Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I'm sticking with the sweater dress. I refuse to spend money on a new one. And this is a party where the women are supposed to wear cocktail dresses or ugly sweaters. I have no ugly sweaters (and again, I don't want to buy one) so I'm just re-doing an old dress to look like one. I'll definitely post pictures when it's finished. The woman who's in charge of putting the party together told my husband that among the prizes is a 42" HDTV, $1000 cash and a lot of other stuff. I'm guessing the bigger ones are going to be given away in raffles, but still!

I woke up today all bloated and sick feeling. I blame my diet last night for 100% of it. I just can't eat like that.

Conrats Lindsey!

Good job on the new low Vixin!!

Shells, it's true! I wouldn't be hungry AT ALL when I woke up. I'd usually eat a couple of hours after waking, or not at all until lunch. I started doing the whole "eat within an hour of waking" thing, and within a couple of weeks, sure enough, I started waking up hungry!

Krampus, I found that I start getting more headaches and tiredness when I go below 1300. An average day for me is around 1400 calories, +/- 100.

Diana and all the new folks, HI!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #17  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Gah! The school called and my hubby has to go pick them up. Apparently, my son has been sneezing a lot, runny nose, red eyes and isn't really doing anything. He has no fever, but they'd rather him go home. And, as we can't make two trips, we're picking up our other child too. Seriously? Another cold/virus? We just got over the flu thingy last week. I'm sick of all the illnesses! I just want to sit down and .

Sorry, I'm not being very positive, I'm just a little overwhelmed.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #18  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Vixsin Hi Congrats on the new low!

Lindsey Great job on the 2.4 pounds. I think that's awesome!

Pint I hope you feel better as the day goes. I know it's not good to feel like that.

Shells Aww, I'm sorry you are going through all of that with the little ones. I hope things turn around soon.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #19  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

December 1 and I'm re-focused . . . of course it's the holiday open house for the other law firm on my floor and they have a massive amount of really good catered food for the open house and the kitchen will be filled with the leftovers for the rest of the week. I will have to be very selective in what I choose to eat. My office Christmas luncheon is scheduled for December 21 and I really want to wear the dress I bought. Right now I could wear it, as long as I didn't want to worry too much about being able to sit down in it. I usually only see my boss' wife once a year (at our luncheon) so she is going to be surprised at how different I look (even though she knows I've been losing weight, it's much different to see it).

Hope everyone has a good day.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:34 PM   #20  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Thanks, Diana. TOM should be here any day and I'm a complete mess. I think it's a mixture of exhaustion from the kids being sick and my hormones. My eldest son suffers from allergies pretty badly, so I gave him some Zyrtec just in case. He does sound better, so I'm hoping his symptoms were just allergy related. Thank you for your kind words, though.

Lindsey--I hope you take pictures of your new cut!! Are there any particular styles you're considering?

Pint--My dad was a cop and I remember going to his policeman formal balls. They always had such great stuff they gave away. Even plane tickets for anywhere in the US!

Vixsin--Hello to you too, Lady! I'm sorry about your cough. I hope you feel better soon. Lovin' your new low, though!! I remind myself of the 80% diet, 20% exercise thing too. I think I read it from one of the maintainers on here.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:41 PM   #21  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Kris I'm glad to hear that you are re-focused. You can do it. Look at everything you have accomplished so far.

Shells I hear you on the hormones. I think I posted here the other day when I was having my "moment". I actually had a "moment" where I hated the whole world (literally) and I didn't give a flop about anything. Not a good feeling.

ETA: I totally believe if men got TTOM, something would have already been done about it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 12-01-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Diana - Thanks, I do too!

Shells - Aww, I hope it's just his allergies too! You definitely don't need any sick children! You just got over the puking thing with them. Hope they are better soon! And hope you're feeling better soon my dear! I will..I am going on Tuesday in the afternoon. Hubby doesn't know. I'm going to just surprise him! Yeah, this is the cut I'm going for...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg haircut3.jpg (32.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg haircut5.jpg (37.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg haircut8.jpg (8.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by LindseyLou; 12-01-2010 at 01:58 PM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Diana - That is so true!

Lindsey - Love the hair!

Shells - I know how you feel. Hormones can be awful.

I'm having an okay day. TOM is gone, I've been drinking a lot of water/tea today and I hope to flush out some of the stupid lbs leftover from Thanksgiving weekend. Had a good cardio workout today - did almost 7k .
This was my food intake today:
B - coffee with milk
L - 2 crisp bread, one with a slice of ham, one with cream cheese and jam
S - Fruit smoothie with mango, blueberries and banana
D - Whole-wheat spaghetti with artichokes, olives and peppers, piece of chocolate from my advent calendar and a latte for dessert
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #24  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I am definitely back in for Dec!

Demona, Andejean & steinanwine - Hi and Welcome to the thread!

Diana, Roxanne, Pint, Krampus, Shells, Vixsin, LittleL, Mama, cincim - Let's make it another great month!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #25  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Ok Ladies, my first day of December was off to a rough start. I didn't sleep much last night, I was tossing and turning all night. I was having these awful nightmares about cows / calves being abused and slaughtered, I couldn't sleep, these images and feelings just kept popping up in my head. It was awful.

Today has been just a sad day in general, those nightmares have stuck with me all day, it's been terrible and to top it all off it is TTOM - so I am more emotional (and moody!) than usual.

