Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-06-2010, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Default *groan*

So, as my weight drifts closer to onederland, i've been getting more and more excited --- I have jeans that I have been waiting to wear that I wore last when I was only 7lbs lighter than I am RIGHT NOW!!

Then I had some people comment to me that they thought I was losing weight!!

Then I was laying on a blanket and DH went to pull it (he would always try to pull blankets and my weight made me an anchor - the blanket didnt budge) but this time he yanked me right off the couch!!

Then DH was giving me a hug and wrapped both arms around me and LIFTED ME OFF MY FEET!!!!!

Then I was at work, and my scrub bottoms kept sagging and falling off!! So I had tried on another pair *MEDIUMS!!* and they fit loosely!!

But the scale hadn't really been changing - but thats nothing new, sometimes the scale doesn't budge.

So this morning - I got home from work - thrilled at all of my NSVs, and reached into the closet to put on those old jeans - and sigh... I looked like a sausage and my upper gut poured out over the top of them.

So then I went rummaging through my scrubs looking for more medium sized pants... you see, scrubs - even if they are from the same maker and the same cut and size - can be sized differently. don't ask me how. --- anyway --- i go and find 2 other pair of medium ones on the bottom of my "one day i will fit into these" drawer.... but the other 2 pair of mediums, I can't even pull over my bottom!!! I guess the 1 medium pair I happened to grab was the big pair that weren't sized correctly...

BUT - not to lose hope, I pull out the trusty measuring tape...

I HAVEN'T LOST A CM! In fact, I *gained* 1.25cm!!!!!

So, I was feeling great, felt thinner - explored this 'thinner' aspect and alas... I am not actually thinner. The scale is unchanged. The measuring tape is unchanged. I can't fit into my smaller clothes like I expected...

How disheartening!!!

Last edited by GonnaTurnHeads; 12-06-2010 at 11:05 AM.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Put those pants away. Do not give pants the power to ruin your day. Keep making the good choices you've been making and celebrating things.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Where did you measure? Your waist? My waist changes by a good inch up and down on any given day. My low is 28.5, my high is 31 so I figure I'm around 29.5/30. I think it has to do with water, gas, food...who knows?

My clothes are making me cranky too. There are days I think they really should fit now because I feel smaller...but alas, no.

What I like to do is try on too-small clothes every Saturday, and that's it. So once a week I am measuring my progress this way. Lately though...my trying on days have moved to monthly. It is that slow.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:47 AM   #4  

Location: On Planet Earth...I'm waiting for the Oxygen levels to go up on the other planet's before I move

S/C/G: 250/125/120

Height: 5'3"

Don't get discouraged just keep doing what your doing. Eventually you will see progress just don't check in on it everyday. Change takes time. I use to weigh myself just once a month to ensure I would see change. You're doing great
WinterJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

that totally happens to me too. I'll try on an old pair of jeans that magically fits again so then weigh myself and find i haven't actually lost any weight and I try on my other jeans and they don't fit yet. I try to keep up a good attitude and celebrate small victories. If i fit into one pair of jeans then..thats awesome..and keep it moving. don't dwell on the negative
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #6  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

Don't get discouraged. From what I read, you are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work, drink plenty of water, and before you know it, you'll be fitting into those cloths in no time. {that's what I keep telling myself too!} Go for Gold!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote