Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Debbie, I have a question. I'm not trying to be nosey or lecturing or any of those things, just curious. Why are you eating so few calories? Is it a doctor-recommended thing?
PLEASE PLEASE always feel free to ask questions. THis is how we learn, support, and share. I will never be offended with questions and comments.

Why.. no clue. eating about 1000 calories a day works for me, and anything under 1000 simply makes me proud of myself. Ummm my Dr said 1200 calories. I guess i feel like im being 'better' by not eating that many. PLEASE feel free to share your thoughts with me.
debbie
Old 01-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #122  

PS...on lower calories. Im not very active eighter. Yesterday i did .55 of a mile on the treadmill. My body is heavy, ummmm lots of damage, and ummmmmmm flab. Its simply not moving well. I mostly sit when im at home.

I know i should bump up the calories a bit. So i shall shoot for at least 1000 calories today. Well 1000-1200
debbie
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #123  

S/C/G: SW: 183/ CW: 183/ GW: 150

Height: 5'2

Wednesday: I buy egg whites in a carton (Egg Beaters), I scramble them or make omlets with them.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #124  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelfoy View Post
Debbie I would ask the same question as Pint. 850 does not seem like enough calories to spark your metabolism especially if you are working out. Maybe I am on the wrong track but I have been told that a person needs to eat more to lose more? If it is doctor recommended please be careful.

Serbrider - I love your resolves....very inspiring!
Thank You so much. You are right, i should be at 1200 per my Dr, with a goal of over 50% protein. Thankssss debbie
Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #125  
At it again

You are all so impressive with your successes and I really hope I'll be inspired.

I'll confess that I'm a little scared. In the past, I've never had a problem starting a new eating/exercising plan. I'd be all gung-ho, even obsessive, for days, or weeks, or even months. It was the sticking-to-it that always gave me a problem. This time around, I'm even struggling to get a good start. I don't know if it' because I'm older or because I still haven't gone back into a normal routine after the holidays or what. But, I am committed to keep trying. I am going to come here everyday to read about everyone's successes & struggles - if others can do it, I can too. So, thank you all for sharing your stories.

That said, here's what yesterday looked like:

2 hard boiled eggs, apple
coffee with s/f creamer
chicken, roasted potatoes, broccolli
turkey, salad, low cal dressing

Here's where it gets ugly:
20 min pretzels
spinach artichoke dip & chips (didn't measure or count)
2 glasses of wine

I did get my 64 oz of water in, but only one walk.

I feel like I've now been to confession, so today I will make amends
Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #126  

Good Morning Everyone! Please know im always open to comments and questions.

Well i thought i had a great day yesterday!

850 calories a bit low

.55 mile on the treadmill a bit low also.

I will work on upping both of these numbers today.

xxxooo d

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY ALL.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Ande: It took me a while to get down who was who when I started as well!

Rachael: That is a lot of water! Congrats!!

Diana: Thanks so much. Now to just lose those pesky Christmas pounds! lol

Vixsin: Good job on being down .8!

Debbie: That few calories puts your body into starvation mode and it makes it hold onto the weight more. My sister is a doctor and I got a huge lecture from her about eating too few calories when I started. There are a lot of good sites out there. I calculated a rough estimate on about.com's calorie counter and to maintain your current weight you would be at 2605 a day. If your end goal weight is something like 140 which is what I put in, you would be eating about 1600 a day. If you create a deficit of 1000 calories a day you will lose about 2 lbs a week. That is the healthiest thing for your body. When you are working out it also burns more calories so take that into account as well. Your body NEEDS more fuel to continue working optimly. Here is the link to the calorie counter I used for a quick calculation:
http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/blcalcalc.htm
Also, I don't know if it is available to you but maybe talk to a dietician. Some of the local gyms have trainers you can talk to as well. Do some research on it. Don't just take your doctors word, it's your health and your body. Make sure they are telling you the right thing. Weight loss is a confusing journey when you start. The more information you have, the better.

Rmc: Sticking to it got to me last time as well. I did really good at first then derailed myself during the holidays. I am back on track but still struggling! Good luck, I know how hard it is to stick to it!

Ok two NSV's for me!
Last night, I REALLY REALLY wanted to snack. I have been really bad about this lately. I do really good until evening time and then I get this huge craving to snack. Well, last night I had absolutely no calories left. But I did NOT snack. I read and when the craving got overwhelming I went to bed. I was so proud of myself for not giving in. I feel like I am slowly getting back into pre-injury/holiday patterns!

The other NSV is that I got up and did yoga this morning. It was on the Wii fit and I don't have that many poses unlocked yet but I still did 12 minutes of it. I am kind of thinking that it would be cool to start my days like that!

Roxanne
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmc9142 View Post
You are all so impressive with your successes and I really hope I'll be inspired.

I'll confess that I'm a little scared. In the past, I've never had a problem starting a new eating/exercising plan. I'd be all gung-ho, even obsessive, for days, or weeks, or even months. It was the sticking-to-it that always gave me a problem. This time around, I'm even struggling to get a good start. I don't know if it' because I'm older or because I still haven't gone back into a normal routine after the holidays or what. But, I am committed to keep trying. I am going to come here everyday to read about everyone's successes & struggles - if others can do it, I can too. So, thank you all for sharing your stories.

That said, here's what yesterday looked like:

2 hard boiled eggs, apple
coffee with s/f creamer
chicken, roasted potatoes, broccolli
turkey, salad, low cal dressing

Here's where it gets ugly:
20 min pretzels
spinach artichoke dip & chips (didn't measure or count)
2 glasses of wine

I did get my 64 oz of water in, but only one walk.

I feel like I've now been to confession, so today I will make amends
If it's any consolation, I think you're doing really well! If you're used to not counting calories or measuring portions at all....to go from not doing it to doing it 100% that is very difficult! It will take time, but I think you're on the right track! Just stick with it! Whatever you're doing is working, you've lost 2 pounds!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Yay!!! Linds!!!! Great job.

I have officially completed my modified Week 6 Day 1!!!!!
Thanks and YAY!!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxannestags View Post
Lindsey: I love my water aerobics. Especially being as heavy as I am it really helps with the impact! But get some earplugs. Don't go through the problems I have been having! What is JT chocolate mousse? I like chocolate mousse but the calories were prohibiting so I want to find out where you got that one from! lol SUPER congrats on running the mile!!! Wow

My NSV today:
Went to the doctor and before the chairs have been uncomfortable and too small. Now they were comfortable!!

My SV today:
I got on the Wii fit today to have it tell me I lost 11.2 pounds. While I knew that I had lost weight I was feeling kinda deflated lately because I really let myself go over the holidays and I have gained 6 pounds but it sure was nice to see that reminder that even though I was bad,I am still ahead. Helped perk my motivation right back up!

Roxanne
Will do! I have joint issues so the water would probably help with the impact as well. JT chocolate mousse is Jello Temptations, they are 60 cals..awesome if you're craving something sweet or chocolatey! They are usually in the pudding aisle. Thanks for the congrats!

Congrats to YOU on your NSV and SV!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachaelfoy View Post
About my day
Coffee with Flavored creamer
Breakfast Plain oatmeal w/ honey and a yoplait yogurt
Snack - Almonds
Lunch - Mesquite chicken from Sams Club with salad. Kraft free zesty italian dressing
Coffee with flavored creamer
Snack - 2 slices provolone cheese
Dinner - Chicken breast salad Kraft free zesty Italian dressing

According to Livestrong my calorie intake was 1507 the breakdown was 30% protein, 36% carbs and 32% fat.

I want to aim for percentages of 40/35/25. I will continue to tweak my diet.

I made it to the gym today and did 45 minutes on the stairs and worked on triceps and chest. Happy about my workout.

I stayed away from the fresca and the energy drinks and amazingly I don't have a headache. Maybe that is because of all the water I drank 80 oz. Tomorrow I am going to aim for better percentages in my food intake and drink at least 100 oz of water.

Diana - you are my tracking hero! Nice job
Lindsay - That is awesome. How do you feel?
Andejean - Tomorrow will be better for both of us

Looks like tomorrow I am taking a trip to the grocery store so I can have healthy snacks with more protein. I think I will also start drinking my protein shakes before and after my workouts.

All in all sounds like everyone had a great day! Lets do it again tomorrow. :-)
Sounds like you go in an awesome workout!! I think you're doing really well with your diet also!!

I felt great after the run! Gosh, it's been so long since I could do that!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:16 AM   #132  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Good Morning!

I am down .8 today so that feels nice. TOM is gone now so hopefully he'll take some of this water with him!! I had a beautifully OP day yesterday and let me tell you it felt so good to be eating my own healthy cooking and doing my normal measuring and such. It felt good to be back in that routine. I will be OP today too. (take THAT, scale!)
Woo hoo! LOL @ "take THAT, scale!"
Old 01-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #133  

Diana - Thank you!

Debbie - I agree with Roxanne! I would definitely up the cals a bit, you definitely don't want your body to think it's starving! I actually agree with people that say you have to lose! When I started, I was eating 1200 calories per day, did fine for my first 10-12 pounds, then it just stalled. I think my body thought I was starving it, so I upped it to 1400 and boom that helped, the pounds started dropping! Plus, you want to eat an amount of cals that you can manage to eat long term! Eating 800-1000 would be very difficult doing long term. Eating say 1400-1600 would be much more do-able and you'll still be losing!

Roxanne - Look at you!!!!!! Kicking booty!!! That's great, I love hearing your NSVs!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:24 AM   #134  

Morning ladies!!!

Quick post...because school starts today. My first upper level class..kinda nervous!

Down 0.4# today to 152.4#! Of course my latest NSV running 1 mile without stopping that I shared last night..still can't get over that! So proud!

Hope you all have a lovely, OP day! Be back later...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #135  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

I find that I can only have 1000 calories per day otherwise I put weight on. Occasionaly I have crept up to 1100 but that is the absolute limit. I am a disabled person and therefore very sedentary and with my bad back any kind of exercise is very painful. However, 850 calories? I don't know how you do it Debbie!

Last edited by emaline29; 01-04-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Closed Thread