Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #751  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Might sound weird, but since starting this journey and discovering 3FC it kind of makes me want to be a nutritionist or something of that nature. I find this so interesting! I would love to help others in their journey, help them achieve success while giving them the tools to make their lives healthier! Sounds corny, but 3FC has changed my life.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:22 PM   #752  

Kayla - Welcome back! I love your avatar!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #753  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLindseyLouHoo View Post
Might sound weird, but since starting this journey and discovering 3FC it kind of makes me want to be a nutritionist or something of that nature. I find this so interesting! I would love to help others in their journey, help them achieve success while giving them the tools to make their lives healthier! Sounds corny, but 3FC has changed my life.
Linds: That doesn't sound weird at ALL!!! Since starting my journey and posting on 3FC I have realized that I want to change career fields and go into Health and Wellness too! I found an online school that offers a degree and helps you get certified. I plan on getting certified as a group instructor and coming up with my own exercise class too. I also want to go to school for Nutrition.

I am with you on wanting to help others do this. It's not always easy, but it sure is great to have someone with you that can relate! I hope you pursue it.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #754  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I lost another 3 inches over the past week! And if you can believe this, 1/2" from my ankle??! LOL!! I've been staring at the same digits on the scale since last friday.. I'm willing it some movement.. I just want to see the two twentys SOOOOOoooo bad! Haven't been there since 06' I'd say.

Lauren, stay warm in the snow!

Cincimini, I love Indian food! I can only imagine how much better it is while your in India! MMmmmmm

Shells, we went to California a couple of summers ago. Took a tour of Hollywood.. OMGosh! Loved it... I'm a sucker for glitz and glamour too! Too bad I didn't see a celebrity siting.. :P But we did get to walk the site where the red carpet is rolled out for the academy awards!

Rita, Hi!

Pint, I bet you look beautiful in that red dress with your new red hair! Too bad about hubby being stuck..

Diana(LA), Girl!! If you have been able to keep your fingers out of that cake, you my dear and my hero! I'm a complete chocolate freak! Good luck at your weigh in tonight!

Lindsey, sorry about your hip.. sounds awfully painful. Take it easy and heal quickly! Do I see a new career in your future?!

Ande, it sure is a victory! You go girl.. keep striving for that whoosh! You and me both... Come on whooshes!

Eurydice, sounds like you had a great day! That's awesome! I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting stronger myself.. my heart rate isn't insanely out of the ball park now on the elliptical as it first was for the same workout. Progress!!

Diana, Dumb TOM!

Krampus, hope you have a better day.. especially now the chocolate is gone.

novelista, I guess in one sense having all that bad food worked out.. at least, like you said, you'll think twice about consuming it. Hope your week goes well!

Vixsin, congrats on your pound!

Veil, we're on a rollercoaster and life is going to add a lot of ups and downs. Sorry for your loss. Start by committing to at least one full day, and hopefully it will get easier to stick to it from there on.

Kris, you can do this! I let myself get caught up in daily goings on the last time I struggled with this journey. It took about five years and +39lbs. before I felt like giving it another go. Things I wished I would have realized back then.. nothing is worth gaining back the weight, keep trying and be happy where you're at until you get over the hump. At least you realized this now..

Roxanne, you sound like you could use a little motivation mojo. I think what you said to Kris hit the nail on the head, "I am proud of the fact that you are still making an effort and trying. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do".

Kayla, Hi!

My Monday Check-in:

Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean Crunch with Greek yougur, blueberries and almonds (300 cals)
Snack: Cheesey Crisp bread (200 cals)
Lunch: California Pita Pocket (400 cals)
Snack: Chocolate Nut Fudge bar (200 cals) (OMGosh.. so much like real fudge)
Dinner: Turkey Lasagna (400 cals)

16 min Elliptical (numb brain me forgot to press start on my heart rate monitor.. assume around 450 cals burnt)
4.4 liters H2o

Last edited by LadyLai; 01-18-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:42 PM   #755  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Evening ladies!

LadyLai - congrats on the 3 in. Even if the weight's not budging...something IS happening!

Linds - doesn't sound weird to me either. I bet you'd be great at it, too!

roxanne - Hope you can sleep better tonight.

MamaP and Veil - Hope you guys will find the motivation to get back on track. We're here for you .

And btw...that cake.... - looks like a heart attack waiting to happen...and delicious at the same time

Here's my food intake for today:
B - 1 slice of bread with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk
S - sipped a latte throughout the day
L - leftover potato-chickpea-cauliflower dish from last night with 1 tomato, apple for dessert
D - Chicken and red pepper with 2 tbsp of couscous, latte and 3 small cookies

Went back to the gym for the first time after my vacation and didn't even suffer as much as I thought I would . I did 30 mins of cardio plus weights - and it felt goooooooood. I'm exhausted now though, so heading to bed fairly early again. I think this cold plus the jet lag is still getting to me.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #756  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Got guilt-tripped into going to that awful meal I was complaining about earlier in the thread -.- Ugh.

I didn't eat a thing.

I really don't understand how people can eat greasy food any more. I can't believe I used to eat it. Everything that was served was utterly vile. Not only could I not eat any of it, I don't think I would have wanted to.

So now everyone at work is like 'oh you didn't EAT'. Yeah, and...? If they want to fill their bodies with that crap, good for them. I refuse to.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:38 PM   #757  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Linds: That doesn't sound weird at ALL!!! Since starting my journey and posting on 3FC I have realized that I want to change career fields and go into Health and Wellness too! I found an online school that offers a degree and helps you get certified. I plan on getting certified as a group instructor and coming up with my own exercise class too. I also want to go to school for Nutrition.

