven 01-28-2011 11:17 PM

You know what might be helpful? You could create a time line in photo's of your weight loss.

It's obviously too late now for the first 50, but that doesn't mean you can't do it for the last.

You should take a picture of yourself, once a week- in the same place, wearing the same clothes and in the same position.

Seeing it in pictures I sure will be more rewarding.

I've been thinking about doing it too. :) But then I'd actually have to take a picture of myself! :lol:

LR