Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 03:42 PM   #1  

Talking 300+ And Ready to Try Again... #253

WELCOME!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!!!

Last edited by SaraJoy; 12-16-2002 at 03:46 PM.
Old 12-16-2002, 04:15 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

I know how you feel Sara..........been running around like a with my head cut off the last couple of days. A quick run down before dh comes in the door and wants me to do something else.

Saturday: Went out to eat at J. Alexanders. Can I just say this? One word. Delicious. Don't worry guys........still stayed within my points. (but I didn't eat all day so I could splurge a little. Went to the Nutcracker........very nice. The music was wonderful. I do have to share a hilarious moment though. Dh was bored out of his mind. About 30 minutes into it he said, "I didn't know they were gonna dance around on their toes all night. I thought this was a play." Obviously has NOT seen the Nutcracker before. Intermission came and he jumped up out of the seat with a big smile on his face........."Time to go?" Very dissappointed when I told him it was only intermission. Very very funny. I hope I didn't offend anyone here if you really enjoy the ballet. He gave them all the credit in the world for all their hard work..........but is just NOT a ballet fan.

Sunday: Work (7-3) Ran home.......threw my church clothes on and got Trey over to church to practice for the Christmas play. Sat there till church started .......through church........went home.
Exhausted. Fell asleep just in time to wake up this morning to go back to ...................WORK! Lovely, isn't it?

I don't want any of you guys to freak out on me and think I'm not sending out any Christmas cards. I am. Mom took pics of the whole family Saturday night before we left to go on our "big date" and dh took some of me separately next to the tree. I hope their pretty good. I am having them developed today and cards should be getting out to you guys the next day. I got a card today from Steph, thin and Baylee.

I absolutely love having pictures of you guys. I wish so much we could find a way someday to all meet. I think we'd do a lot of what we do here........laughing, crying and some great big hugs. Maybe just maybe we can figure out a way to do that some day. You guys are my second family. And your a lot less messy!

Well, just had to jump in real quick and update and I will see you guys later on. Thanks thin, for the recipes. I remember what you had said and I was looking forward to it.

See you later. Love you
Old 12-16-2002, 04:17 PM   #3  

Angry Happy Motivational Monday!

First off, I want to say "YAHOO"; up until today I had only received Mary's card but today I got them from Kat, Lucky and 2Cute!!!

2Cute: Your family looks so happy and close! And your hubby and son look like twins! You have the warmest look about you... just like I KNEW you would! Thanks so much for sharing a bit of your life with us!

Lucky: I was excited to finally get to see that collage that everyone here has been raving about! In the pic with the two little blond guys (who are they, btw?), I think you look like Lady Di!

Kat: The sentiment of your card WAS nice! I'm especially looking forward to getting the one with your picture (and maybe the family?) in it though!

Hmm... still waiting on those other cards...

Saturday was spent helping hubby START (Ahhhhh!) his Christmas shopping and then we headed out dancing with some friends in the evening. I had a really great time BUT drank far too much and paid for it yesterday!

Okay. Here's the exciting part. Yesterday hubby and I had plans to go to a friend's house in Toronto (about an hour away) to have a Christmas dinner with them. We were actually going to stop at our friend's (Hwan-he was a groomsman at our wedding) house first, pick him up, and then head over to his girlfriend's house for the dinner. When we arrived at Hwan's house I was confused; his girlfriend was there with him when she was supposed to have been slaving away at her house all day in preparation for the meal! They said that they had started to cook the food at Hwan's house and were just going to finish it at Angela's. The whole situation SEEMED strange but we all piled into Hwan's van and headed off to his girlfriend's house.

After a few minutes of driving, my hubby said "Boy! I'm starving!"

To which Hwan replied, "Well, let's get started eating then!" This prompted his girlfriend to open the bags she was carrying and start passing out fresh chicken & veggie wraps while still driving.

Me. "What's going on?! Why are we eating in the van?"

Giggles from Hwan and his girlfriend.

Hubby. "Where's the turkey?! What's going ON?!"

Hwan. "Oh! Hmm. Yeah. We're not actually making you guys dinner. We're taking you SOMEWHERE."

Me. "What? Where?!"

Hwan. "Secret."

So the van became silent as we all munched on our wraps. After about a 1/2 hour, we pulled up in front of a glittering theatre.

Me. "You're taking us to see the LION KING?"

Hwan. "Yep. Merry Christmas!"

SO... we had a surprise visit to the Lion King last night. SECOND row tickets! We could see every expression on the actors faces! It was a high-energy, colourful and exciting performance!

ANYWAYS... I've got tons more to say but I've gotta take off for a bit! Be back soon... I promise Baylee!

Sara
Old 12-16-2002, 05:26 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! WI (not Wisconsin went very well today. I was in line and my leader came up and took over the one scale, and of course it was MY turn. I looked at her, and she looked at me and I shook my head no and looked to the person behind me. She said, "what? You don't want to be weighed by the warden?" So I said, "what the ****." And walked over. This was the first time that I have ever been weighed by the leader. So anyway, I jump on the scale and she starts doing a happy dance right there in front of me. So I'm like "what? Is it good?" And she announces that I am down 2 1/2 pounds!! Woohoo! Now I know, 2 1/2 pounds is not like the world has come to an end, but do you guys know how long it's been???? Like forever!!!

Went to my MIL's today and made angel wings. It's kind of our tradition every year. My MIL, FIL, SIL, and I have been doing them for years. My oldest son joined the clan a couple of years ago and this year we had my niece who is now a college student and is home for Christmas. We had a good time and I didn't eat a one!

I'm out of helpful hints from the Family Circle so I hope we will all be able to manage and that we have committed all of the former hints to memory.

sorry, it won't let me finish, so I'll be back!
Old 12-16-2002, 05:29 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default part 2

LuckyLadyBug: You are toooooo funny! "Do you smell the same thing I do?" How's that song go......I'm goin' on a man hunt.....? Good luck! Maybe these are some interesting prospects.
* 20???? Not for many years!!!!

Baylee: Oh, Baylee, honey. Yes I'm raising my hand and waving as high as I can. I've been here since the beginning of the thread and I'm within 5 pounds of the weight I was then. And I think you're right. The woohooing is nice, but it's not a real motivator for me either. I really think it goes back to what Tina said the other day, that it's within ourselves to get this done. We each have to have our own ah ha moments. And yes, I said moments with an 's'. It doesn't take just one, it takes many. I haven't had one in a very long time. But what this thread and you friends do for me is know where I'm at and where I've been. And heck, some of you even know where I'd like to be going. It is very important to me to share with people who know all these things. Even my WW meetings do not seem to be a motivator. Bottom line: It has to come from within. [[[hugs]]]

Mary: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well either. My sinus infection is finally winding down and I'm doing better. * STAY AWAY FROM THAT BOX OF CHOCOLATE!

Katrina: Sounds like your family needs a little 'sit down chat' with mom about prioritzing and everyone doing their share. Between work and sleep you don't have much time left.

Susie: Glad you're going to join in the fun. Can't wait.

Tina: You're life sounds like a whirlwind of work and running. I'm kind of glad that my guys are more self saficient (sp?) now. I did my day as chief taxi driver. * Glad you liked the surprise.

Sara: Your evening sounds delightful. What great friends you have!!!

2cute: Glad you got to see the movie. I'm also glad that you are spending some quality time with your girls.

I am really enjoying all the cards coming in. It's really neat how we've all added a bit of ourselves to the process. Whether it's confetti, a computer, our cats, the pictures or the sentiment, each has our own personal little mark. Strikes me as kinda neat how much thought we all put into it!

I'm hoping you girls in Canada get your cards from me. As I mentioned, I got all the US ones returned to me for extra postage, but the Canadian ones haven't come back. And Baylee, I'm waiting to see what happens with yours. Yours was mailed separately and has not come back either. I hope they don't make you pay at your end! I would be sooooo embarassed!

Well girls, I'm out of here once again. We have a Mexican dinner job tonight. See ya soon.
Old 12-16-2002, 07:12 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

I only have one thing to say....

MIDTERMS TOMORROW!! yikes!

I'll catch up to you all after I'm done!!

TTFN Michelle
Old 12-16-2002, 08:47 PM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

I got Thins and Steph's card today. Thin you are pretty and congrats on the loss. Hi to everyone else in a rush to get house work done.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:41 PM   #8  
Dancing those pounds away

Here I am off line trying to catch up on my posting. I have not read any of the thread so I cannot respond... so please do NOT feel ignored. I will have to come back later and catch up on my reading.

I just wanted to jump in and say....
I GOT MORE CARDS TODAY !!!!
I am sooooo happy !!!