On a better note, I have had a good food day. Stuck to plan which I am grateful for.

Here is the plan for the day Weds 12/1/2010

B - 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ natural peanut butter and maple syrup + 1 small banana

S - 1 cup raw broccoli w/ hummus + 1.5oz dry-roasted cashews

L - Homemade barley casserole, about 1.5 cups worth + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 small apple + 5 reduced sodium Triscuits + 2 sqaures dark chocolate

D - Probably make a stir-fry. Marinated tempeh, tahini sauce, lightly steamed kale and sugar snap peas on brown rice

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 12-01-2010 at 04:57 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #26  
Veteren Newbie

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 67"

Breakfast 1 plain white bagel with a VERY light smear of cream cheese. Lunch 2 cups 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup. Afternoon Snack 3 servings of pistachios {Planned} Dinner 2 cups prepared mac n cheese.

Did a lot of stolling around today I would guess counts as walking. After dinner my planned fitness activity is to do some power walking on the treadmill and a Hip Hop Abs video.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Cincimini - Thanks! I can't wait to get it cut! I hope it looks as cute as the pics!

Lauren - Heck yeah, December is gonna be awesome! Your breakfast sounds sooooooo good.

Demona - Hi!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #28  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 187/175/150

Height: 5'6

Smile Monthly weigh in..

Hello Everyone!! i have missed you guys soo much!!
let me just tell you i have had such a busy month, iv had sick kids, sick mom, and alot of stuff going on in our lives right now and thats why i haven't been around!
i have stayed op all month with my calories ranging 1400 to 1500 with a couple days going up to 18-1900, but i trucken through, and weighed myself today weighing in at 171, i am sooo pleased with that number. i was hoping for at least 174, and it went well above my expectations!
i have to confess i am LOVING only weighing myself monthly. i just stay op and don't have the stress of getting on the scale. and i give myself a very realistic goal of 3 to 4 pounds a month, and i have such a peace about that. by march or April i should be at goal, and if i get there before so be it!! i promise ill try to be around more this month for accountability. i hope everyone is doing well.

Pint i hope you are feeling better! , we have dh's Christmas party Saturday as well and Friday im going out and buying a new dress, but with me im just using the party as an excuse to by a sexy (but modest) dress and i sure dont have skills like you to make my own i would look a hot mess!
i hope you enjoy yourself and win something!! i think we have won every year but last so im hoping for a flat screen or GPS this year!
nicolewoods1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #29  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone! I definitely need a thread like this. I am horrible at finishing things I start. I keep track of my food intake and exercise on My Fitness Pal if anyone wants to see my journal.

Breakfast:
Fiber One - Frozen Ready-to-Eat Blueberry Muffin, 1 muffin 180 Calories
Homemade - Alienated Blueberry Muffins, 0.5 muffin 64 Calories

Lunch:
Healthy Choice - Chicken With Rice Soup - Microwave Bowl (397g), 1 cup 100 Calories

Snack: Nabisco 100 Calorie Packs - Oreo Thin Cookies, 1 package 100

That is what I have eaten so far. I also did 30 minutes of Cardioke this morning and I have had approximately 48 ounces of water so far today.

Last edited by Ekicna; 12-01-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 134/127/99

Height: 5'0

Hi everyone glad we are all together!

I had a terrible day.
I weighed myself this morning I lost 1.5lbs and was 125.9! I was so happy about it! I did want to have a little cheat day of no more than 1600 with a few little treats I was craving all week. But It backfired so fast. I don't think I can ever safely eat those foods or at least not yet. So My #1 new rule it to stay far far away from any bad food! I was doing great without it! I feel awful after eating it today. So I now I am going to be working towards becoming binge-free for 40 days again. I am trying to be positive, thinking " I did it before I can do it again one day at a time!"
I am absolutely dreading tomorrow because I am going to weigh myself to see how this affected my weight. I hope I didn't undo my loss! I am so disgusted with myself right now. But it was like I couldn't stop I wasn't even hungry at all and I was just mindlessly eating!
Here's the awful check-in:
Exercise walked 30 minutes.

Breakfast (
1 slices ww toast 160
1 oz natural PB 200
jam 40
1 cup milk 90
apple 120

Lunch (
3/4 cup kashi cereal 180
1/2 cup nonfat milk 45
1/2 cup blueberries 35
cotton candy ice cream pop 100
Rf cheese stick 70
2 cups popcorn 100
this is where it gets ugly.. I was in pre-binge mode for breakfast and lunch so after lunch I just went all the way and really binged hard. I binged on pumpkin muffins, banana cake, chocolate, many kinds of candy, cookies, more PB. I am so upset/ashamed feel so fat its unbelievable! I just ruined my 40 day binge free spree. Now I'm back to square one and am feeling really bad about it. I actually tries to purge ti up since I ate so much. I never had bulimia I am a recovered anorexic though ( I was anorexic a few years ago) The starvation from that caused me to binge hence, becoming unhealthy. I had 2500-4000 I'd say.
So I am trying not to freak out right now. All I can do i guess is get back on track tomorrow and keep it that way. I am going to make sure I plan my day ahead every.single.day to prevent any mess-ups.
I'm sorry I just really needed somewhere to vent this to.

Last edited by Pinkstar104; 12-01-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Pinkstar104 is offline   Reply With Quote