Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #16  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Raspberry 1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 62

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix View Post
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but it sounds like this diet didn't work for you either... otherwise you'd be maintaining your goal

Please, believe me, we're all in the same boat as you. We would all LOVE to just take off our fat like its an extra coat. We'd LOVE to see the numbers on the scale fly past us. We were all (okay, most of us) raised in this instant gratification society where waiting for something is unusual.

How many people attempt crash diets like this, get to their goal, and stay there? I know I've said a thousand times "If I could JUST get to my goal, I could maintain it because I want it so badly." but it's not that easy. You need to go through the long weight loss journey before you have even a fighting chance at maintenance. It sucks, but its life.

I feel for you, Raspberry, because you truly aren't alone. But most of us... we've been there, and failed, and it hurts to see someone attempt something that we know from experience won't work and isn't healthy. By all means, you're permitted to learn the lesson on your own the hard way--I know I'm the kind of person who has to learn from her own mistakes--but we're trying to save you from heartache and lost time down the road because of the unrealistic goals you've set for yourself.

I wish you tons of luck and good will for your wedding Don't forget that dress size doesn't equate to beauty or happiness. It'll be a wonderful day no matter what!
I appreciate your kindness and concern about me .. Im so depressed I know that everything you said is accurate and i tried lots of diets before but as soon as i get near my goal i start again my bad food habits ..

I think im going to see a doctor because i need a good diet and want to lose weight

if i eat a lot then i wont have problem because i can simply cut down my plate in to half an i will be on my weight lose journey .. but the problem as I mentioned I dont walk or do any sport and my food is little but very bad food so I need a good diet to let me lose weight
Raspberry 1984 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #17  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Raspberry 1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 62

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
I have to agree, this diet isn't healthy as it is both low carb and low fat, and will only contribute to yo-yo dieting again.
Why not try atkins or south beach? You can lose weight quite quickly, and can be easy to stick to if you commit. The advantage is you can continue to eat the same way (with a few more healthy carbs added in) in order to maintain, so that you don't wind up regaining it all again.
We want to be supportive, but we can't promote unhealthy diets.
I also second the idea that if your fiance isn't happy with you at this wait, (not much more than me at my highest weight, and I am the same height as you) I would question whether this is the right time to make a lifelong commitment. YOu may regain weight. If you have children you will get big when you are pregnant. How will he manage that?
Wishing you all the best, however that may be.
thanks for your post

.. I tried atkins diet once .. I dont know why but i didnt feel that i like it although a friend of mine has lost lots of weight on it .. but it took long time ..

I know if i used to do it i would have reached my goal by now .. but i waste my time with trying new things .. losing and gaining again ..

I will take this diet to a doctor and see what he can do for me changes to make it healthy and still lose weight

thank you so much
Raspberry 1984 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:41 AM   #18  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Raspberry 1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 62

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
But I'm afraid this one won't work either for all the reasons you've listed below.


May of us CAN imagine it...and have lived it. I'm one who got fat on very little food. I can't necessarily say exactly why. My body is just a touch different than a lot of people's. That's ok. I've learned how to work around it and you can too. But this is not the way.

What they're saying is true. You can indeed get fat on very little food because your body won't burn it the way it should. And the diet you are forcing on yourself is the exact opposite of what you wrote here. It IS important to feed your body. It is best to feed your body several times throughout the day. I personally like to eat six mini meals, each with equal calories. From on person who got fat on not much food to another...this has worked. My metabolism stays revved. I eat breakfast and I finish with an early dinner so most of my calories come during the day when I can burn them off. Also, I am never hungry, so the need to go off plan does NOT come up. This is very important because the only way a diet will ever work is if you stick with it for a long time. Do you know what a long time is? I ask because I used to think that was a couple months. No, a long time is like a year, or two.

Why do you think this diet is going be different? You're setting yourself up for starving by evening, no question.


So get active? I'm all for going intense leading up to your wedding. It's actually a great idea. I'm a big fan of picking a plan you can stick with and committing to sticking with it no matter what for a specific period of time WITHOUT ANY EXPECTATIONS. So I would be thrilled to see you say you are going to eat 1500 calories of healthy foods and that you were going to do some intense exercise including strength training and that you were going to do this until your wedding, no excuses, no matter what the scale says. No matter what! That is a plan I could get behind.

This is an awesome and amazing place! Stick around and you will be inspired. It's impossible not to be.


You can do this! But I have to say I do not like your plan. I do, however, like your enthusiasm. I can tell you you are not broken, even though I know you think you are. You are not alone. You are not the only person for whom it seems nothing works. Been there, lived through that. You are no more broken than I am.

I started weighing daily and it changed my life. I discovered that I do not lose weight like most people. I lose weight one week out of every month and stall the rest of the month. I do not lose the often prescribed "1-2 pounds per week" but I DO lose 4-8 pounds every single month. And you know what? It's the same thing!! But weight loss is not linear as most people and books would have us believe.

So have we convinced you?

Tell you what...if we have not convinced you, promise me this. Promise me you'll try your plan, but when/if you fail, just come back and let us guide you toward something more realistic. There's no time limit on this. You have the rest of your life.

Oh soo sweeeet I love you guys you are very very very kind and I dont know what to say .. U r correct 100% cant say anything about it

the reason why I wanted to start my weight lose journey here is that I needed support

and I will for sure go to a doctor and make changes on that diet because I dont want to make mistakes i've done alot so far with yoyo dieting

and I think its time to listen to other advices since im not doing it correctly

I promise I will stick to a good plan .. and will open a new thread so that i will always give updates on what im up to

just as im checking the posts i called a clinic and took an appointment with a doctor it will be after 2 hours from now ..

i better reply to the others and come back with the new news after going to the doctor

and then open a new thread ..

thank you so much for helping me ..

for sure i will need your advice
Raspberry 1984 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #19  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Raspberry 1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 62

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettiepiepie View Post
I wish you the best of luck in losing the phenomenal amount of weight you are proposing but I wonder after the 28 days and loss of up to 55lbs if you starve yourself enough, will you be able to maintain the loss of weight you propose?

There are many desperate women, including myself, who look for the "lose weight quick and big scheme" but the real battle is keeping the weight off.

It can be vey unhealthy to lose that amount in weight in the short 28 days but again I wish nothing but hope an success for anyone who struggles with attaning a healthy weight and happy life
Thank you dear I wish you the best luck as well .. and yes i know its a big challenge to lose all the weight and keep it all off ..

im going to do some changes and will go to see a doctor ..

thanks for cheering me up
Raspberry 1984 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #20  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Raspberry 1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 62

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenzideRhae View Post
It's super great that you're so pumped and excited and committed to sticking to a plan to lose weight, but a pound or more a day of weight loss is unhealthy at your weight, as others have said. I've seen brides practically starve themselves to look perfect on their wedding day/fit into their dress/whatever, only to end up having an awful time because they're tired and lethargic from not eating enough.

You want to be that girl that is having an amazing day no matter what her weight is, not the girl who collapsed because she was starving herself. I'd try some of the diets the other girls have suggested, and add in some exercise. Your wedding day will be amazing no matter how much you weigh, and you're more likely to keep the weight off if you pick something that you can actually stick with long-term.
Thank you dear for your advice and opinion .. im convinced and will see a doctor and stick to a healthy plan and be active and do workouts and walk daily

thank you so much
Raspberry 1984 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #21  
Funsized Fiesta
 
KenzideRhae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 590

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry 1984 View Post
Thank you dear for your advice and opinion .. im convinced and will see a doctor and stick to a healthy plan and be active and do workouts and walk daily

thank you so much
Get a referral from your primary care physician for a nutritionist, if you can. They are generally a lot more able to help with diet/exercise plans than your regular doctor. Good luck.
KenzideRhae is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #22  
Junior Member
 
SpaceCoconaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 27

Default

It looks interesting, but I wouldn't like the idea of being allowed to let myself gorge on just one thing for a meal. I would over do it... especially if it was cheese.

I can't even eat cheese like that. I'm lactose-intolerant.

But, good luck!
SpaceCoconaut is offline  
Old 08-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #23  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1

Default

Hi Rasberry
I do understand what you feel, hope you have achieved your goal and are happily married by now .. I followed this diet after someone recommended it and lost about 8 Kgs in all. I went on a months holiday soon after and gained 3 kgs back. Now I am starting all over again hoping to lose what I gained . there are different versions each claiming to be from the book of Osama Hamdy,, But if you have the book I would appreciate receiving the remaining plan since you have mentioned only the first weeks plan... You can mail me if you can and I shall give you the email ID , thanks a million
marieq8 is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 01:19 AM   #24  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1

Default

hi , i have started on this diet plan and im hoping to follow thru. i have gained 8kgs over last three months and i need to loose.
please post the following weeks diet plan as well.
looking forward to seeing results. good luck to all of you follwing the diet.
big cheese is offline  
Old 09-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #25  
Dukanista
 
April Snow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,547

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Default

well, since the original thread is from almost a year ago, and the OP never came back again to 3FC, I'm going with the assumption that this plan does not work!
April Snow is offline  
Old 10-09-2011, 01:54 PM   #26  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1

S/C/G: 105/92/69

Height: 165

Default

Hello, today I went on google searching the internet for the Dr Osama Hamdy diet, whenI came across this page, and came across this website, I read all your posts here, and I found it very interesting that I decided to join the website.
I love the atmosphere and support, really amazing.

Well for Marie, I followed this diet for 10 days and I lost only 3 kilos in 10 days, I got frustrated and gave up. then i met two of my friends, that I gave them the diet, and once motivated them, one of the two girls lost 10 and the second lost 18... I was shocked... so today I decided maybe I should give it a second try. It is only confusing with the amounts of eggs you have to eat. I can't really eat that much eggs... but for my surprise the diet posted here is different... Im not sure which is the original Osama Hamdy diet.

I wish you all the best. Sam
Sam Ibrahim is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
bio's 11-17-01 Eleni TOPS 12 02-16-2003 05:42 AM
valentine day challenge lily rose Exercise! 15 01-22-2003 09:09 AM
New bio.Updated as of June 10,2001 Eleni TOPS 25 11-11-2001 10:25 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.