Baylee... What a great photo... I am so green with envy !!
I want your legs !!!!! I would kill for legs like yours!!!!
My photo does not show my "true" legs... they are HUGE !!!!!
Even when I was my skinniest as a teenager.... my friends would say..." Your legs are fat even when you are thin."
Of course... I was only thin for a few hours. And thin for me was a size 14-16 .
Anyway.... back to Baylee... it is soooooo nice to have a face with a name. I agree with you... it does make us all closer now.

Steph... I also got your card today too. !!!!!! I was sad to not find a photo... but it was not a requirement... but I hope you share one with us soon.

Now all I have left to recieve is Thin, Duckie, Susie and Tina.
I think we should keep this photo thing going.. it is fun.

I "think" I have all of my shopping done....well I hope I do.
I need to go wrap presents and find out just where I stand.
Tomorrow I am babysitting my little grandbabies... and we are going to make some homemade cookies. We are going to use cookie cutters and frost and decorate too. I am soooo excited.

I better end this so I can get on line and post it.
I need to get my house clean since the baby is so quick at putting everything in her mouth. I need to vacumn and sweep and put all of this stuff I bought today away too. I like a clean house for my babies to come to. I am SOOOOOOooooo tired... but I can do this... I can do this for my babies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope the week just keeps getting better for you. My food is okay. Not worthy of losing... but not too much to gain either. It is maintance good. I have mixed emotions on accepting maintence good/vs/ losing good through the holidays.
I really have to go now.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-16-2002 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:17 AM   #9  

Angry Sooo many posts....

I finally got to read all of the posts and there are a LOT to respond to. LOL
I want to thank all of you for your sweet responses to my photos and letter.
I knew you would all be kind. LOL You guys are all angels.
Actually I am fatter than those pictures show... I could show you some AWFUL photos... but I am going to use them in my before and AFTER photo shot. There IS going to be an after.

I wish I had time to respond to everyone... but it is after 1am and I have to get some sleep before the girls get here bright and early. I just had to respond to Lucky and Baylee.
Please don't live in a "fantasy" land. Even some of us who are married do not get to "feel" loved either. Having a "man" does not guaratee you someone who cares. Nor does it give you someone to "listen" to you. Heck... my husband asks me a question and he doesn't even listen to the darn answer. Grrr
As the old saying goes.... the grass is always greener on the other side. LOL
I would LOVE to have a husband who made me "feel" loved. I would love to have a husband who shared the same interests. Heck...I would love to have a husband who would even go to the movies with me. My husband does none of those things. Oh on a rare occasion he does... but sometimes it "feels" like I am living alone.

The desire for the "perfect" ... heck , just "good" man is a desire we ALL have. Oh I know there are a few here that probably have it... but not all of us.

But.. I am not going to throw him back... I have too much invested in this one. Plus... he does have his good side too.
I guess what I am trying to say... and not accomplishing very well is....
Don't envy others... You really don't know what kind of man they have. You may be grateful you don't have one if you knew the whole story.

I will continue to pray for Mr.Right to come along for you... but remember another old saying.... "you better watch out for what you wish for... you just may get it"

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-17-2002 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:34 AM   #10  

Hello again... I got off line and headed for bed and realized that sounded like a male bashing.
I did not mean for it to come across that way.
My husband is a far better husband to me... than I am a wife to him. I did not mean to sound so negative.
I just hate to see anyone "feel" like they are "less than" those around them...because of a man, a job, a house, whatever.
And I do not think either of you feel that either. I just am an advocate to be true to yourself. I NEVER have been... I have always been true to "the family" even if it meant my own needs being ignored. But heck... so has my husband.... in a lot of ways.
Heck.. I probably should just delete the whole last two threads. I obviously don't know what the heck I am talking about.

I just didn't want to leave with the wrong impression left...
instead I am now leaving with the "she is nuts" impression.

Good night !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-17-2002 at 02:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:51 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Absolutely not, 2cute...you have stated very well, what you meant to say. I have a wonderful husband, two great kids, a nice home, enough money to get by and then some, our health is good...I thank God every day for my blessings and I ask him, what the heck to I have to be depressed about??? And yet, there it is, everyday. I could (and do) blame my parents and the way I was raised. There is a family history of alcoholism/addiction...But, whatever the cause, I am what I am. I have to play with the cards that were dealt to me. As do all of us. And so we try, over and over again. When we stop trying, all is lost.

I think what I like best about this group, is the complete and utter acceptance. I can be just me, at this weight, and not have to worry, "Geez, does she think I'm a pig?" Whether or not someone actually thinks that way is irrelevent, because it's the way I think...that I am "less than" because of my weight. I have always felt this way. It is a way of life for me. Hating myself because I'm fat, eating to comfort because I hate myself.

Your love and acceptance has helped me tremendously. I may not have lost much since starting up with 3FC, but I haven't gained either. I have to be happy about that. I know I'm rambling...do you see the time? I have to go to bed now. Replies to all tomorrow. I just have to say, 2cute, thank you for sharing your life with us! it means a lot, knowing what a private perxon you are . It's so good to be able to attach your sweet face to your post . You sure look like a happy family! Same goes for you, Miss Thin...thank you for sharing your family with us, they are a bunch of handsome men...and you are so cute!

i almost deleted this post and then changed my mind. The words come from the heart. Thanks to all of you for caring.

lots of love...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 12-17-2002 at 09:07 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:09 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

I just had to go back and correct my typos...I have to get some stuff done this morning, before I can post a good one. I'll be back...
Old 12-17-2002, 09:33 AM   #13  
Going All The Weigh

Red face I think I finally got it

I've spent a while trying to figure out how to post on threads instead of forums, so confusing for this simple mind. Anyway, I was invited to post here, I am 300+ although I have lost about 50lbs in the past 2 years, I have a very long way to go. I'm doing WW or at least trying to do it. I'm struggling hoplessly with it right now. I'm just looking for friends and people who are going through the same up and downs I am. I hope you all dont mind if I poke my lil head in and say hi.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:40 AM   #14  
a work in progress...

Welcome, Gypsy! We don't mind at all! (I know I can safely speak for the rest of my cronies here!) Best wishes to you in your weight loss efforts. We are all at different stages of weight loss in this group...some have significant losses, and others are jusr starting out, and others are staying the same, but happy not to be gaining. (That would be me!) Stop in often...we have a lot of fun here!
Old 12-17-2002, 10:10 AM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey, everybody! WOW, you guys were busy here after I left yesterday. My goodness! I guess I'm just here in the lull of the day and you all get busy after dark! (is that Freudian???) Don't get me wrong, I like to get 'busy' after dark too, but it sure isn't on the computer!

I'm off today to get a haircut and perm so I'm fresh for the holiday. Not sure how I'm making room in the schedule for this, but nonetheless, I am. A little 'me' time is a good thing, right???

I had so many errands to run this morning before my noon appointment and here I sit. What a stup! I'll never get done if this procrastination gene doesn't leave me soon. I just can't seem to break away from having a morning glass of water with you all.

Baylee: I'm so glad your card got to you. Did you have to pay extra postage? I've been so worried about that since it didn't get returned to me. * I didn't mean to make you think that I thought you expected someone else to lose the weight for you. I was just commiserating WITH you about not losing anything/much either in the last 2 1/2 years. I'm just not sure how to get it jump-started again. I do have to say though that I'm starting to look a little forward to WI (not Wisconsin) these days. Except for the 1/2 pound gain last week (that I'm blaming on Mother Nature) I have had losses for the past 4 weeks. Not BIG losses, but losses, nevertheless! Our time will come, dear Baylee, our time will come. [[[hugs]]]

Michelle: Good luck on your exams! I'm sure you'll do great!

Mary: Busy, busy, busy! I hope you get it all done.

2cute: You'll see that I didn't send a photo with my legs in it. You would have been blinded by the image. The top half of me is bad enough!!! * You had some great words of wisdom for the 'singles' in our group. "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence." As much as DH and I are soul mates, there are times, more often than not lately, where I feel so much like I'm just co-habitating in this house with him. It happens to the best of us. But like you, I've got too much time (and I might add, training) invested in him to ever let him off the hook too easily!

Katrina: I'm with you! It is the "complete and utter acceptance" that makes this group so special. Funny how we have all evolved into such good friends. Unbelieveable!

Gypsy: Glad to have you join us! WELCOME! Where abouts in North Carolina are you? I lived there for two years in the early 80's. We were in a little town called Kernersville. It's right in the middle of the Triad of Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point. We loved it there, but unfortunately, the job market did not like us. So sad. We would have stayed. Come back often and let us know about you. * Congratulations on the 50#'s. That's a wonderful start.

I've gotta run. I really do want to get a couple of errands done before my hair appointment. I'll see you all later.
Closed Thread