Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Default Changing food preferences

My husband is along for the ride when it comes to changing our lifestyle/eating habits. He was really missing all the refined carbs- the fries, pastries, pizza, etc. I told him give it a bit and he might try them and realize they don't even taste as good as they use to be. His reponse was "I will never lose the taste for those foods."

So, it's only been two weeks but he tried one of our son's tater tots and lo and behold he spit it out. He said it tasted nasty and was too salty.

I laughed for a good five minutes and held back the "told ya so!" that was on the tip of my tongue.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Hm I still love tator tots lol. But maybe not as much as before.

I do find overall that things I used to like I'm not liking like before. For instance I actually used to LIKE the McRib- and not this past time they had it- but the time before I went and got one as a treat and it was DISGUSTING to me. I couldn't eat it lol. I call that a victory.

I find that my palette really craves fresh tasting food now- even when I eat out I'd rather get things like sushi or souplantation cuz the food is fresh.

Last edited by beerab; 01-18-2011 at 01:48 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #3  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

How funny! I love how my tastes have changed. I used to crave Lucky Charms cereal, and now I crave Kashi Go Lean Berry Crunch cereal. Same with fruits and veggies -- I actually look forward to eating them. Good for you for getting your husband to join you in healthy eating!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

Yeah after being on plan for awhile it does change your preferences in suprising ways. I still crave pizza but deep dish pizza is nasty to me now and pizza doesn't taste as good as it use to not that I get to eat it very often. I don't like iceburg lettuce at all now and I find myself drawn to spinach. I think french fries and tater tots are gross and most processed food just seems unappealing. I don't go out to eat anymore because home made food always tastes better and the idea of putting dressing on a salad kind of grosses me out. I guess I'm happy with the changes but I do miss enjoying food like I use to but hey that's what got us here in the first place so I guess that it's a good thing. XD
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #5  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I have had serious taste changes too. Sadly, I still love McRibs, I'm so jealous Beerab, I hope one day they are nasty to me too - they are part of how I put 20 back on at the end of 2010.

I used to get food cravings for a hershey, some chicken nuggets, a shake, all the usual. I now find myself having actual cravings, serious hard core cravings, for veggies. I was so shocked the first time it happened. I was leaving the gym and I felt a craving coming on, but didn't know what the food was just yet. My thought was "Oh no!" I was going to fight it, but it was going to be hard. Next thing I know, it's red cabbage! WTF? So, I went and got some, came home, chopped it, sauteed it with some olive oil and just a touch of lime juice and it was the best thing I had eaten in forever.

I used to tell my husband that I loved him more than chocolate - it was my message to him on our wedding video, how sad is that! It really meant something for me to tell him that too because I REALLY loved my chocolate. I now tell him that I love him more than brussels sprouts, more than asparagus, etc. You know what? It means even more, because I love my brussels more than I ever loved any chocolate.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

There are a lot of healthy foods that I have learned to love, and I truly, truly enjoy the healthy foods I eat each day, but that hasn't made me enjoy unhealthy foods any LESS. I had a McDonald's cheeseburger six weeks ago--the first one I'd had in well over a year--and it tasted exactly how I remembered and it tasted delicious.

Don't get me wrong: I like being a normal weight even better than I ever liked junk food, but if someone waved a magic wand and said I could eat whatever I wanted and stay healthy, there'd be a lot more grease and sugar in my life.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote