Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 08:51 AM   #46  

Angry It's Friday!!!

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING TO ALL!!!!!

Well, finally I get to post! I tried to post several times and kept having trouble with my server being down or running out of time to post. But, I'm here now. Well, sounds like most of you have your decorations up and are getting ready for Christmas. Come on GARY I finially finished putting my up except for the girls little tree. They can't decide where they want to put it. ?? Yes, I went to the DR Wednesday and got shots and pills and I'm already on the road to feeling better. I did feel better yesterday and tried to do too much and was absolutely pooped last night but feel good this morning, after 1/2 pot of coffee, my throat even feels better. ;-)

WILMA~ Congratulations on the new job!!!!
WooHOO!!! You go girl!!! We knew you could do it! Now, about those sleeping arrangements?...?...? We'll just have to continue to pray about that one. We're still remembering your young man in our thoughts and prayers.

GARY~ So have you got those outside lights up yet?? Well, what is your excuse? Are you as agravated about Jake getting bumped off Survivor as I am? I liked him. I thought Clay should go. Oh well, thank goodness, I'm not there.

JOANNE~ So good to hear from you!!! Your snow sounds nice but you keep it up there for now, ok? ZOE and I don't like that cold weather that much. As for your weight loss. . . . YOU HANG IN THERE AND DON'T LET THE WIN!!!!! You are strong and you can do this. Just ask God to give you the strength and help you see results so that will encourage you to continue. Trust me, He and I have this talk all the time. And HE NEVER FAILS!!! So, hang in there!!!

SUE~ So sorry to hear about the new problem with the pastor. Poor guy, I'm sure his strength is weakening at this point in time. We will continue to pray for his renewed strength and new answers to help him and his family. I'm with you let's put the Christmas music on and get after it.

SAMI~ Girl, we are still praying for you. I understand you want answers good or bad so you know what you are dealing with and what to do about it. The unknown is the scariest of all. Keep looking up to God for strength and the answers and HE will provide what you need. How did yesterday go? Let us hear from you soon.

ZOE~ Finished shopping already???? Well, then, come do mine. I always look forward to going out and shopping, and then I get into crowds and around folks with bad attitudes and fussing about every little thing and somehow the wonderful mood I was in transforms and comes closer to their mood and I come home grumpy. I cannot let that happen! So, one thing, I try not to let myself get over tired cause that makes me more likey to get that way. I love driving through the neighbors looking at the lights too. But of course, in our little town, about 30-45 minutes and we're through, if that long. Don't you think those with those BRRRRRR temps should keep their low temps there. I think I like the SUN that GARY sent us, don't you? But who sent the wind?? How do you get those pictures on your posts? I have tried and think I've done it, then they never show up!!! Whine, whine, whine.

Well, I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL FRIDAY!!!! And a GREAT weekend!!!! I've got to sun finish getting ready for work. C ya soon.
Old 12-06-2002, 08:53 AM   #47  

Default I got the picture up!!!

I finally got my picture to stay up!!!! Yay!!! Hurray!!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 07:22 PM   #48  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry TGIF

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE-
I just got home from getting a haircut with the nephew-- my ex-wife is taking him and my kids to a really nice concert tonight--it is called Carols by Candlelight. There are several well known musicians in it, although I am not sure who it is this year, I do know last years' had Kenny Loggins. I took him to get some new clothes last night-- today we got the haircut and YELLOW SPIKES to match. He should look real sharp for a goofball!!! Just kidding-- he is a great kid-- I just made sure that I put a whole can of spray on his spikes or else by the time his aunt picked him up they would have dissapeared.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:36 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default I"M BACK!!!

I had to go get him outta the bath before he wrinkled beyond recognition.
SHERRY -- Thanks for the image of Jesus Saves-- He saves us in more ways than one doesn't HE?!! So glad to hear you are feeling better-- I think I know the problem-- a half pot of coffee??? If I drank ONLY a half pot of coffee I wouldn't know how to act-- that is my biggest vice-- I drink probably-- HONESTLY--3 quarts a day-- it is 50/50 at least. YES-- I too wanted Jake to stay-- I still like Survivor alot, but I have enjoyed some of the past ones much more-- Clay has got to go!!!
Well, I have to whip up some leftovers, the wife and I are going tonight to do the shopping for about 75 for our dinner on Sunday, prime rib and chicken with raspberry chipoyle or teriyaki glaze.

NOTHING LIES BEYOND THE REACH OF PRAYER, EXCEPT THAT WHICH LIES OUTSIDE THE WILL OF GOD.

IN HIS LOVE-Gary
Old 12-06-2002, 07:42 PM   #50  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default PRAYER REQUEST

Hello Friends ~

I'm here to ask your prayers for my mom. She had colon cancer a few years ago. The doctor said that he "got it all" but said that if she wanted some chemo, it couldn't hurt. She did it for about 3/4 of the way and quit. She's had blood tests regularly ever since. A few months ago, her blood test showed raised levels. She had an X-ray and it showed a spot on her lung. I know that the spot in itself doesn't mean "bad" but it seems a strange coincidence that her blood tests came back elevated too. Anyway, she's having a Cat Scan next week to see what's going on. Please pray for her, that it it's nothing. Also, she's a nervous wreck.

Thank you all.

Love in Christ,
Zoe <><
Old 12-07-2002, 11:28 AM   #51  

Angry Saturday morning

Good Morning Friends!!!!

How is everyone this wonderful morning? I have already been out working and have come back in for a little while. Here in central Texas the weather is good (high 50's) but all will change tomorrow it's suppose to drop and start raining/snowing. Yuck!! Get ready ZOE.

GARY~ You are so funny my friend. Yellow spikes???
Coffee is definitely my vice too. I have cut down from a lot more. The Dr wants me on only decaffienated!! I don't do well at all on that! Have you got those lights up yet???

ZOE~ You bet we will remember your mom!!! I bet she is scared and fearing the worse! Keep reminding her that she is in God's hands!! Remind her that she beat it before and IF it is back that she with God's help will beat it again!!!!! GOD IS ON THE THRONE!!!!!!! Get ready for the weather change tomorrow. I heard earlier that it might even start tonight. I hope we don't get the frozen stuff. Ya know?

Hello to EVERYONE!!! HAVE A GOOD DAY and check in when you can!!!!

Talk atcha later!!!
Old 12-07-2002, 01:52 PM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Saturday Morning

GOOD DAY EVERYONE---

How is your week-end going so far? I am just "chillin" as the kids would say, waiting for a fellow church member to come and pick up some items for our dinner tomorrow. The wife and I went shopping last night and were at the surplus store 7am today. We have everything we need until we figure out what we forgot!! That usually happens at just about the time the guest are coming for the main course from the appetizers!! You all know the stories-- dinner at 6 (potatoes ready at 7-- too many in the pot to cook right-- or better yet dinner at 6 prime rib ready at 5!!) sometimes ya gotta wonder is it worth it? Maybe that is why years ago Lutherans drank alot

SHERRY-- High 50's? that was our low here last night--brr! DECAF? STRAIGHT? isn't that like TOFU MEAT? proof that drs. don't know everything!! Glad to hear you are out and about burning off those calories!! Take time to study-- my kids are right now (in-between boy/girl friends)

ZOE-- I am so sorry for your mom-- I think that most of the time the anxiety and worry is far worse than the actual problem. Cancer is such a horrible thing-- my father, 54, and my granpa 61, and cousin 35 all died from it. I know through prayer we will help your mom with comfort!!

HI WILMA--SAMI--JOANNE

Gotta go put up the lights--FINALLY-- well, at least I am getting them out of storage!! In His Precious Care--Gary
Old 12-07-2002, 08:46 PM   #53  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello Friends

Thank you Sherry and Gary for your prayers for my Mom. She goes for a Cat Scan on Tuesday and I will let you know what happens when I hear. She does believe in God strongly and believes in Jesus Christ ~ I'm just not sure she's 'born again'.

Just got in from shopping. Late, because I wanted to be home to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and it's already started. Can't stay tonight but wanted you to know that my WI went good. I lost 1.8 lbs for a grand total of 29 lbs in 14 weeks. Woo Hoo. My next mini goal was to lose 30 lbs by our company Christmas party. That party is next Friday night so I think I am going to consider that goal met.

Zoe <><
199.4/170.4/148-ish
Old 12-07-2002, 09:01 PM   #54  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Saturday Night

WWAY TO GO ZOE 2 BIG banannas for your weight loss-- you can certainly claim your goal met -- I even give you permission to eat all the fattening stuff you can at your party!! But only at your party

Two big Banannas for me too-- my Christmas lights, tree and decorations are up!! Thanks to my daughter, wife and step daughter--OH, and 2 beers!!

GO TO CHURCH TOMORROW!!! LOVE YA ALL--Gary
Old 12-08-2002, 09:36 AM   #55  

Angry Good Lord's Day

Hi everyone! Yes Gary we're "All" going to Worship this morning aren't we????

A sunny cold day in Southern Ontario today, isn't the sunshine wonderful!

I started out for yesterdays Christmas party confident I could turn down the no no foods! WRONG! Temptation took hold with the pumpernickel bread and spinach dip, down hill after that.
They had "squares" of every type, who invented gooie squares?
Today we're off to another doo, say a prayer I can stay outta these things. I love Christmas, but why serve food? Coffee would be nice, I prefer Tim Horton's English Toffee, yummy up here in Canada. ( Yes I know its worth 3 points per medium cup)
Be strong, I'm hearing you all!!!!

Enjoy this Lord's day!
Thinking of you all with Prayers going up where needed.

Hugs,
Sister Joanne (Drinking lots of water today
Old 12-09-2002, 07:52 AM   #56  

Arrow Monday morning

Good Monday Morning to EVERYONE!!!!

I'm trying to wake up this morning. It's 40's and raining here this morning and looks like it has rained all night. So, I will take the kids to the bus at the road so they look presentable by the time they get to school.

GARY~ You did it!!!! You got all the Christmas decorations up? Good for you!!! We knew you could do it. Isn't that right ZOE? We'll put it on our list when we are out looking at lights, now which turn was that again?

JOANNE~ I love the sunshine anytime! Don't beat yourself up for the eating yesterday. It's done, just start fresh again and just think how badly you don't want the old to have the victory. That normally does it for me. I just sometimes forget to think about that. Ya know?

ZOE~ CONGRATULATIONS on the 1.8lbs gone forever!!!! Wow, you are doing ever so good!!! I guess you are getting the rain too by now. It's going to be a messy day for me going down dirt cliche roads to see patients.

Hope EVERYONE has a good day!!!!! Remember to let GOD HAVE THE GLORY TODAY!!!! Ask HIM to guide your eating and only allow you to have what your body NEEDS!!! Praise God He is GOOD!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2002, 08:22 AM   #57  

Here is today's DIETER'S DEVOTIONAL from www.crosswalk.com that I thought might help us all today!!!

"Acts 2:21
'And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

Barbara was so thankful. She had come so far, but lately the stress had been overwhelming. When she was under stress, she liked to eat. She was so afraid of blowing her diet that it just added to the stress. She was nervous and on edge all the time. One evening, while she had some time alone, she settled down to read her Bible and pray. It was one of the most peaceful experiences she had had in weeks. She felt renewed and strengthened by the experience; so much so that she made it a nightly routine. It got her through the stress, and it kept her on her diet. By God's graces he triumphed.
Today's thought: I admit I need help, but it's good to know that God offers all the help I can handle!"
Old 12-09-2002, 10:26 PM   #58  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI EVERYONE--
I hope this finds you all well and happy from a great week-end. Mine went pretty well-- as I said Sat. I got the decorations up and Sunday was our -- the wife and I-- big progressive dinner party. It was a big success, we made prime rib (remember the joke about dinner at 6 ready at 5?) well guess what!!!!? Any way we pulled it off with some au jus. The chicken--raspberry chipotle or teriaki glaze was fine. It sure is hard cooking for 80!! All in all it was super and the people there gave my wife and I and our helpers alot of compliments-- they love to complain too but so far we haven't heard any.

JOANNE-- It wouldn't be Christmas parties without the food. Remember dear that good nutrition and exercise is a lifestyle-- it is o.k. to have a little too much on these occasions. God doesn't want us to be prisoners to our bodies. If we try and take care of ourselves on a daily basis a little excess from time to time is no big deal. Take a few snacks and enjoy the party-- drinking the water is good. English toffee-- never had it--sounds good.

SHERRY-- We could use a little here. O.K.-- maybe alot-- we have drought conditions on the horizon if we don't get some wet weather that sticks around and soaks in. However the sunshine sure is nice. Thanks for the devotional-- you always have such pleasant looking posts to read-- makes it fun.

WILMA--SUE--SAMI--ZOE-- Hope all is well--IN CHRIST--Gary
Old 12-10-2002, 08:08 AM   #59  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Tuesday Morning everyone ~

I'm just about ready to get to work but need to run to the dry cleaners first. If I get them in there in the morning, they are ready to be picked up at 5pm. And since I wait until the last minute for Greg's clothes, this is a blessing for me.

This is a good week so far but I'm trying to conserve my eating. Friday night is our company Christmas party and I don't want to over do it. And being the night before my weigh in, I'm nervous.

Thanks Gary for telling me that my mini goal WAS met. I think 1 pound away and 6 days to go means it was met too.

Sherry, Joanne, Wilma, Sue and Sami Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

Talk to you soon.......

Me <><
Old 12-10-2002, 08:59 AM   #60  

Here is today's Devotional for Dieter's from www.crosswalk.com. I hope it touches each of you as much as it did me.

"Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Joan's doctor had told her to make a list of what was really important to her. Her husband and children headed the list. Her health was next, then her pets. She also wrote down her mother's ring and some furniture that her father had made when he was a young man. Her doctor asked her if she wanted to lose all that was on the list, and she told him 'Of course not!' He told her that she had to lose weight or she wouldn't be around long to enjoy the things she truly loved. If those things were really more important to her than food, then she was going to have to prove it. She asked God for help and then set her mind toward losing weight.

Today's thought: Compared to the truly important things in life, food is pretty pathetic!"

Closed Thread