Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #631  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Today I had:

B: Oatmeal with 1/4 c. almonds

L: Chicken sandwich, Spring Mix salad.

S: 1 100% whole wheat "Earth Thins" bun spread with 1tbs hummus, 1 container of Activia

D: 3 c. Spring Mix salad w/ 1tbs low-cal raspberry dressing, 4oz chicken breast

All in all, it came to 1448 calories approximately. I also had my vitamin, 3 cups of green tea and 1 cup of regular tea. I upped my water intake as well. I'm going to have a Viactive chew here in a bit, which will add 20 calories to my total.

No Wii workout today.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #632  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Vixsin- Tell me more about your run... were you on a treadmill? did you have an incline set? 20 minutes at what speed. I am trying so hard and can only do 2 minutes at 5mph then 4 minutes at 3.8. I get so out of breath. It is almost like I am holding my breath but I am not sure. One of my friends wants me to do a Rookie Triathlon on April 17 and I'll have to run 2 miles. Not sure I can do it.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:43 AM   #633  

S/C/G: 297/287/140

Height: 5'6

Wysteria: Congrats on the days off

Pint: I will have to get that and reluctantly get rid of my down pillow. It would be my favorite pillow that is probably playing havoc!

Debbie: As long as you have talked to your doctor about calories then you are in the green. I got a huge lecture from my doc (who also happens to be my sister when it comes to weight loss things. she is a doc so I ask her all the questions about weight etc) about being too low on calories. So I try to stay in a good range. You sound like you have everything together. I loved the comment 5'4 on a piece of paper! lol

Shells: Feel better soon! My parfait was strawberry yogurt, banana and sugar free whipped cream. It's pretty good but I only ate half of it

Vixsin: You are awesome! Super congrats!

Lazy: Welcome!

Lindsey: I hope you get to feeling better soon! It is miserable when you are sick!

So confession time for me today.

I did go workout but only for half an hour. I did 15 minutes alternating walking/jogging on the treadmill. Then 15 minutes lap swim. I just didn't want to do anything else after that. I have been kinda achy in this cold weather.

I also went out to Sonic with my twins. I shouldn't have. Then SO comes home and tells me he is taking me out to the seafood buffet. I have always wanted to go to it but it's a little spendy and a 2 hour wait for the tables. Well he took me today. Needless to say...by the end of the day I am not going to even mention my calories. :sigh:

However, it got me to realizing...that my willpower is next to non existant right now. It has been since I got hurt. I was doing so well. And now, not only am I constantly craving food, I seem to have next to no willpower to resist it.

I know I am not the only person that has hit a slump like this. What do you do to get out of it?

Roxanne
roxannestags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:34 AM   #634  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Roxanne - Thanks! I know..it's awful..hope I'm back to normal soon! As far as the willpower thing goes, you are most definitely not the only one! I've been having a little trouble with that lately. I just want to eat, even when I'm not hungry. I've been trying to slow down and THINK about what I'm going to eat before I do. It's so easy to look at something and it's looking so delicious and you hurry and devour it, later upset with yourself for doing so. I kind of make myself stop for 10 seconds and think is this good for my plan? Why am I eating this? Am I hungry? Bored? I think stopping and thinking about it a little bit helps, but it's hard. I think you're doing great!!! Losing weight is no easy thing! Keep up the good work my dear!

Today is day 100 of my new lifestyle AND I'm 153 this morning! Getting closer to the 140s! I'm less than 8 pounds away from being in the "normal" weight range. Still sick..I feel worse I think. No partying tonight!

What is everyone's plan for NYE? New Years Day? Hope everyone has a healthy, happy, OP day!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #635  

Did I miss the January thread??
Old 12-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #636  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Happy New Year Girls!!!!!

For this month, I have lost 7 lbs. Even with the medication drama for a week, I still managed a great loss. I am super happy about it and proud of myself. I achieved so much this past year and honestly, it was all within the last 4 months. I owe so much of it to you guys. The never-ending support that you all provide is so key to this journey for me. It means so much to me knowing that you all are in my corner cheering me on! I hope that I can help all of you achieve your goals and be a crucial part of your support teams as well. I thank all of you for it. You guys mean the world to me!!

