Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2002, 07:28 PM   #31  
burned out bus driver

Well, tonite's challenge is that Ds is doing a report on Venezuela.
For those of you who remember Robert Louis Stevenson......and I forget what miserable report there was before that.........well I am not having a fun weekend!!!!!!!

So, in a strange way, I am glad that there are no posts to reply to.
Hope that your weekends are going well. And all that shopping too! Take care.
Ginny
Old 12-09-2002, 10:58 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
How was your weekend??
Mine went well until yesterday. I came down with some sort of virus or something. I couldn't keep anything down and was so tired. Thankfully my DH was home and kept up with the kids and catered to me I guess it was only a 24 hour thing because I feel much better today except for being a little weak.
Well I wanted to check in and see how all was doing. Have a great day!!
Old 12-10-2002, 04:00 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

HIi

I'M SORRY THAT I DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE TO CHECK IN LATELY. I'VE BEEN SO.....BUSY! THE ONLY REASON THAT I CHECKED IN NOW WAS BECAUSE I HAD INSOMNIA. (DON'T HAVE IT ANYMORE, SO I'LL MAKE THIS QUICK!) WELCOME CHICKITABABE! IF YOU HANG IN 'TIL AFTER THE HOLIDAYS I'LL HAVE MORE TIME TIME TO ADDRESS YOU FURTHER. I'M SURE YOU'RE IN THE SAME BOAT AS MOST OF US RIGHT NOW. SPRYNG: GLAD TO HEAR THAT THERE'S ONLY ONE BABY! WELL-I'M READY TO SLEEP OVER THE KEYBOARD RIGHT NOW, SO I'LL SAY GOOD NIGHT!
Old 12-10-2002, 02:09 PM   #34  

Hi everyone. I am just checking back in after several days. Funny how we are all too busy to get here daily.

Found out yesterday that my oldest has strep and scarlett fever. We are housebound until he has been on the antibiotic for 24hrs and is no longer contagious. I am crossing my fingers that the twins dont get it from him!!
Old 12-11-2002, 03:33 PM   #35  
burned out bus driver

Good afternoon!!!!
Well, an interesting day here.........we have a lovely ice storm in process, so they decided to close school at noon. Dd's school did not even open, but I still had to drive all the public school students in and home. I finally got revenge at all those individuals who get the students on the bus and leave the disciplinary problems to me!!!! Because the weather was so crummy and I was feeling rather silly, I played the Chipmunks Christmas tape on the bus......and we pulled into the elementary school with all 50 kids singing Rudolph! (got them wound up.....just a wee bit!). Actually it worked out rather well for me, because they were so busy singing there were no fights- and I threatened them that I would turn off the music if I saw one of them out of their seatbelts or seat! But the way it worked out, I was in the bus for almost 5 1/2 hours straight......... and so was Dd because she had no school. I am glad to be home now, and all my kids are home with half days. Now we are just waiting for Dh, who hopefully will be home soon. The roads are bad- in some areas completely covered with ice.

Well, no walk today........and probably none tomorrow, as the storm is expected to go thru the night. Guess I am going to have to get some shopping online done.......

Gotta go check dinner. Spryng, I hope that you are feeling better. Jennifer- strep is the pits........the only good thing is that within 24 hours a really sick child can be so much better. Did your twins come down with it too?? My pediatrician used to prescribe over the phone for a sibling (no office visit needed) if they came down with strep and had a sibling who already had been treated. Hope everyone is feeling better!!!
Jackie-4 am and you are checking in with us? (sounds like something I would do!) Hope that you got your rest...........try not to over do it- get a little time off for yourself!!! (good advice for all of us).

Have a great evening!
Ginny
Old 12-12-2002, 08:17 PM   #36  

I haven't posted in a few days cause I have been sick as a dog!! I have bronchitis and laryngitis, on top of my asthma. So, my workout schedule went to pot, eating healthy right along with it. I was doing so well, exercised 6/7 days, then 2 days this week, now nada cause I am coughing so much, I think it would make me sicker. And, I must admit I have indulged this week, my birthday was 12/11, so we had TONS of birthday cake, and leftover peanutbutter balls that I made. I guess I'll just have to try again when I start to feel better.

I live in the Southern Tier of New York State, south of Syracuse.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:18 PM   #37  
burned out bus driver

Happy Birthday, Chikitababe!!!!!!!!!!!! (mind if you give us a first name.....it just seems more personal to me!)
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well........sounds like the bug I had 2 years ago complete with asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia. I hope that you are on the mend soon! Take it easy, drink lots of water and get your rest. We will be here for you when you are feeling better!!!!

As for me, I am slowly getting my shopping done. Tonite is Ds's Christmas concert. And today is FIL's bday, so we will have to do something for him (wish I could skip that!). And a basketball game tomorrow. So another busy weekend on tap....
Gotta go! Have a great weekend.
Ginny
Old 12-13-2002, 02:21 PM   #38  

well thankfully our strep is on the mend now. It is such a pain for me to remember to give him the antibiotic tho. I feel like a total moron when I forget. Knock on wood the other two havent gotten it. I hope if that were the case my pedi would perscribe over the phone too. They are an hour away.

Happy Birthday Chikitababe!!

Diet wise, I am still not eating right but I have been making it to the gym!
Old 12-14-2002, 04:13 PM   #39  
One day at a time.

Hi ladies!

Happy belated birthday CB! And welcome to you and Jennifer!

Sorry I've been MIA again, but with the holidays and all, I feel so worn out and haven't been online much. My pulled muscle is better, and my cold/pneumonia is about over too. I'm proud to say that even with everything going on, sickness and parties and such... I've still stay OP and even managed to have a slight loss this week. Last Friday night was DH's Christmas party at work, and weigh in was Tuesday night, which resulted in a loss of .6# it's not much, but with being sick and partying a little, I was happy it wasn't a gain. I haven't been able to exercise, but I know things will really slow down now, if I don't start moving! As of now, my total is 64 lbs. lost! I'm almost half way, can you believe it!?!

I don't know how much I'll be around this week, I'm leaving to go to my mom's Thursday night and won't be home until the 26th, so I wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas! Take care, and I'll check in when I can.

274.2/210.2/135
Old 12-14-2002, 05:07 PM   #40  

Just wanted to let everyone know that my name is Holly.

EDITED TO ADD: Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!

Last edited by chikitababe; 12-15-2002 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:41 PM   #41  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick check in here.............but glad to read your posts.
Melissa- I am so glad that you are feeling better, and that you are still in your losing ways! (that was me last year). It is a wonderful thing when you are locked in with being OP and you sure are. I hope that your week goes well. Have a very merry and blessed Christmas. And a safe journey,just in case I do not catch up with you before you leave.

Jennifer- good for you getting the workouts in! That is important to getting on track with weight loss. And good news that the twins have not come down with strep- I do not remember the incubation period for strep, but I think that they would have gotten it by now if they were going to from that exposure.

Holly- thanks for giving us your name! The screen names are fun- but I feel a bit closer using the individuals real name. Last year- based strictly upon our posts and names we had a guessing game within the thread for figure type, hair color, features, hair style etc.........it was really funny, and a lot of fun too!!!! So I guess I like having your real name to add a bit to your personality.
Well, I have survived the weekend.......Ds's team won again yesterday- he scored 16 points- and then we went on for an evening of teduim at FIL/MIL's. Yes it is that bad............but I was glad for Dh that he got a good visit in with his father. I left early
(after 4 hours) and took the kids shopping. Dh stayed on another 2 hours..........yawn......

Well, I had better figure out what I am making for dinner tonite.
And I want to squeeze a walk in.
Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 12-16-2002, 12:54 PM   #42  
burned out bus driver

Sniff,sniff.........nobody loves me...................

Aw I 'm just kidding. And I am up to my eyeballs, just like the rest of you!!!! Last year I think I was the only one who posted for almost 2 weeks and I held a brilliant conversation with myself.

So, I will go finish making dinner. I did get that walk in last nite (so pretty to see the Christmas lighted houses!) and got one in today in some cold, brisk weather (which I like).
I had better go drink some water, as I am behind in that.
Have a great day!
Ginny
Old 12-16-2002, 03:07 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

Ginny: I STILL LOVE YOU! Who couldn't love a cheerful/bubbly person like you?! I think of you often, especially thinking of you with a bus full of kids singing the "Chipmunks Christmas!" I'll actually start laughing out loud when I'm by myself driving my car, just thinking about it! You must be the life of the party! Holly: Thanks for giving us your name. I'm like Ginny, it's nice to have your real name too. I hope you get better real soon. Happy Belated Birthday to you! Mel: Sorry to hear that you were ill too! Hopefully you will be all rested up & better by next week. Have fun by you Mom's & Merry Christmas to you to!! Jenn: Glad to hear that the strepp is on the mend by your house too. Hang in there hon, & don't let the scale/diet bring you down. It's the holidays & we all are in the same boat once in awhile during this time of the year. Spryng: Hopefully you're doing okay too. Drop us a line when you get the time. I hope that you're feeling better too! Well, I must go for now. I'm hoping that I get another chance to check in before Christmas, if not: MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:24 PM   #44  
Going All The Weigh

Talking Just Wanted to Delurk

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hey and introduce myself. I have recently joined the board and wanted to know if it was ok if I hung out with you guys some. I am a SAHM with a 4 year old. I worry about her being heavy like my side of the family is. I am looking forward to making some great new friends with advice. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:51 PM   #45  
One day at a time.

Welcome Gypsy!

Hi Ladies~! This may be it for me, at least until after I get back from Christmas at my moms. But I just had to stop in and tell y'all the wonderful news from weigh in tonight. I lost 2.2 lbs. this week, which now gives me a grand total of 66.2 lbs!!!

BTW~I love you too Ginny! great job, getting in your walks, I would love to join you in walking and looking at the beautiful lights. Unfortunatly, we live in a VERY RURAL area, no street lights and very few neighbors. But I did make it to the gym yesterday, and I'm sure sore today!

Jackie, Thanks for the get well wishes, and I'm happy to say I'm feeling much better these days. Just a little tired, but I think that's mostly because of the busy holiday season.

I hope everyone is well, and has a Merry Christmas!

Take care, and I'll be back soon!
Closed Thread