Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #136  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning and TGIF!

Weigh In: 163

No change

I find it interesting that I didn't really gain much water weight when we ate the Japanese food the other night. (maybe it hasn't happened, yet ) I have a theory though. Wanna hear it? I have found out that a lot of Oriental/Chinese/Japanese foods contain fish stock, fish flakes, oyster sauce, etc. I found out that the soup we get at the Japanese restaurant contains some type of seafood stock. This time I ordered the salad instead of the soup. I swear every time I would go to restaurant like that I would gain 2-3 pounds of water weight. It would also stay on me longer than I thought it should. As most of you know by now, I have some type of seafood/shellfish allergy. If I consume seafood/shellfish I will swell up, gain 3 pounds, and it takes a week to get rid of it. Still haven't been tested to find out the exact allergy. In the mean time, I am avoiding as much of that stuff as I can. Hopefully I will have testing done by the Spring. Anyways, I used to eat Beef and Broccoli all the time at a local Chinese restaurant. Come to find out, they put oyster sauce in the Beef and Broccoli. Of course the food does not taste like seafood. The oyster sauce imparts a richness to the dish. Anyways, I find it interesting that I did not have a major water weight gain from the food the other night.

A good thing about tracking your weight daily, is that you can see if there is a correlation between certain foods you eat and your weight. Interesting stuff.

Lady Great job on the 1/2 pound! The hair appointment went well. It was just a maintenance cut/color. No radical changes for me.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:10 AM   #137  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Up .6 today. I'm ok with that after all the whooshes this week. I was on plan yesterday and will be again today!

I'm taking my boy rollerskating today after work for 2 hours. That should be a nice little workout. I realized that I haven't run all week this week. I guess I wanted to take a break. It seemed like life got in the way of me getting to the gym. I still got in some exercise so I feel ok about that. I definitely want to make time to run next week.

I think my office building ran out of oil (for the THIRD time this winter) because it's only 60 degrees in here and that is COOOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD!!!!! I am sitting here at my desk with my scarf and gloves still on! I hope things warm up soon! LOL

BBL
Old 01-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #138  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

I woke up to .6 GONE! I had been stuck at 224.0 for like two or three days. I may make my 2 lbs this week afterall! I've been hungry like crazy this week though. I dread my calories dropping AGAIN. It's done a number on me this time.

Just so you guys know....livestrong.com has changed my life! You guys are responsible for that! I learned about it here. I will NEVER go back to working the weight watcher plan, I don't think (well, maybe maintenance....IF I ever get there! ) Counting calories (instead of points) is sooooo much easier....especially when you already have a basic understanding of what you should be eating. I love it! You guys don't realize the impact you're having on others....Changing lives, I tell ya! You guys are awesome!

Diana3271, I tried to find this restaurant that we're going to Saturday on line. It was not there (I thought it was a pretty big chain? Nicky's Mexican Restaurant) so we went yesterday after work and got a menu. I think I will be able to just do the grilled chicken and a salad. I know I'll get strange looks.....but I don't care and THAT'S a GREAT place to be!

Gotta go get ready for work (AFTER I change ticker! I have my priorities right huh?!?! ) Have a wonderful day ladies!!!

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 01-28-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #139  
Diana

DANG!!!!!! I changed my weight at livestrong.com and it took me from 1203 calories/day down to 1190 calories/day!!! Before long, all I'll be able to have is water. I know 13 calories/day doesn't sound like much, but when you can already have so few....13 calories means something! I can do this, right?!?!?!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #140  

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ladies!! TGIF!

So my scale is back down to 191...I dont know. It's showing losses so I'm happy again. I did order the scale from amazon that Lindsay reccommended. So THANKS!!

Ready to head to Boston this weekend if the snow cooporates...which I'm starting to think that it's not going to.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I have a lot of work to catch up on today since yesterday was snow day.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Novel: Boston looks treacherous. Good Luck

Thank you for the second round of congratulations on being under 200. I did announce it here about a week ago... but, the congrats the better!

I was up a pound today... I was going to skip my workout but decided to fit it in b/c of that pound. My trainer told me to rest today... but I just can't do it. I am supposed to go out and want to drink a couple of beers tonight and eat a hamburger (for my cheat meal) so I feel like I must go burn calories first...

but not before a mani-pedi with my girlfriends... TATA everyone!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #142  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Yay Novelista!!!! Tell Boston I said Hi!

Stacy: Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned! Enjoy!

Last edited by Vixsin; 01-28-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana - That is an interesting theory. I didn't know about that at all! Do you think it's any different for those habachi Japanese places (that cook on the large grill in front of you)? We're going out to eat at one tonight!

Gaining - Congrats on the 0.6!!! You CAN do this! I'm wondering if 1190 is too low. Personally, at 1200 it was hard, I was often tempted to overeat because I was hungrier. IMHO, I think you could get away with 1400-1500 and do just fine!

Vixsin - Ooooh, rollerskating!! Have fun!

Novel - I'm glad you got that scale, I really love mine!

Stacy - Haha, I feel that way too. Tonight we're going out to eat, so I feel the need to exercise so I won't feel as bad eating that deliciousness that I know is probably putting me over my calories for the day.

Weight: 148.8# (down 0.4!) A new low I believe (at least since '07).

Today is DH and my "anniversary"...7 years! We still celebrate when we first started dating...it's cute. It was a snow day and he called me to see if I wanted to go sledding...turns out it was extra cold that say so we opted for bowling. We were on the way to my grandparents house so he could meet them and the question was popped. (To be his girlfriend.. ) We were 17 so it makes it cute! Anyways, we're going out to a Japanese habachi restaurant to celebrate. I'm WALKING to the grocery store (2 mile round trip) to get a card and one of those colossal cupcakes (it's an ovesized cupcake basically)...I figured we could share it today. I was thinking of making a cake, then I thought having a whole cake in the house might not be a great idea. Anyways, off to get ready and go to the grocery store!

Here's my plan for today...

B - FO cereal w/milk 210, banana 100 (310)
L - 6" cheese quesadilla w/RF sour cream 290
D - (allowance of 800 - more than likely will be chicken, fried rice & veggies)
S - cupcake 300
2 mile walk (40 minutes), 20 minutes Pilates
(expect to burn ~300 calories)

Definitely OVER on calories today, but it's a special occasion, and I'm expecting to burn about 300 calories (= that cupcake!), so it doesn't seem too bad.

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-28-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #144  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Chicks! TGIF!!!

So my back is feeling a lot better today, thankfully. Thank you all for the well wishes, you girls are the best

Super busy day today so just a quick drop in, here is my plan for the day Fri 1/28/2011

B - Homemade banna smoothie made with almond milk + 2 slices multigrain toast w/ peanut butter

L - Veggie sandwich on multigrain bread + handful of fries

S - 1 small apple + 1.5oz dry-roasted almonds

D - Not sure yet, going out somewhere

Drinking: Morning coffee w/ soy milk + At least 2L water + At leats 2 cups green tea

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #145  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies! My daughter is feeling better but I just can't shake this migraine.

B: 2 pieces of whole wheat Nature's Own bread, 100 calories. 1 T grape jelly, 70. I tried to eat an egg, but it turned my stomach.

L: 1/3 cup shredded chicken breast and mustard on Earthgrains (100cal from the bread)

I've been chugging water like a fish today with the hope it'll alleviate some of the headache. Motrin and Tylenol haven't even put a dent in it.
I haven't put anything into fitday yet, so I don't know how many calories I've had so far. I know it isn't much, but I just can't even stand the look of food right now. I had to pretty much scarf down the chicken sandwich before tasting it because the smell of ANYTHING is pretty much gagging me to death. I had to eat it though or the headache will just get worse. I brushed my teeth right after because just the taste in my mouth was awful.
My son is off of school today -AGAIN- because of a teacher work day. I swear they have them twice a month, not to mention holidays, snow days and stuff. So both kids are here and butting heads. I just wanna go lay in bed and close my eyes!!
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #146  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post

Weight: 148.8# (down 0.4!) A new low I believe (at least since '07).

Today is DH and my "anniversary"...7 years! We still celebrate when we first started dating...it's cute. It was a snow day and he called me to see if I wanted to go sledding...turns out it was extra cold that say so we opted for bowling. We were on the way to my grandparents house so he could meet them and the question was popped. (To be his girlfriend.. ) We were 17 so it makes it cute! Anyways, we're going out to a Japanese habachi restaurant to celebrate. I'm WALKING to the grocery store (2 mile round trip) to get a card and one of those colossal cupcakes (it's an ovesized cupcake basically)...I figured we could share it today. I was thinking of making a cake, then I thought having a whole cake in the house might not be a great idea. Anyways, off to get ready and go to the grocery store!
awww

That is soooo cute and sweet. Have a great anniversary Linds!
Old 01-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #147  
Diana

Lindsey, I agree.....I've been thinkin' about it all morning (with a grumbly tummy) and I'm thinkin' 1190 is toooooo low! I'm gonna try sticking around 1200-1250 and see where that takes me. I was losing fine at that calorie range. I know I'll need to make adjustments at some point, but not now. I think it's too much. I wanna take it off slowly....1.5-2 lb per week. Surely 1200 calories will do that for me. I'm so hungry right now (JUST finished lunch) I could eat (pardon my husband's expression) the back end off a rhinosaurus!! (Okay, so that mental picture disturbed me more when I said it than when my husband says it! ) Think I'll go pop me some popcorn!
Old 01-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #148  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Hi girlies!

Fell off whatever wagon I was meant to be on today ><

Breakfast: Yoghurt and maple syrup.
Lunch: Fried egg, two sausages and bacon.
Dinner: Gluten free pizza and beer.

OM NOM NOM. I blame the fact that the temperature has suddenly dropped back into minus figures after a week of positives!

*sigh* Oh well, one day of not-so-good food won't kill me
Old 01-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I'm doing well here! Apx 900 calories yesterday, but no real activity. That needs to improve soon, well after my cold is gone.

Hugs Debbie
Old 01-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Wystera Tomorrow is another day! Now pass the bacon!

Gaining Your hubby and my hubby would get along great!

Lindsey Congratssss!!!!

Keep posting as i believe we are all helping each other !
Closed Thread