3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What Kind Of Activities Do You Lust After? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/221011-what-kind-activities-do-you-lust-after.html)

wednesdaymorning 01-02-2011 04:41 PM

What Kind Of Activities Do You Lust After?

Well, all of us here are working towards a better version of ourselves. A lot of the reasons are health and a lot are aesthetic. But, for me, I want to be able to do activities without: a. Wheezing and panting as though blood is pouring from my mouth 5 minutes in. and b. Feeling my fat jiggle with every move. Hey, it's the truth.

What kind of activities do you want to be able to do comfortably?

For example, I want to:

-Get my SCUBA certification and dive off the coast.
-Learn to surf.
-Learn to ski.
-Hike.
-Run. I want to be able to run like a runner without pain and wheezing.

Jen516 01-02-2011 04:58 PM

Love this! This is the main reason I finally decided to lose weight -- I want to be able to DO stuff!

1. Hike. Anywhere.
2. Hike Half Dome and/or Grand Canyon.
3. Bike easily to get places.
4. Run.
5. Sky-dive. (maybe - if I don't chicken out!)
6. Double Parasail - two people at the same time.
7. Kayaking
8. Rock-climbing
9. ???

wednesdaymorning 01-02-2011 05:07 PM

Oh my goodness, sky dive! I always thought I'd be able to do that, then I realized I'm afraid of falling from the sky and, well, isn't that what sky diving is all about? Haha.

Those are some good ones, I like your Grand Canyon idea. That'd be fun.

iHeartU 01-02-2011 05:11 PM

1) Be able to walk the mall without getting out of breath.
2) Be able to go to the MetroParks around here and manage to walk all the way through them without getting out of breath.
3) Be able to ride my bicycle where I need to go during the warm months. (I live in Ohio, so not really able to ride year round)
4) Be able to ride the rides at Cedar Point.

DixC Chix 01-02-2011 05:20 PM

Oh, you mean exercise...just a minute, l et me get my mind out of the gutter...

Okay,...ahem... I want to get on a boat without it rocking wildly and without someone helping me get my leg of the edge.

I want to be able to get myself up the ladder back into the boat after a swim.

I want to bend over without feeling like I am cutting off my blood flow.

wednesdaymorning 01-02-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DixC Chix (Post 3628978)
Oh, you mean exercise...just a minute, l et me get my mind out of the gutter...

Haha. That kind of stuff counts too!

Oh, and I forgot my most important goal!

I'm getting my motorcycle license in the Spring. I'd like to be able to control my bike without getting sore!

spixiet 01-02-2011 05:52 PM

Stay in the gutter DixC...it's a fantastic place to be as far as I'm concerned :D

For me, I lust after activities like:
- running
- surfing (I gotta build the upper body strength to do a pop-up)
- horseback riding w/o worrying about the horse
- hang-gliding
- sky diving (maybe, I might chicken out depending on how tandem hang gliding goes :o)
- dancing w/o feeling self conscious (although no amount of weight loss will fix my lack of rhythm :dizzy:)
- being able to do the yoga moves that I can't do with my belly in the way

I'm sure there are more...but that's what came to the top of my head~

sweetnlow28 01-02-2011 05:54 PM

I really want to be able to run. After losing most of my weight, I find that walking is not a problem but I am still only able to run for about 30 seconds before I feel like I am dying LOL. Its a work in progress ;)

angelskeep 01-02-2011 06:34 PM

I would love to go overnight backpacking. I'm working up to it and I know that a few more pounds gone would make it a lot easier!

I would love to go shopping for clothing and actually like the way ANYTHING fits/looks.

I would like to bicycle to the next town over...for Chinese buffet...and bicycle back. All in the same day. LOL! It's a good thing the buffet is not in our same town...I have a fondness and a weakness for it, though I haven't been since summer.

I think I am lucky becuase I have not always been a fatty and I had a lot of opportunities to do anything I wanted. BUT...I didn't always appreciate them at the time and have only just started doing a lot of outdoorsy things.

Barb

Ookpik 01-02-2011 06:45 PM

1) Running. I can jog, but I want to be able to run fast.
2) Flying. One of my dreams is to get my pilot's license someday, and I can't do that if I can't fit into the small planes schools use to teach students.
3) Go on amusement park rides.
4) Go hang-gliding, skydiving...but I may lose my nerve if I actually get the chance to do these things!
5) I'd like to be able to run obstacle courses, such as the kind police forces use in their recruitment processes. I'd not only need to be fit, but strong as well.

tanner'smom 01-02-2011 07:09 PM

This is a huge motivation for me. I live in a very active state, CO, and I want to participate.

1. Hike, my DH works right outside of Rocky Mountain National Park
2. Run or at least walk quickly for a 5k

Those are my big ones.

seagirl 01-02-2011 07:15 PM

I love to hike, walk, bike, swim, kayak, snow shoe, cross country ski and do yoga.

I've always done those things no matter my weight - can't imagine putting them off until I'm "thinner."

But, I have to say it will be nice to carry 50 fewer pounds up the mountain!

Pint Sized Terror 01-02-2011 07:20 PM

1. Running

2. Yoga. I want to be able to do it comfortably.

3. Dance. I want to take some dance classes of some kind. I loooove dancing.

4. Aerial Ballet/Silks. It is SO incredibly gorgeous to watch. You twist silks around your legs/feet/arms/body and do all these amazing moves. They have classes near where I live, I just don't have the strength and flexibility yet. :o (Here's a video to show what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnl5iZFfrY0

TooManyDimples 01-02-2011 07:21 PM

My husband is a runner. I'd love to eventually be able to keep up with him, especially since right now I can barely run at all. :halfempty Once I get to about the half way point I'm going to start C25K. Hopefully that will be a good jumping off point for me.

seagirl 01-02-2011 07:22 PM

Oh yes, and yoga with fewer fat rolls will be nice. Although, I have to say that my "fat people have a harder time with yoga" theory was blown out the window by a woman in my class who had at least 40 pounds on me and was hovering in chaturanga like a hummingbird.

My yoga teacher was talking about getting some of those silks, I would love to do that! I haven't found anywhere around here yet.