I am with you on wanting to help others do this. It's not always easy, but it sure is great to have someone with you that can relate! I hope you pursue it.
I'm glad to know I'm not crazy..or sounding corny! Where did you find the degree/certificate?? My current school I could switch to Health Care Studies with a minor in Health Education...I'm seriously considering it!

"It's not always easy, but it sure is great to have someone with you that can relate!"

I totally agree!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #758  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Lindsey--It's not weird at all! I thought about it too. I mentioned it to my dh who responded with "Oooh, shiny!!". He has a point, though. I've mentioned several career options within the last month. I believe storm chaser was on the list.

Wysteria--Sorry about the dinner.

Cin--Great job at the gym and feel better soon.

Tina--I'd looove to visit California! I'd love to LIVE in California. Better than East Bumble, Frozen North. Great job on losing the inches!

Roxan
--Way to go on exercising and going to the gym even if you didn't feel like it.

Kayla--Welcome back!

Veil and MamaP
--Sorry things are so stressful for you guys. Hang in there. We're here for you and ready to cheer you on.

Diana(LA)--Holy Chocolate Hangover!! I hate chocolate cake, so it would be safe from me in my house, but I bet my kiddos would fall all over themselves to grab a slice.

novelista225--Greasy food makes me feel gross too. Yuck.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #759  
Blessed!

Today's Info (I stayed in my calories, but I indulged my sweet tooth ):

Weight:
Exercise: LS 3 Fat Burning Miles

Breakfast: Weetabix, Almond Milk, Coffee
Lunch: Stir Fry
Dinner: Snobby Joes, slice of roasted garlic bread, broccoli
Dessert: Cowgrrrrl cookie + taste tests as I was baking , mini kinder

Calories: 1,319

I have to say, the Snobby Joes were AMAZING! They're made with lentils instead of meat and I think it actually tasted better that way! I'll share a picture from Post Punk Kitchen:

Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 PM   #760  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Krampus At least you stayed in your calories and you did a great workout.

Shells I've never had Wheatabix. It doesn't sound like I am missing much.

Diana(LA) How did your WW meeting go? Evil cake! It looks good, though.

Novelista Sometimes, knowing how certain foods make me feel afterward keeps me from eating them in the first place.

Vixsin Great job on that pound!

Lauren Hi I know you said you are going to be busy, but still, try to take a break and relax when you can.

Lindsey How is your hip now? I hope it's better. You might want to look into nutrition studies. It's something you are passionate about. You will do well in that field.

Veil I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Keep trying every day. Don't give up. You will regret that later. You won't regret the fact that you are trying.

Kris You do the same. Keep trying every day. Work on one meal at a time. Don't get overwhelmed with the whole day. Do whatever kind of exercise you can do. I'm glad your gradson's surgery went well. I know you worried about that.

Roxanne Great job on at least getting to the gym. You did something.

Kayla Hi! It's good to see you.

Lady Congrats on the inches!

Cincimini Great job on getting to the gym.

Wysteria On a positive note, since you didn't eat, you don't have to deal with the negative effect from the food.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-18-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #761  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1380 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (640 calories)
1/2 Napa Almond Chicken salad Sandwich 340 calories
1 Cup broccoli cheddar soup 190 calories
fruit cup 60 calories
1 dark dove promise 50 calories

Exercise
TF 45 w/weighted gloves
Exercise TV Incredible Abs (standing section)
Old 01-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #762  
Working on 'Project Me'

Vixsin, great idea to pay it forward! I'd much rather get advice by someone "who's been there" than someone who has been skinny their entire lives.

Cincimini, thanks! I definitely think something's going on.. I haven't felt this good in my clothes in a LONG time!

Shells, thanks! Who wouldn't want to live in CA?! LOL I told my husband that I couldn't leave because I was addicted to palm trees... it didn't work on him though. The snobby Joe looks amazing!

My day:

Breakfast - Chocolate Monkey Smoothie (300 cals)
Snack - Apple w/P.B. and cheese (200 cals)
Lunch - Deli-style Turkey Sandwich (400 cals)
Snack - Chocolate Mint Popsicle (200 cals)
Dinner - Tasty Taco Salad (400 cals)

Elliptical - 17 minutes (508 cals burnt)
4.4 Liters of water
Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 PM   #763  
Working on 'Project Me'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lady Congrats on the inches!
We must of been posting at the same time! Thanks!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #764  

LadyLai – Thanks! I don’t know…it’s quite possible!

Cinci – I’m glad that didn’t sound too weird. A little corny at the least I suppose…

Wysteria – I know, it’s amazing all the greasy food people can eat. It gives me a gut ache now, SO not worth it…not to mention the gain on the scale. I can’t believe I used to eat all that stuff too!

Shells – Storm chaser! That is awesome, but scary! I think being a weight loss counselor or something of that nature (dietician…etc) would be fulfilling and it’s something we’re all going through and WILL get through! And btw, that dish looks amazing!

Diana – My hip feels a lot better today...maybe later in the week I can start slowing getting back exercising.
Hope you ladies had a great day! My hip is rested and feels a lot better, still hurts, but I can tell an improvement! Stayed on plan today (1250 cals) despite TTOM is approaching fasssstttt! I say that's a victory!

I found out that I will be graduating THIS December! After talking to my advisor today, she said I'll be all finished then! Can't wait! Anyways, nothing much going on...night ladies! See you all tomorrow!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-18-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #765  
Blessed!

Tina--My mom for one. She's convinced if I move to CA then I'll slide into the ocean with the rest of CA when the next earthquake hits. She always reminds me of that when I mention how I belong in CA.

Lindsey--That's amaaaazing!! Woohoo!

Diana--Nope, not missing much. However, your salad sounded scrummy!
Closed Thread