Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #16  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

run, JUMP (thats a big one for me, I can no longer jump), regular lunges and squats, a whole bunch of exercising I cannot do at this time.

After that-- pole dancing classes.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 345/282/180

Height: 5'6

I'd love to just be able to be active without being self conscious and out of breath.
Amusement park rides are something I've been dieing to get on for years.
I too would like to get in and out of a boat without anyone elses help.
I"d like to look good on the dance floor!
pinkyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #18  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Heck, I'd be happy to be able to walk smoothly in really, really high heels, and also, not to have people alarmed for the sake of their floors at all my weight bearing down on one small potentially damaging point.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #19  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

I would love to rock climb. I would be too embarrassed to even try (even in-door rock climbing) right now.. but when I am in a healthier stage in my life BELIEVE that I will be doing some rock climbing,

Last edited by martha328; 01-02-2011 at 09:16 PM.
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm a hiker and a slow runner I started hiking when I was well over 300 lbs. For those that want to do it, just start with smaller trails, lower elevation increases and then just keep doing it. It is all about endurance, not weight although losing weight helps.

I'd like to do rock climbing.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #21  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen516 View Post
6. Double Parasail - two people at the same time.
Why can't you parasail now? I weighed 290 lbs when I parasailed with a friend of mine.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #22  

main goal is strenuous backpacking. i've done some and i was not strong enough to do it very well and keep group pace. i'm working on alot of strengthening and it's coming along nicely. i do flatwater kayaking and i want to learn to roll and do at least some whitewater. hopefully roll class in the spring.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:27 PM   #23  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
4. Aerial Ballet/Silks. It is SO incredibly gorgeous to watch. You twist silks around your legs/feet/arms/body and do all these amazing moves. They have classes near where I live, I just don't have the strength and flexibility yet. (Here's a video to show what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rnl5iZFfrY0
Oh that stuff is wonderful to watch! I've seen that stuff before in performance and it's lovely.

All that acrobatic stuff is great.
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:28 PM   #24  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

And to all of you who said rock-climbing: I'm going to add that to my list, too. That's a good one.
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

I'm getting great ideas here so I'm stealing some

- Jogging / Running
- Dancing (pole dancing would be awesome!)
- Walk in high heels
- Swim in a sexy bikini
- Serial dating... ha ha!
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

1. Shopping! I detest shopping at my current size. I want to be able to walk into ANY store, find something I like in a size that fits, AND have it look good on me!

2. Amusement parks! I remember reading an article about how plus sized people were turned away from roller coasters at the new Harry Potter these park in Orlando, Florida because the safety restraints wouldn't close over larger frames. I want to be able to go there and not be afraid of the safety restraints not fitting. I avoid roller coasters at my current size because I don't want to be "that person" who holds up the ride and then gets asked to leave. I've witnessed that before and NEVER want to be "that person."

3. Walk into a room and not feel like everyone's staring and whispering about my size. (Yes, I am paranoid.)
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #27  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Boxing
belly dancing, gonna get a video!
master some of the more difficult yoga poses.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:14 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Keeping up with my boyfriend on the bike trails
Dance without worrying about being "that girl" on the dance floor
Go to the beach and not worry about being looked at and judged
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 250/135.8/13?

Ditto to the rides at amusement parks.

I don't really have time for this now anyway cause of grad school, but I hope that when I get settled somewhere I can find a community softball team to play on. I played in high school (which is probably why I didn't really start gaining until college) and I miss it. Now that I'm losing weight and getting back into shape, I want to keep that up so that I will be able to play with my head held high, knowing that I am playing my best (which I couldn't even now, much less at my highest weight).

Finally, I can't wait to be able to cross my legs comfortably for a decent amount of time. I can cross them pretty well now (which is more than I can say for 50lbs ago ), but only for a bit.
flashfacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #30  

Height: 5'5''

I'm not sure if this is really considered an activity, but I lust for feeling "pretty" and feminine. I want to walk like a feminine woman and be able to cross my legs in a feminine way. I can cross my legs right now, but because my inner thighs are so thick/fat, whenever I cross my legs, my upper leg sticks out more than it should to look nice. I don't know if that makes sense to you guys or if it's lost in translation.

Other activities would be running. I would LOVE to run and not stop due to feeling pain. I've love to take a dance class that allows me to feel comfortable to move my body in a sensual manner and build up confidence. I also want to dance without worring about being "that girl" on the dance floor.

I've never treated my body as well as I should have treated it.

I just want to feel GOOD about myself for once in my life. I'm really hoping that this year I will lose the weight. I've wasted 32 years (i.e. all my life) envying women that I consider the "ideal" in terms of physical beauty. I just want to stop wasting mental energy thinking about how I wish I had the life of so-and-so and start being happy with what I see in the mirror.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote