Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #76  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
I'm a little freaked out because it was a bit difficult to zip. I'm hoping hoping hoping it's just the bloaties. If not, Imma wear a corset underneath and pray.

L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

I'm with you shells and stein. I hate having to go pee so am constantly half dehydrated. I also don't like water much. What I have been doing that helps is getting those flavor packets and putting half or quarter of one in a bottle of water and that helps.

Welcome to the party Web

Well, finished all my homework last night. But did not get to study for the test today. Most of it isn't a big deal but I do have to study the bones and muscles of the head. However, at the moment, I didn't get to bed until 2:30 and woke up with a huge headache that is the result of no sleep. So am going to try and get a few hours of sleep.

By the way, two days of breakfast, two days of no fuzzy thinking. This morning is plums for breakfast because i am actually hungry. I'm going to just eat those and then get something a little more to eat when I wake up because as soon as the kids leave I am going back to bed!

Roxanne
Started my journey on 9/8/2010
mini goal: 10% loss (261)
mini goal 2: 15% loss (246)
mini goal 3: 20% loss (232)
mini goal 4: move into onderland
mini goal 5: weigh 150 (5 lbs less than I did in high school)
Major Goal: Be able to climb to the summit of Mt. St Helens in the 2011 hiking season (May thru November)

For every 5lbs lost:

Goal One Ticker:
Goal One Ticker:

End Goal Ticker

Keeping Track of my loss
September 2010: 4 lbs lost
October 2010: 11 lbs lost
November 20100: 5 pounds lost
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #78  
CanadianVeggie

TGIF!!!!!

Any big plans for the weekend girls??

I have a dinner to go to tonight, then tomorrow a doctors appointment and house cleaning, Sat night going to see Harry Potter!!! And then Sun will be grocery shopping and another dinner.

So going to be another busy weekend for me!

Only 19days till I leave for Australia!!!!!

Here is my plan for the day Fri 12/3/2010

B - 1 WW whole wheat bagel w/ vegemite and soy cheese + small banana

S - Cucumber and carrot sticks w/ hummus

L - Veggie sandwich on multigrain bread + side salad and maybe a handful of fries

S - Apple

D - Not sure, going to a friends place for dinner so i'm not sure what we'll be eating

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + At least 2L water

Have a happy, healthy and OP day and weekend

Last edited by L R K; 12-03-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #79  
CanadianVeggie

roxanne - glad to see that the breakfasts are helping I hope you have a good uninterupted nap.

Last edited by L R K; 12-03-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #80  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'2"

I've only had breakfast and my first snack so far, but this is my plan for today.

B - 1 package mini muffins (210 calories)

S - 20 pistachios (approx. 80 calories)

L - Cereal + milk (approx. 300 calories)

S - 20 pistachios (approx. 80 calories)

D - Not sure yet. I will have 670 calories remaining (putting myself on 1200 a day). Need to get to the store! I'm thinking a chicken wrap + an apple!

Off topic: LaurenA -- the dog in your avatar is too adorable!

Last edited by KaylaChristine; 12-03-2010 at 10:38 AM.
KaylaChristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:49 AM   #81  
CanadianVeggie

Kayla - Hi and Welcome to the thread

And thanks, that is my Kammi - she's my little furbaby
Old 12-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #82  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Snow is still present. I don't care how much it costs, I'm getting a 4x4 so I can at least go further than my local town in weather like this -.-

Amusing thing of the day: watching some guy back out of his driveway onto the hill then entirely fail to get any traction and slide all the way to the bottom - backwards. Oh how I lol'd.

But you guys don't need to hear that! Food and exercise!

Exercise was another hike into town to run some errands for my grandma. That was a good two and a half mile walk by the time I was done, carrying a heavy backpack full of shopping and medication, so I don't feel so bad about not going into the gym.

Food:
Brunch (yes I forgot about breakfast - again): McDonalds. Yeah. I'm naughty but I really, really wanted some fries. So I had medium fries with BBQ sauce. Can't have burgers because of the buns, so that's one good thing. And a cup of black coffee, no sugar.
Other food: Two wheat-free crumpets (yech, not as nice as the real ones) with a scraping of butter and jam.
Drinks: Two cups of tea and a glass of water.
Dinner will be: Looks like steak and onions at the moment This is a Good Thing.

Oh well, back to staring at the snow. I drew a smiley face in it on the back of my mum's car and she wasn't happy, haha.
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #83  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

My Fitness Pal Food Diary: CTK3989

I need help. I eat when I'm bored. I have 2 children so I have to make dinner for them but I have certain meals I'm supposed to eat. I figured as long as I watched my portions and counted my calories, I could eat what they were having. Technically, that is true, but... I have no self-control. I should have stopped after 2 chicken drumsticks but once the kids were in bed, I was bored while doing homework so I decided to eat 2 more! I knew I should have put the food in the fridge but instead I ate it. The price to pay is that I have gained 1lb from yesterday. I weight 0.6 more than I did when I started this journey. Please help me! Any tips anyone has would be great.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #84  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

(For those on the daily weigh-in thread, sorry for the duplicate post)
I thought I was ready to be back but I guess not so much. I've really been way off plan these past few weeks. Crazy I know. Struggle, struggle, struggle . . . gets old. Life is pretty crazy right now. Without going into details, I would really appreciate prayers for myself and my family.

