Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 02:23 PM   #16  

This recipe sounds so good haven't tried it yet but will, a good yummy snack when your craving something naughty.

Banana Chocolate-Chip Mini Muffins

Prep Time | 18 min.
Cook Time | 18 min.
Level of Difficulty | Moderate
cakes | These bite-size treats are the perfect solution for a chocolate craving. Freeze extra muffins, then thaw and reheat for 3 to 5 minutes.

Ingredients

1 cup(s) light artificially sweetened vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup(s) fat-free milk
1/2 cup(s) uncooked quick oats
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg(s), beaten
1 large banana(s), mashed
1/4 cup(s) unpacked brown sugar
1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 cup(s) mini chocolate chips

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Combine yogurt, milk, oats, vanilla extract and egg. Set aside 5 minutes for oats to soften; stir in banana.

In a separate bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture to moisten ingredients. Do not beat. Dough will be very thick. Stir in chips.

Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons into 3 mini-muffin tins coated with cooking spray. Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes. Yields 1 muffin per serving.

Serves | 36
POINTS per serving | 1
Old 11-14-2002, 05:13 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

Duckie...get back online with the lawyers...this whole thing does not sound right...one extra month is no bargain and for you to have to pay AGAIN for what you'be already paid? No way. Do you have the cancelled checks from the rent you've paid? I would be on the phone with a lawyer so fast it would make that landlord's cheesy head spin! Let them go after HIM for the money that you've already paid!!! I'd like to come up there and kick his *** myself!!

I could go on for a bit but I have to take my son to karate...

However...

I shall return!
Old 11-14-2002, 07:42 PM   #18  

Tina Va-voommmmmmm, you are MUCH better than Thin at posting hunk picture for me!!!! (no offense, Thin)

In the infamous words of Kat, I shall return....gotta watch Friends.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:38 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

YooHoo Where is everyone.
I stop in and no one has posted since I checked last night.
I am off today. I am taking the day to go into our capital city and spend a day for myself. I got a couple research jobs so I have a little mad money. I am going shopping.
Did I tell all of you I ordered some new cold weather clothes and I got a large (18/20).

I am still holding at 195 on my scales but on my aunts scales I am at 191.(I like hers)

Well I better run it has started to rain here .Catch you later all of you better get back here and post.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:46 AM   #20  

We don't have rain but we do have snow. Isn't it great to get into the smaller sizes i love the fact that I don't have to shop in the big ladies section anymore. got to run have to get ready for work.
Old 11-15-2002, 08:02 AM   #21  

Mary, can I come and weigh myself at your aunts house?

I had better get to work too.....

Any up for a chat Saturday night??? Or any other time this weekend????? Maybe we should do 6AM so Kat can stay awake!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:09 AM   #22  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Formerly known as babette

Saw some celeb news and thought immediately of Lucky, and Katrina:

By GEORGE, I think she's getting it

George Clooney's ex is bitter that the affirmed bachelor is now dating her best friend. Celine Balitran warns new gal Jennifer Siebel: "He's incredible in bed. While making love with George, I honestly thought the world was shaking. I never experienced such pleasure. He has an incredible physique and such tenderness. I've never been with a man who knows how to please a woman like George. But sometimes he's incredibly childish and he's not a very good boyfriend." Celine was obviously captain of the debating team in high school. Who's going to go anywhere near this guy after such a scathing indictment?

Hmmmm.... actually sounds like the perfect boyfriend ... maybe not husband, but who needs one of those! YIKES!

Sponge worthy

One of the hottest names in animation has been outed as a gay icon. No, not Ren or Stimpy. (Although...) SpongeBob SquarePants is all the rage in gay-themed stores across North America. While creator Stephen Hillenburg denies that the cartoon sponge was intended to be gay, fans point to SpongeBob's flamboyant, defiantly cheery outlook and his penchant for breaking out into song with his male companion Patrick and muscular female friend Sandy Cheeks as evidence to the contrary. SpongeBob is the latest cartoon character to be adopted by the gay community, following in the comfortably adorned footsteps of Scooby-Doo's Velma, Peanuts' Peppermint Patty and Sesame Street's Bert and Ernie.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:46 AM   #23  
a work in progress...

Quote:
Who's going to go anywhere near this guy after such a scathing indictment?
Gee...let me think...LUCKY??

Quote:
SpongeBob is the latest cartoon character to be adopted by the gay community, following in the comfortably adorned footsteps of Scooby-Doo's Velma, Peanuts' Peppermint Patty and Sesame Street's Bert and Ernie.
Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Thanks babette! er...Arabella...

I can't stay this morning...I have Library duties til noon. Then... I REALLY wanted to get a wee bit of shopping done...more like browsing/idea gathering...This afternoon, we are going to see Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Family affair, we're ALL wild about Harry!

I can probably chat tomorrow night. I am working at 11, so if you wanted to start earlier, I wouldn't mind! If not, I can pop in for a bit at 8 EST.

See you all later, chickies!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-15-2002 at 09:50 AM.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:24 AM   #24  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Hey guys......

Quick post.......I am doing much better today, plan to stay OP all day. I did stay within my points yesterday, so that was definitely a plus. I would like to say also that I have been doing more exercise, regardless of the fact that I was off program on Tues and Wed. Sunday, I did my WATP video. Took Monday off and went to WW meeting. Tuesday, I was lured away by my friend to go walking before taking me back to my house for the surprise party. We walked about 2 miles at Tinsley Park. Wednesday, I walked to school to pick up Trey and then walked home and then I went walking again at Tinsley Park yesterday. I generally only exercise every other day, so I thought that was pretty good.

Work is kinda busy this morning, so I'm gonna go for now. Hello to all my lovelies and hope your doing well.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:53 AM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

I am going out of town so can't do chat this weekend.
Enjoy !!!
Old 11-15-2002, 11:00 AM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Ladies

I'm here but busier than a bee before the first frost! No time for responses til the weekend. DARN!

Just want you all to know I'm still OP.....YES! and doing pretty good.

BAYLEE, I've got my fingers crossed for you. I really want to come out there and give you a hug. ((((BAYLEE))))

Hope you're all well.

Back as soon as I can be.

Old 11-15-2002, 02:04 PM   #27  

Here's an email that someone sent me, just a reminder not to take the ones you love for granted. I bawled when I read it, I'm such a softy.

A good reminder : take time to appreciate what you have now.

On the last day before Christmas, I hurried to go to the supermarket to buy the remaining gifts I didn't manage to buy earlier.

When I saw all the people there, I started to complain to myself: 'It is going to take forever here and I still have so many other places to go...'

'Christmas really is getting more and more annoying every year. How I wish I could just lie down, go to sleep and only wake up after it...'

Nonetheless, I made my way to the toy section, and there I started to curse the prices, wondering if after all kids really play with such expensive toys.

While looking in the toy section, I noticed a small boy of about 5 years old, pressing a doll against his chest.

He kept on touching the hair of the doll and looked so sad. I wondered who was this doll for. Then the little boy turned to the old woman next to him: 'Grammy, are you sure I don't have enough money?'

The old lady replied: 'You know that you don't have enough money to buy this doll, my dear.'

Then she asked him to stay here for 5 minutes while she went to look around. She left quickly. The little boy was still holding the doll in his hand.

Finally, I started to walk toward him and I asked him who did he want to give this doll to.

'It is the doll that my sister loved most and wanted so much for this Christmas. She was so sure that Santa Claus would bring it to her.'

I replied to him that maybe Santa Claus will bring it to her, after all, and not to worry.

But he replied to me sadly. 'No, Santa Claus can not bring it to her where she is now. I have to give the doll to my mother so that she can give it to her when she goes there.'

His eyes were so sad while saying this. 'My sister has gone to be with God. Daddy say that Mummy will also go to see God very soon, so I thought that she could bring the doll with her to give it to my sister'

My heart nearly stopped.

The little boy looked up at me and said: 'I told daddy to tell mummy not to go yet. I asked him to wait until I come back from the supermarket'

Then he showed me a very nice photo of him where he was laughing. He then told me: 'I also want mummy to
take this photo with her so that she will not forget me.'

'I love my mummy and I wish she didn't have to leave me but daddy says that she has to go to be with my little sister'. Then he looked again at the doll with sad eyes, very quietly.

I quickly reached for my wallet and took a few notes and said to the boy. 'What if we checked again, just in case you have enough money?'

'Ok' he said. 'I hope that I have enough.'

I added some of my money to his without him seeing and we started to count it. There was enough for the doll, and even some spare money.

The little boy said: 'Thank you God for giving me enough money'. Then he looked at me and added: 'I asked yesterday before I slept for God to make sure I had enough money to buy this doll so that mummy can give it to my sister. He heard me'.

'I also wanted to have enough money to buy a white rose for my mummy, but I didn't dare to ask God too much. But He gave me enough to buy the doll and the white rose.'

'You know, my mummy loves white rose'

A few minutes later, the old lady came again and I left with my trolley.

I finished my shopping in a totally different state from when I started. I couldn't get the little boy out of my mind.

Then I remembered a local newspaper article 2 days ago, which mentioned a drunk man in a truck who hit a car where there was one young lady and a little girl. The little girl died right away, and the mother was left in a critical state. The family had to decide whether to pull the plug on the life-assisting machine, because the young lady would not be able to get out of the coma.

Was this the family of the little boy?

Two days after this encounter with the little boy, I read in the newspaper that the young lady had passed away.

I couldn't stop myself and went to buy a bunch of white roses and I went to the mortuary where the body of the
young woman was exposed for people to see and make last wishes before burial.

She was there, in her coffin, holding a beautiful white rose in her hand with the photo of the little boy and the doll placed over her chest.

I left the place crying, feeling that my life had been changed forever. The love that this little boy had for
his mother and his sister is still, to that day, hard to imagine.

And in a fraction of a second, a drunk man had taken all this away from him.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:47 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Angry

oh Duckie...there goes my mascara!
I'm a big ol' softie too...

I was just getting ready for the movie and decided to pop in for a sec...
Hi to all and a special hug to Baylee...I'm praying for everything to be OK. I thought about you all day today. Lots of prayers and good vibes comin' atcha, girlfriend!!

Happy Friday night, gang!

love ya...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-15-2002 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 07:36 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello chickies
Boy did I have fun today. I am totally in the christmas mood. I shopped loads. I am tired now though.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:37 AM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

Stop !!! Do not post here. Instead come join us at 300+...#241
See you all there !!!
Closed Thread