Stacygee: Good for you for running! I am completely in love with it again. Yes, I am on a treadmill. No incline at this point. I am doing the Couch to 5K program. Its a 9 week schedule of running 3 days a week. You do intervals and work your way up to being able to run for 30 minutes straight. You may want to think about slowing your pace just a pinch. Maybe down to 4.0 and I'd start doing walk/jog intervals. You can totally be ready for April. Here's the link to c25K: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It's a great program. CutieCourt and I are both doing the program and love it. It really eases you into running and you end up challenging yourself and achieving more than you ever thought possible. It's amazing. I wish you the best of luck with it.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:07 AM   #637  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I had a loss this morning!! According to my bathroom scale, I am at 152.6, and the Wii measured 152.2!!! Yay!! Well, kinda yay. It's the EXACT weight I started December at. So basically I yo-yo'd between 152 and 156 all month, and I'm back to where I started. GUH!! Can't a girl see the 140's?!

Breakfast was Chai oatmeal with a 4oz carton of strawberry Activia mixed in. Gonna keep it light for the rest of the day because we're going to a New Year's Party tonight and I know there won't be a very good selection of food. I'm going to bring a veggie tray.

See you next year!!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #638  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good morning Everyone! Happy and Healthy New Year!

Yesterday i did awesome. Apx 930 calories, To low by my Dr standards, i will push for 1200 today.

I also did 1 mile on the exercise bike, and 20 minutes upper body work.

I finished the month with -3 lbs, but ive only been 'eating' healthy 2 days, so heck im pleased.

PINT whoooohhhooo

VIXSIN Your rock girl!

LINDSEY Awesome
debbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #639  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

C25K is this a free program? Thanks everyone!
debbieOBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #640  

Lindsey: Thank you. I will try that. I just want to get this back under control!

Here is my plan for today:
B: 2 pieces toast with 1 T jam, 3 turkey sausages (these are nasty so probably won't have them again!) 1 oz cheese and 1 banana

L: chicken thigh, 1 can green beans

D: Split pea soup with 1 slice sourdough bread

Snack: 2 apples

total for the day: 1395
Exercise: If it warms up going on a short hike (after lots of tylenol. This cold is making all my joints ACHE)
Old 12-31-2010, 12:08 PM   #641  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Started my day with a relaxing half hour swim in a pool that was almost deserted - only one other person in it - then breakfast of poached eggs and smoked salmon. I love my gym, it really does have the BEST restaurant in the world.

Then I ventured into town and found a really well-fitting pair of black trousers for work. Bit pricey but totally worth it! Lunch at home was a Quorn escalope, potato wedges and corn on the cob.

And now, I'm just chilling We're having a bit of a party tonight so food will be canape nibbly things, nothing major, and lots of champagne.

Happy New Year all!
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:54 PM   #642  

The highest it is supposed to get here today is 14 degrees! Forget that hike, I will go to the pool! There is a low intensity arthritis workout at 2 and then youth swim from 3 to 4:25 so I can go with the kids. And I can soak in the hot tub for a bit to ease the aches in my joints. Pure bliss.

Roxanne
Old 12-31-2010, 05:03 PM   #643  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbieOBX View Post
C25K is this a free program? Thanks everyone!
It sure is, Debbie. Its a running program that takes you from the couch to able to run for 30 minutes straight in 9 weeks. Scroll up a bit and you'll see a link I posted that will take you to it.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 PM   #644  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Vixsin- I'll try to follow the program a bit. Do ya'll have a thread about doing C25K? I can't slow down to 4.0... but maybe I'll see if 4.5 would be better. I always put a 1.0 incline b/c I heard you should to duplicate a street. I had more trouble today though b/c I have shin splints. Tomorrow I spin so I'll give my shins a break and try again on Tuesday.

Roxanne- I know the willpower is so hard to have everyday. Today I wanted to eat and did at a non-meal designated time. I even had a miniature hershey bar. I hope I don't regret it tomorrow. I really wanted to start the New Year under 200 and I just didn't make it.

Congrats to you Little Lindsey.

debbie- Hope you get to 1200. I've always heard you need that amount. You are doing great.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:56 PM   #645  

Anyone know if a January thread has been created?