Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #1  

Default What bothers you the most?

Hey everyone

I'm new to the forum here and I just wanted to ask

Whats your biggest frustrations about weight loss?
Also, whats your biggest fear about weight loss?

I can tell you mine is sticking to anything because life gets in the way a lot :/
My fears include, not having time to do the things I like and the chance of falling into the same diet/exercise traps that never work...

What about you guys?
katya1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:59 PM   #2  
Reforming Cheese Addict

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2''

The most frustrating thing, for me, is that I'm impatient and want this extra mass gone N.O.W not tomorrow.

I am terrified of having nothing to hide behind as a thinner person. I lost 80lbs. years ago and was SO uncomfortable with comments and attention that I pretty much gained it back as fast as I could...on purpose. I am much more comfortable with myself now and am determined that won't happen again, but I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about it. :S
SheriWantsToRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

The most frustrating part is the planning, the prepping and the cooking. I found my life SO much easier when I could just pick dinner up, or throw together something based solely on carbs and fat.

And my biggest fear is sustainability. I know I CAN do it, I just worry about actually doing it.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Frustration:So slooooooooooow of a process. and ditto on the planning.

Fear: What happens if I lose all the weight I want and am still not the person I want to be...
DisgruntledOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

My biggest frustration: Like everyone else has been saying, the fact that it is soooo slow a process.

Biggest fear: I'm worried I don't have the willpower to stick it out. And I'm worried that even if I do, I still won't be satisfied with my body once I lose the weight.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

I have so much discipline and focus and drive when I am dealing with 1 or 2 things. I'm nervous because I know eventually a 3rd thing will show up and you know...when you juggle you cant keep your eye on them all at once .
The Last Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

I am mostly frustrated by my body shape. My waist is HUGE. If someone took a picture of my stomach, you'd think I was 250+. I have the arms and legs of a person under 200. I don't like where the weight came off from first.

But...I am optimistic that these last 45 lbs are going to melt off my midsection.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:48 AM   #8  
on a mission

S/C/G: 83kg/68kg/65kg

Height: 5'3"

That it takes time time time and a lot of effort. I am also on medication for bipolar disorder which makes losing weight ten times harder.

I fear that when I'm finally at that ideal weight, I'm still not happy and I'm still sick. I worry that things won't fall into place.
Esha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:57 AM   #9  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

Frustration: Going round and round in circles

Fear: That I'll be going round in circles forever
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Lack of self-control, self-sabotaging behaviors, crappy willpower. I could lose these last ten pounds in two months, but instead I regain and lose and regain the same few every week. I'm so close to goal and it seems like I'm doing everything in my power to backslide. It's been really bad the past week and it sort of scares me.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Frustration: That I let myself go to the point of gaining all that weight in the first place. Loosing weight is a slow process and I try to not let it affect me, I tell myself that it took a while for those pounds to add up and it will take as long to loose them.

Fear: once I reach the weight that I forget how hard it was to get there and start to indulge telling myself that it wont matter, I have to continue for the rest of my life to say no to certain food.
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 420/420/210

Same with the time. I want to walk in the gym weighing 264 and come out weighing 170 lbs lol. Also I hate how our weight changes throughout the week. I check my weight every day but only record it on Wednesday. The other day unofficially I took my weight and I was 262! But today I am 265, one lb more than last week's official weigh in.

I fear that I will lose the weight and be happy, but something inh my life makes me turn back to food again. That's how I dealt with stress for so long was turning to food.
stasiagurl91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #13  
Smile :)

S/C/G: 180/Ticker/Ticker

Height: 5'8"

My biggest frustrations are that its such a waiting game. You eat healthy and workout day in and day out but results only show slowly.
Also that even though I hit my goal weight, im still not entirely happy. I'd like to lose more fat and get more toned. I get so frustrated thinking that even though my body is not where I want it to be visually, that I shouldnt go much lower or i'll be underweight.
My biggest fear is gaining it all back. I have dreams that a wake up and my losing weight was all a dream. I'm afraid of the comments I'll get if I gain all the weight back. Everyone says "you look so great now!" Well I guess if I gain weight back then I wont look so great anymore :-/
KellyMarie90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #14  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

I wish you'd asked me a year ago. I have no idea what I would have said.

Today I can honestly say there isn't anything about weight loss that frustrates me, except perhaps plateaus. Even those I take in stride now.

My biggest fear though? I know it used to be never making goal. Now it's regain. But it isn't a big fear. I know only 5% are able to maintain weight loss, but just knowing that gives me confidence that I can be among the 5%.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

1) That it's not automatic, mindless, and easy

2) That the weight doesn't suddenly drop off easily

3) That it requires effort and complete change of lifestyle... otherwise it really doesn't work....

I've had to come to terms with this and it's been hard and it's taken a long time. I'm much more accepting that it does require work and that it's something I'm going to work on for the rest of my life...

But I sometimes wish it wasn't.... I know I am healthier and happier for doing this, of course. I just wish it was easier and faster.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote