Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 07:08 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#158

If you want to be encouraged and supported during you weight loss journey then this is the place to be. We pray for each other during hard times and praise for each other when times are going well.

YOU are Welcome to join us!
Old 11-21-2002, 08:10 AM   #2  

Angry Thursday morning

Good Morning to EVERYONE!!!!!!

I don't have much time to write this morning but just had to come say HELLO I didn't do so good yesterday. I stayed OP all day. I went to bed and woke up a few hours later and got up and wondered to the kitchen. And the next thing I knew I had a brownie in my mouth before I even thought about what I was doing. I can't believe I did that. Did I spit it out. NO! I swallowed it. I should have washed my mouth out with I bet I would remember next time. Don't you think?

HEY SAMI!!!!!! Good to see you again.

Will check back in later. I have to get ready to go to school.
EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 07:27 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Happy Thursday

HI LADIES- How is everyone today? It is very hot here in southern California-- in my area it is in the high 80's, and I am on the coast! Just got home from picking my nephew up at school-- today is his chore day. When he gave me all that trouble in his cross-country sport and I had to pull him out for the good of the rest of the kids I made Thursday afternoon his "TRAINING" he is out sweeping up the leaves from the pomogranate tree-- millions of 'um. When he is done with that I will give him the rest of the afternoon off to play. I messed up last night and teased him into a cry-- the little goofball colored in his fingers with pencil and I told him he could die if he got lead poisoning-- I kept teasing him telling him he should call his Grandama, sister, etc. just in case-- anyhow I blew it and went toooo far-- I apologized and explained to him that if it really was happening (and I know pencils are graphite now) I sure would have his little butt in the hospital-- he agreed he over reacted too-- still learning to parent even at my age!!!
SUE Don't you just hate losing those posts!!! Me too-- Wilma tried to help me once on that but I don't understand this computer that much. Thanks for the ideas on church social events-we used to have a pizza/bowling night twice a year 10-15 years ago-- we would get 50 people or more-- now sometimes NOBODY signs up. The Sunday night dinners sounds like a good idea-- I will present that to my board. The poem was awesome-- thanks for the effort to help spread the GOOD--GREAT News!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 07:44 PM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down CONTINUE

SHERRY It is easy drinking the water here right now-- as I said it is in the hi 80's to low 90's. I am ready for a 5K-- my wife and I do them from time to time-- we love to spend the morning doing that if we can. You don't know but some of the others do know that we did a marathon-26.2 miles a few years ago-- we have been walking/jogging for 5+ years together--- We started when I quit smoking!!!! My wife has always tried to stay in shape-- not me until then-- now I have my good/bad days as fasr as exercise goes-- her bad days are when she only walks a few miles and doesn't lift weights--providing she is hurting in her back or knees.
WILMA -I hope your interview at the bank was a success! If it wasn't then the good Lord has BETTER plans for you. Have fun house hunting this week-- maybe they will drop even more for you and hubby.
ZOE I am sooo glad you enjoyed your program-- It is so sad that people just don't get the message of salvation but they are all for love, world peace, etc. Through Jesus all this is possible-- if they only understood-- but then we never have and never will as a human race-- how sad.
TARA
CONGRATULATIONS GIRL on the healthy eating effort-- small steps will add up in time. Keep pushing away those nasty negative thoughts!!!! along with those sugary items-- the new HABITS/HEALTHY HABITS will become your everyday life soon!!! If you stick with it for just a few short weeks you will crave healthy foods over the junk-- I PROMISE-- if not I will OWE you big time!!
Well I have fajitas in the crockpot ready to be eatin'
TAKE TIME FOR PRAYER-Gary loves you and so does our LORD!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 08:13 AM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

We don't wanna lose our newest member. so here is what Tara posted on #157

Quote:
Originally posted by TaraMae
Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well and feeling the love of the Lord! I have had a great week and have been eating healthy and feeling much more energetic and alert. I have gotten more accomplished this week than I have in a long time. I continue to struggle with negative thinking and insecurities and I am finding that I need to focus on the blessing the Lord has given me rather then focus on everything that isn't right. But those thoughts try to interject at times and I have to push them away but it's difficult. I have refrained from regular soda and sugary items this week and am very proud of myself. I know this is a necessary change for myself and my family. Well, gotta run....hope you all have a wonderful day. God bless you.
Tara
Old 11-22-2002, 08:24 AM   #6  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Friday morning everyone ~

I for one, am SO happy that it's Friday. This was a long week and yesterday, well, it was the longest day I've had in quite awhile. I mean, I promise you, it was 2:45pm for 3 hours!!!!

The Rockettes show was wonderful. I don't seem to understand that newspaper article but then, he has to be an athiest. Oh well, we can only pray for him.

Gary ~ we never stop learning how to parent. We teach our children so much throughout their lives but you know, it seems at some point, they start teaching us some things too.

Sherry ~ hang in there girl. Throw those brownies away!

Wilma ~ let us hear from you and that interview. Prayers for it came your way. But Gary is right, if this doesn't come to be, then God has something better in mind. How can you get the BEST if you're somewhere else?

Hi there Sue, Tara and Sami ~ hope y'all are having a good week too.

Gotta run....the office calls....have a blessed Friday.

In Christ's Love,
Old 11-22-2002, 05:52 PM   #7  

Angry Hi kids-

Sorry I wasn't more help E.Z.with the church social thing. I'm baptist, and we are notorious for liking food. So, that provides most of the social setting around church. We also did a summer camp with the kids and some of the families to abible camp and that was fun. We took the kids out to the western part of the state on a small mission's trip where they did a program in some other churches and that was fun. I'm sure your doing fine parenting again, your nephew has already made some positive changes and at least he knows you care.
Mrs. Hummer don't beat yourself up over the brownie, just get back on track. You'll get there.
Wilmsa pray your interview goes great, but I agree with the others. if this is the job, He wants ya to have you'll get it. If not He will give you an opportunity to do something else. Relax and enjoy! Tara your doing good keep it up! Zoe here ids another poem for ya hope ya like it! It is called When I say I am a Christian. Before I start it though I should go toanother post see ya in a minute!!
Old 11-22-2002, 06:02 PM   #8  

Talking I'm Back!

When I say I am a Christian

When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not shouting "I am saved"
I am whispering "Iam lost" that is why I chose this way.
When I say..."I am a Christian", I don't speak of this with pride.
I am confessing I stumble and am in need of a guide.
When I say... "I am a Christian", I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing I am weak and pray for strength to go on.
When I say that "I am a Christian", I'm not bragging of sucess.
I'm admitting I have failed and can never pay the debt
When I say" I am a Christian",I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are too visible but God believes I'm worth it.
When I say "I am a Christian", I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches which is why I seek his name.
When I say "I am a Christian", I do not wish to judge.
I have no authority I only know I'm loved.

I liked this and thought you sall might enjoy it too! Have a great day! See ya! Love me
Old 11-22-2002, 08:02 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry TGIF

HI EVERYONE - SUE, so baptists like food too huh, I am a Lutheran and back in the old days I guess you couldn't do anything without taking a "hot dish" Of course I am "CALIFORNIAN" Lutheran so things are a little different than the mid-west. Another joke was "what do you always find when you have 4 Lutherans?" answer-- A 5th. I guess they could really put away the booze. I will say at our church 10-20 years ago that was true, however, this year at our Oktoberfest we sold 8 beers total!! Years ago we would put away 2 kegs easy-- I was a big help
Well gotta jam--I have a friend coming by to discuss his marraige problems with me, he needs some guidance-- he is not a "practicing"-- Christian, his wife is against religion. Needing prayer here ladies.
IN HIS LOVING CARE-Gary
Old 11-25-2002, 08:02 AM   #10  

Red face [b]It's Monday!!!![/b]

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

How is everyone this brrrrrr cold morning? Well it was 73 degrees here yesterday and they say it won't make it to 45 today and the winds are gusting. IIIIIIIIIIII'mmmmmmmm in shock!!!!! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I did but didn't get anything constructive done. It's called laziness. But it's so hard on me working 25-35 hours a week and going to college 10 hours a week. Plus studying (I'm taking Anatomy & physiology) and being wife, mom, housekeeper, etc....whew!!!!!
I also saw 9 patients this weekend. So, I guess I wasn't totally lazy maybe just tired.

GARY~ Yes, yes, yes Baptists do like to eat!!!! How do you think I got this big? Congratulations for quiting smoking!!!!! And now all this walking!!! You are Awesome!!!! Prayers are with your friend, too. I hope someday I can do a 5K walk. Somedays now I'm lucky to make it 5 blocks!!!

SUE~ I'm a Baptist too, and yes we do like food. And boy, are there some good cooks at our church. YUM! Thanks for I am a Christian.

ZOE~ Girlfriend, are you cold yet? BBRRRR I am. I'm glad you enjoyed the Rockettes. A night out would be just what the Dr ordered.

SAMI~ Good to "see" you here, even if it was ever so briefly. Take care of yourself and know that we miss you!!!

TARA~ Where are you my new friend? We miss you!

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!!! Gotta go, wish me luck drinking that water today. BRRRR!
Old 11-25-2002, 11:55 AM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Default I'm Back!

i made it home safely last night and was too tired to post. It was a wonderful weekend and a successful one too.

We bought a house!!!!!! It's newer than we thought we could afford and in a nice area. I call it our miracle house because there was so much activity on it that it's a miracle we got it. Praise God! It's because of him we got it.

My job interview went well and I think I might get the job. I'll know on Friday. Please keep praying about that. You are all right that if I don't get this one there'll be a better one waiting for me.

Thank you all for your prayers for me. I told DH on the weekend that I have people praying for me from all over the US and Canada and it's so cool that we can do this for each other.

My weight stayed the same this week which is another miracle because DH/s aunt doesn't believe in veggies or salads without something fattening on them.

Well, gotta go. I'll talk to each of you personally later.

Lots of love to all of you!
Old 11-25-2002, 11:11 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Monday Night

Hi Everyone-- Had a pretty good week-end. Saturday morning went to see the high school team my son coaches in their race for the county championships in cross country. They lost by 1 point but it still qualified them for the state race the day after Thanksgiving. Then we went to see my daughter's tennis match-- she won 1 and lost 1 match so that was pretty good. Sunday after church we saw my step-D lose a 1-0 soccer match in her final for the season (regular league) then saw my son win his semi-final match in his soccer game that night-- I thought his season was over last week but I guess each night has their own play-offs then those winners play each other-- it just never ends!!But then I really don't want it to.
I will catch up in the a.m.-- son needs this computer for homework!!!
Love ya-Gary
P.S.CONGRATS WILMA!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 11:13 PM   #13  

Hello to all! I did a long post the other day and I lost it! I then tryed again and lost it! So here I am again. I am feeling really bad today. I went for one of my test Fri. So I hoping for some answers soon! I one that I am the most worried about is the one on the 5th. I hope they find the problem. Doitforme I loved the poam. Ez I am glad you had that talk with the nephew afterward. When I was growing up my cousins use to tease me like that and I still remember it! Wilma praying the house hunting goes well. Zoe you are doing so great! A big welcome tara. And anyone elese I missed and Sherry Welcome back I missed you! I know you can lose just remember one meal at a time!
Your in my prayer!
Sami
Old 11-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #14  

Angry Hi Guys-

Hope this finds you all well, and pray your feeling much better soon sami! I got ya something that should help a little bit. That is so fustrating loosing a long post, and starting over.
Pastor had his surgery. His back is very sore they took salot of muscle tissue, but he didn't need a skin graft. He is suppose to be released tom. He couldn't tolerate lying on his back, so he coulod get the radiation on his leg. He will start radiation next Monday. He has to have 15 radiation treatments then he had to wait 10 days. He then wilol start a new protoccal. which is a test subject at dartmouth. He will recieve a serum back i.v. that was made out of his tumor they removed on monday. This is the last type of treatment he is able to recieve so I just pray this one works. I will keep you posted. (I relize its the Lord that has the power to intercede if He so chooses.)
So mrs. Hummer a baptist, we do love to eat, your doing good though!. Congrats wilma finding a house and pray you recieve the job as well. E.Z. - glad Baptists aren't the only ones who eat well, we are notorious for it though. Pray sall goes well with your friends situation. Hi zo, tara, and everyone else. Gotta run, !!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:38 PM   #15  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default HAPPY THANKSGIVING

[B]Happy Thanksgiving ( to all my U.S. friends anyway )I just lost a long post-- after telling SAMI that SUE and I just split them up now so that we don't lose anymore
So good to hear from you Sami-- I will continue prayers for your health!!! Please continue letting us know so we can help you with our prayers-- God doesn't need our help but it makes us feel better to pray for you!!
SUE- it must be so painful for your Pastor-- God can intervene (He already is) I hope it is for the outcome we are all looking for. On one hand it is so comforting knowing He is in control-- and in the other-- we are only human with human emotions wondering why all the time.
Requested and received grades and progress reports on the nephew today-- he is doing so much better!! The teachers all said he was well behaved--HOWEVER-- he likes to visit with his neighbors too much. His grades are 1A, 4B's and a C-. I can accept that!!! He got to pick out 3 videos for his reward to watch this evening.
Well I will catch up with you tomorrow-- wife and I are going to plan our strategy for our race on Thursday (or something like that Anyway--OFF to bed. In HIS LOVE-Gary
Closed Thread