Today is my grandson's second birthday. We (me, my daughter and the boys) went out for a Birthday Breakfast this morning. It was awesome to get to be with him on his birthday - we put a number 2 candle on his french toast. It was cute - he would blow it out and then say "again." We are planning a party for him once my son-in-law gets into town, so today I only gave him one of his presents (an adorable book called "I love you through and through"). Having them with me right now has been amazing.

My daughter and the kids left this morning after breakfast and will be out of town until Sunday or Monday. I'm hoping to get myself back on track while they are gone and get some good healthy meals planned. We have been on the go pretty much non-stop and I've fallen back into old habits (unfortunately, I'm still a stress/boredom/depression eater at heart). I have a lot of work to do around my house too.

Congrats to all those doing well . . . I hope to rejoin the "doing well ranks" soon.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #85  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Mmmmm...I just made the most delicious vegan peanut butter and banana cookies!! I'm trying to slowly transition my family off of meat/dairy and I figure I can bribe them with cookies. I have two friends who are vegan and they secretly pass me recipes. As I'm counting calories too, I cut out a third of the sugar and used whole wheat flour to make it healthier. They're about 100 calories a cookie and MmmMmm good! Now, to try the oatmeal raisin recipe they sent.

Ekicna--When I get like that in the evening, I'll make myself a cup of tea/sugar free hot chocolate. Or, if I feel I need to chew on something, a piece of sugar free gum. Could something like that work? If you're actually hungry, then you could choose something a little healthier. I like baby carrots and hummus. Or, air popped popcorn sprinkled with splenda and cinnamon.

Well, I have a date with Leslie! Bbl!
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:10 PM   #86  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

MamaP--I will be praying for you and your family. Hang in there.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #87  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

It's just after noon, but already I've had 1114 calories. I don't regret it either, LOL. I woke up starving. I still had planned stuff, I just ate most of my calories in the morning. My hunger is generally very very low for the rest of the day on mornings like this.

For breakfast I had oatmeal and a scrambled egg (not just the whites!).

I *did* indulge in some hot chocolate when it was offered to me as I was standing in the 32 degree weather with my son before the school opened it's doors. It was in a 12 oz cup, but my son drank more than half. I still logged it as 10 oz though, just to be safe. It didn't taste the greatest, but BOY did it make me feel better! We're used to it being in the 70's! (Last week it was in the 70's here!)

I had a Boca Burger (soy) with a slice of reduced fat cheddar, mayo and sweet chili sauce. The sweet chili sauce is my best friend! It is SO delicious and has only 15 calories per teaspoon, which is more than enough for a burger. I also use it as a veggie dip.

I weighed 152.6 on the scales this morning. Oh well, just gotta keep pluggin' away!

Dinner is going to be light for me tonight. A nice, big salad should do it. Thankfully I don't care for dressing, 2 tablespoons is usually too much, even for a large salad.

And yes, I'll be sure to post pics of the dress!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #88  
Becoming a BEAST!

S/C/G: 161.6/161.6/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellsbrood View Post

Ekicna--When I get like that in the evening, I'll make myself a cup of tea/sugar free hot chocolate. Or, if I feel I need to chew on something, a piece of sugar free gum. Could something like that work? If you're actually hungry, then you could choose something a little healthier. I like baby carrots and hummus. Or, air popped popcorn sprinkled with splenda and cinnamon.
Thanks! I'm fine in the morning but by the time lunch rolls around I want to snack on everything in sight. I am going to try to have a little more self control and when I want to eat something at an inappropriate time, I will have a drink of water instead.
Ekicna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Ok, here's the plan for today...
B- Oatmeal 100 w/maple syrup 50 , banana 110 (260)
S- doritos 100
L- PB & J on whole wheat 250, applesauce 80 (330)
S- 4 oz. hot apple cider w/ cool whip 90
D- chicken caesar salad 400, 1/2 dinner roll 80 (480)
S- cashews 150, chocolate 100 (250)
30 mins walking

AND grocery shopping tonight, so I'll have more options..

Last edited by LindseyLou; 12-03-2010 at 09:56 PM.
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!
Wow, lots of stuff going on in here.
Pint - I can't wait to see pics of that sweater dress. I love ugly sweater parties!!!

Sorry, cutting it short tonight b/c I'm dead tired - and starving! Went Xmas shopping today and to the Christmas Market, but I stayed away from the Gluehwein (hot spiced wine) and all the fast food. Here's what I had today:

B - 2 slices crisp bread with cream cheese and jam, coffee with milk
L - (at an Italian restaurant) Pasta with roma tomatoes and rucola. I ordered whole wheat, ate out all the tomato and only half the pasta and didn't put any cheese on - that was the best I could do and I'm sure it was better than the alternative (pizza), Latte for dessert
S - Coffee with milk, 1 Lebkuchen
D - yogurt and fruit

No workout today, but we walked from 11am to 6pm so that has to count for SOMETHING, right? RIGHT?????
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote